PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring my hair backfired

myotislucifugus
October 11th, 2009, 08:17 AM
So, I've been busy all weekend working on my new place (my landlady is letting me move some stuff in earlier than the agreed official move in date) and I knew my hair would be in the way. Plus, I'm freaking out a bit, and when I do, my hair can become an extra worry that I don't need.

So, I put it in a crown braid for work on friday. Actually, it was the nicest crown braid I've ever done. I was proud. And I left it there until about an hour ago. I took it down.

It is a manky snarly mess I can't even get a comb through an inch from my scalp. And to make matters worse, I have hell's version of braid waves... all skinny clingy and tangly.

It feels like rubber cement in my hair.

I'm gonna try to comb through in sections, and if it doesn't work, I'll take another shower and load up on conditioner.

Bleagh!:o

Speckla
October 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Try spraying your hair with a little bit of water, add some conditioner and start combing the ends and then the middle and then the roots. I like braids but hate taking them down. I always have tangled hard to comb hair.

GoddesJourney
October 11th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Taking out a crown braid is definately an art. I too found this out the hard way. You have to undo it slowly and separate the stuff you have in your hand ONLY. Undo another section, separate it out. Next section...