PDA

View Full Version : What about this?

maaria
October 11th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Before I found LHC I used to go to a website called "lockig.se" because I live in sweden and that was the first intreseting website I found for my hair after I have decided to take care of it! I was in there today and surfed around a bit and found
http://www.splitender.com/, what do you think about this??
I didnt feel so comfortable, before my eyes I saw my hair disappear in that machine:scissors: and I have promised my self never cut my hair again!!
What opinion do you have of this "thing"?

Hiriel
October 11th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Well, I'm sceptical by nature, it looks a bit like a "we solve all your problems right now!!" TV shop product. But, well, if it works, it would be awesome :)

maaria
October 11th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Ok, nice to hear your opinion:p

GlassEyes
October 11th, 2009, 07:47 AM
That looks like it'd take my curly hair and shred it to bits. :D

But if it worked, that'd be kinda cool.

No excuses
October 11th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I saw it some time ago and only thought that came to my mind was that if this was so wonderful, every hairdresser would use it... So for me it doesn't seem plausible that it may be better than a regular trim with normal scissors :)

By the way - this is my first post, hello everyone :D

GoddesJourney
October 11th, 2009, 09:54 AM
It's a great idea, but by the looks of the diagram, it seems it would actually be very similar to razor cutting your hair. The rotating blade thing looks like it would cut your hair at an angle.

mbaker223
October 11th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I had one and I LOVED IT! It NEVER cut off too much as long as you didn't go over the same hair over and over again.

Sadly it broke after a year and I never replaced it. I have been wanting to get another one for some time now. And to relieve some fears, it doesn't hurt your hair as long as you go slow and your hair is detangled prior to using it.

ladycatpurrs
October 11th, 2009, 11:35 AM
It looks interesting but I was laughing my hiney off at the girl on the video giving herself a trim and making it look like it was both excruciating and difficult to do so. She looked like my kid when he needs a nap.:)