PDA

View Full Version : Hair goody basket

Vrushali
October 11th, 2009, 04:43 PM
My little sister had an accident recently and I am putting together a feel-good get well soon goodies basket for her. I am targeting hair since she had lovely long hair a few years back (I mean really long knee length hair!!). She has since cut it to BSL after she went through a huge shed related to stress. To cut long story short, I want to pamper the little one and am putting together a lil something.

So far I am thinking some dairy whip and CV bars. With the cleaning part taken care of, I am looking for a good conditioner or DT and anything else you all think will make her happy. Please help me out, this is my first gift basket :o

Mary <><
October 11th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Nothing quite like a good hair toy to brighten someone's day! Might I suggest a 60th Street fork? That is my favorite toy I have! What a lovely thing for you to do for your sister! :crush:

Vrushali
October 11th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Nothing quite like a good hair toy to brighten someone's day! Might I suggest a 60th Street fork? That is my favorite toy I have! What a lovely thing for you to do for your sister! :crush:

Thank you! She is not into hair toys as much (though I plan to initiate her soon:p) but I know she is a product junkie and I thought I'll focus on that for now and move on to hair toys by new years :)

longhairedfairy
October 11th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Oo! Maybe some essential oils and/or some different kinds of good hair oils (jojoba, camellia, coconut, sweet almond, etc.) That is so sweet of you!
ETA: Maybe a nice wooden or horn comb, a heat cap, or a turbie twist.

Vrushali
October 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Oo! Maybe some essential oils and/or some different kinds of good hair oils (jojoba, camellia, coconut, sweet almond, etc.) That is so sweet of you!
ETA: Maybe a nice wooden or horn comb, a heat cap, or a turbie twist.

Jojoba Oil and a nice comb...that what she needs!! Thanks longhairedfairy!!:)

Xandergrammy
October 11th, 2009, 05:25 PM
How about a tub of Biolage Conditioning Balm?

Vrushali
October 11th, 2009, 05:35 PM
How about a tub of Biolage Conditioning Balm?

I have been thinking about it. Is the GVP as good as the Matrix one?

longhairedfairy
October 11th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Jojoba Oil and a nice comb...that what she needs!! Thanks longhairedfairy!!:)
I think it's so nice that you're doing this. I know that if I were in a similar situation to your sister this would cheer me right up.:) How old is she?

Vrushali
October 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I think it's so nice that you're doing this. I know that if I were in a similar situation to your sister this would cheer me right up.:) How old is she?

she is 22 :)

Xandergrammy
October 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I have been thinking about it. Is the GVP as good as the Matrix one?

I haven't tried the GVP yet myself, but I'm pretty sure there are some members who use it and love it. I think your sister will have fun trying it. (I know I would- this is a great idea!)

goddesslynne
October 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM
You can't go wrong with a jar of organic, virgin coconut oil. She can use it on hair and body!!

Shiva
October 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Monoi oil or Ojon (if you want to spend the money).

Redheaded Raven
October 11th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I think that this is a great idea.

I love my horn combs, both fine tooth and wide toothed. I add my thumbs up to that suggestion.

I would add the suggestion of buying a book on natural hair care or hair styles that you think that she would like. That would give her some thing to thumb through to give her some variety to her usual go to hair care or styles.

I also love my silk ribbons that I use to tie my hair up instead of elastics and other things.

You could also have her some special conditioners mixed just for her. There are places that do that. I will see if I can find the links for some after I get back from work.

amaiaisabella
October 11th, 2009, 07:14 PM
How about some deep conditioners? They'd go well with the heat cap a previous poster mentioned. I know it's not hair-related, but some bubble bath would be nice too :)

clairenewcastle
October 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
A variety of essential oils would be a good idea for they have many uses.
It's a lovely idea of yours to get a hair goody basket together for her.

Vrushali
October 11th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Thank you all for all the great ideas!!

I haven't tried the GVP yet myself, but I'm pretty sure there are some members who use it and love it. I think your sister will have fun trying it. (I know I would- this is a great idea!)

I will check it out first thing tomorrow. :)

You can't go wrong with a jar of organic, virgin coconut oil. She can use it on hair and body!!

My mom makes sure we have a lot of coconut oil on hand at home so I think we are good there :)

Monoi oil or Ojon (if you want to spend the money).

I don't have any experience with these but I have heard a lot about them. I'll check them out :)

I think that this is a great idea.

I love my horn combs, both fine tooth and wide toothed. I add my thumbs up to that suggestion.

I would add the suggestion of buying a book on natural hair care or hair styles that you think that she would like. That would give her some thing to thumb through to give her some variety to her usual go to hair care or styles.

I also love my silk ribbons that I use to tie my hair up instead of elastics and other things.

You could also have her some special conditioners mixed just for her. There are places that do that. I will see if I can find the links for some after I get back from work.

Mixing up a nice conditioner just for her would be incredible!! Thank you so much, I am looking forward to those links :)

How about some deep conditioners? They'd go well with the heat cap a previous poster mentioned. I know it's not hair-related, but some bubble bath would be nice too :)

I am passing on the recipe and ingredients for SMT to her and I am on the look out for a good DT. I think biolage should be a good one. :)

A variety of essential oils would be a good idea for they have many uses.
It's a lovely idea of yours to get a hair goody basket together for her.

Thank you. Where can I get some nice EOs?:)

HappyHair87
October 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM
I don't know if you know about the Shescentit.com products...theres this DC called Banana Brulee and you can get it in 3 different scents...my favorite is the Banana Split scent and it smells like homemade Banana Pudding!!! So sweet! :crush:

JamieLeigh
October 12th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I'm sorry your sister has had a rough time of it. I hope there is much healing and happiness in her life to come. :flower:

I love my Suave Naturals coneless conditioners, but if she likes cones, I'd recommend either Aussie Moist or Garnier Fructisse. I used to love the smell of both of those, and they left my hair so soft. :)

GoddesJourney
October 12th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I would say a horn comb or a silk pillowcase.

Vrushali
October 13th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Thank you all for your great ideas and good wishes :flower:

Loviatar
October 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Just to say I have the GVP version of Biolage balm and it is amazing. I also use it as leave-in on damp hair, no icky sticky greasies or anything. It soaks right in.

Good wishes for your sister's recovery.

Vrushali
October 14th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Thank you Loviatar :flower:

Stephichan
October 14th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I don't know if this'll be weird, but if she's had problems with shedding, maybe a nice, big bottle of biotin? Sorry if that's an off-the-wall suggestion... I tend to have those.

Vrushali
October 15th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I don't know if this'll be weird, but if she's had problems with shedding, maybe a nice, big bottle of biotin? Sorry if that's an off-the-wall suggestion... I tend to have those.

She is already taking those along with some other things to stop shedding :)