PDA

View Full Version : Removing hair dye

RancheroTheBee
October 12th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Okay, I decided I just really, really hate the black.

Well, I don't hate it. It looks good, but I really want to stop coloring my hair. I haven't seen my natural hair color since THE SEVENTH GRADE. I can't find Color Oops in Calgary, and I don't know how it would affect henna anyway.

I loved the suggestion I got before of dyeing my roots a lighter brown, but what can I do to fade the black on my ends a little bit in the meantime? Is oiling really that effective?

Thanks!

PS: If you're a Calgarian and you know where to get Color Oops, you must tell me!

PPS: Yes, I know this is my second thread on the subject. :( But I'm getting so desperate.

Roseate
October 12th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Okay, I decided I just really, really hate the black.

Well, I don't hate it. It looks good, but I really want to stop coloring my hair. I haven't seen my natural hair color since THE SEVENTH GRADE. I can't find Color Oops in Calgary, and I don't know how it would affect henna anyway.

Since you probably won't be able to remove the henna anyway, why not keep the black a while longer, since you like it? I mean, once you get big roots you can start fussing about what to do with them, but why not just enjoy your last fresh dye job before you start growing your henna out?

ETA: oops, I thought this was a brand-new black dye job you were talking about; I see from your other thread you're already dealing with annoying roots. Ignore me. Insomnia + LHC= lame posts like this.

RancheroTheBee
October 12th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Since you probably won't be able to remove the henna anyway, why not keep the black a while longer, since you like it? I mean, once you get big roots you can start fussing about what to do with them, but why not just enjoy your last fresh dye job before you start growing your henna out?

ETA: oops, I thought this was a brand-new black dye job you were talking about; I see from your other thread you're already dealing with annoying roots. Ignore me. Insomnia + LHC= lame posts like this.

Yeah, it's been about a month and they're getting quite ugly. My natural hair color is pretty similar to yours, so you can imagine how that contrasts with blue-black. :p

Heidi_234
October 12th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Henna won't be affected by the ColorOops. There's also ColorFix I heard about, maybe you can find that one instead? Or order online, it's a one time thing after all.

Rini
October 12th, 2009, 02:27 AM
HI there! As someone who had been a bright red henna head for a few years and is now back to my natural blonde....I feel your pain :(

The bad news is that there is nothing around that will remove your henna. You may be able to fade it some by using oils, yoghurt, amla and even Uncolour (another brand, but they all do the same thing) may help a teeny tiny bit. Bottom line is that you will have to go the chemical route if you really want to remove it and you're going to get some damage. I had to cut back to just below chin length, but I'm pretty much back to the length I was now (it did take a couple of years). Even now, my lengths still show some warm tones from the old henna.

I know I haven't made you feel any better, but there ARE ways you can minimise the damage from chemicals. Protein treatments, coconut oil, VERY gentle handling, minimal bleach exposure (ie doing streaks instead of whole head) are all things which can help.

Best of luck to you! I hope you find a solution you are happy with :D

Elphie
October 12th, 2009, 05:54 AM
I don't know if you have a CVS in Canada but I realized the other day that they also carry Color Oops in their haircare isle.

TokyoPink
October 14th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Have you tried lemon juice? Thats how I faded out my old black dye. My dye was chemical though, and I dont know how effective lemon juice would be on henna. Worth a try though, right?