PDA

View Full Version : What I love about dyeing my hair...

katydid317
October 11th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Is that I can see how fast it grows so easily! I last dyed my hair on Sept 18 and I can see from my roots it's grown a half inch. Then there's the damage and the upkeep that are the downsides. I can't tell how much dyeing is damaging it though because it doesn't feel or look damaged.

Amara
October 11th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I did always like seeing my virgin roots' length when it came round time to henna again! :)

RavennaNight
October 11th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Roots. They tell you it is growing. :thumbsup: Love thy roots.

kwaniesiam
October 11th, 2009, 08:56 PM
That is a great side to the frustration of coloring your hair. I can tell how lazy I've been about my henna by how long my roots are, but it does remind me that my hair is growing! ;)

ericthegreat
October 11th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I had my base color and highlights touched up just two weeks ago, so I'm still waiting for my virgin black roots to grow back out! I can't wait to chart just how fast my hair truly grows by the difference in hair color!

RancheroTheBee
October 11th, 2009, 09:44 PM
I always loved that. What I don't love is the comments about how my hair is so blonde at my roots, "It makes you look bald!" -__-;

juliaxena
October 11th, 2009, 09:47 PM
For me its sometimes a good thing but sometimes it's frustrating if my hair is growing slowly. Or that stage when the roots are getting ugly already but you can't dye them yet. It just never seems to grow enough however.

piratejenny23
October 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
yes me too! i don't dye my hair a drastically different color, just a reddish brown over my brown hair, but i have a few silver hairs and i can really tell how fast my hair is growing by measuring them. in 2008 my hair was only growing 1/2" per month, but since march it seems to be growing 1" per month! thank you biotin! :happydance:

ravenreed
October 12th, 2009, 01:53 AM
For me, it is a constant shock of seeing yet more greys coming in, but other than that, I do enjoy seeing how much growth I have had.

Tomato
October 12th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Oh, yes, I also love sseing how fast my hair grows... although now there is more and more grey in between (well, actually, black in between the grey...).
And I love taking the pack of henna out, checking all the equipment, pondering if I should mix the henna with black tea or hibiscus tea... to add cloves or not add.... appliing the colour and then relax in front of the tv or with a good book for a few hours. That's really the nicest thing, I am a very restless person and the henna on my head really demands that I sit down and relax!
And then the surprise and pleasure of newly dyed hair, the smell (well, not always), the lustre, the shine!
Mmmh, I think I' gonna get a henna session next weekend...
:cheese: