PDA

View Full Version : My Very First Hair-Related Compliment

xkmx
October 11th, 2009, 07:23 AM
So after months of growing my hair long (between APL and BSL), not flat-ironing, handling gently, and growing out chemical dye... I received my first hair compliment! :D:D:D

It came from my mother's neighbor who saw my hair down while I was "kid-sitting" my two younger brothers. I usually secure it up, and that day I had it in a bun with bobby pins... Unfortunately, my bun could not survive me trying to seperate 10 twelve year old boys brawling during an evil game of "cops and robbers". When she came over she told me how beautiful my hair was and how pretty it looked because of the color. She thought it was cool how my hair was reddish-brown (henna) on top and faded in to black on the bottom (old "semi"permanent dye). Then she proceeded to play with my hair and exclaim "WOW! You have ALOT of hair, huh? I would kill for your hair!"

I didn't explain to her it only looks good when I've kept it constrained for the day, otherwise I still get really bad triangle head...

I never got compliments like that when I was ruining my hair... So LHC has done a lot of good for me. Thank you guys!:cheese:

emmebean
October 11th, 2009, 07:43 AM
congratulations!!!

GoddesJourney
October 11th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I'm glad you're feeling the fruits of your labor.

patience
October 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Congratulations on your first compliment.
I'm sure there will be many more to come.
:cheese:

pineapple pea
October 11th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Yay for you and your hair!