PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone mixed shampoo and conditioner together to dilute their shampoo?

moonbeam
October 11th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I have tried CO method a few times but find that I need a bit more cleanser that conditioner provides. I have heard of people diluting shampoo with honey, but my hair hates honey.

I like to dilute my shampoo but I find that shampoo diluted with water is really hard to handle, it is too runny. I can't seem to find glycerine anywhere to thicken it. I have alot of "cleansing"condtioners I would like to use up, and I find that shampoo dries out my hair, so I was wondering if anyone has tried mixing shampoo and conditioner together before, and if it worked what mix was.
Thanks in advance :)

florenonite
October 11th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for this thread!

I used to do this, prior to switching to 'poo bars. I've recently switched back to conventional 'poo (at least part of the time), but completely forgot about mixing it with conditioner.

My ratio was two parts shampoo to one part light, 'cone-free conditioner. I found that I could actually go longer without washing my hair this way, and additionally my hair didn't get too dry or flyaway when I first washed it.

pradabacon
October 11th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Hmmm...good idea. I'm gonna try this. :)

Niftytiffs
October 11th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I've diluted shampoo with water before, you just have to work a little at a time in a small bottle and shake really well. That way it foams up slightly and thickens naturally. It might be worth trying that!

Tiffers

pradabacon
October 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM
^^^That's what I usually do. I have a tiny plastic squirt bottle and mix up a little at a time, then dump the suds onto my head.

82exoticbeauty
October 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I sometimes do that too! I just put some water to mix it!

moonbeam
October 11th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks for this thread!

I used to do this, prior to switching to 'poo bars. I've recently switched back to conventional 'poo (at least part of the time), but completely forgot about mixing it with conditioner.

My ratio was two parts shampoo to one part light, 'cone-free conditioner. I found that I could actually go longer without washing my hair this way, and additionally my hair didn't get too dry or flyaway when I first washed it.

Thanks, I will be trying that !

Arctic
October 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
It's called "COW" method :laugh: Well at least there is a C-COW-C method where shampoo is diluted with condish, there should be article here or the archived boards. BTW aloe vera gel is also a nice one to mix your shampoo with!

ETA: Here's the link (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=19783)!

moonbeam
October 11th, 2009, 06:32 PM
It's called "COW" method :laugh:
There is a C-COW-C method where shampoo is diluted with condish, there should be article here or the archived boards. BTW aloe vera gel is also a nice one to mix your shampoo with!

Thanks! I will try the aloe very gel next time I buy some too.

Redheaded Raven
October 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Yes the cow or cwc (condition-wash-condition) are great ways to get your hair cleaner without drying it out. I use them alot. :agree:

WritingPrincess
October 11th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Also known as "moo shampoo". I hope it works for you. I tried it a few times and didn't really notice much difference.