PDA

View Full Version : buying a wig

redneckprincess
October 11th, 2009, 06:37 AM
How is it done, where are the best (cheepest) wigs found. I have bought wigs before on e-bay but when I got it it didnt look real. I am thinking about purchasing one (more if there good and look real) but I dont know where to look Any help would be appricated. I dont necessarly want one super long I would like a short one and maybe a BSL one would be nice.

BlackfootHair
October 11th, 2009, 06:48 AM
See if there is a store in your area that caters to the African American community. I have a store nearby that's like Sally Beauty Suppy, only geared toward black people. They have all kinds of products, and tons of wigs.

Also scan your yellowpages. That's how I found a nice wig shop in Providence. They were owned by an Asian family and their prices were VERY reasonable. I bought a waist length human hair wig for around $120. Might seem like a large amount, but the wig had a skin top scalp, and lots of hair.

pdy2kn6
October 11th, 2009, 07:06 AM
the full front full lace wigs look good, apparently they give a really natural appearance because the lace netting thing blends into you skin ( and sorta sticks the wig on to yo skin -not hair) which gives the appearance of naturally growing out of your head. I'de say check them out, but I think them ones are quite pricey. I would ask an expert (like the previous poster said, for example in a wig/hair extension shop) where they can tell you all your need to know and perhaps let you try them on to see which you like best...look forward to hopefully seeing pics

Bellalalala
October 11th, 2009, 12:46 PM
http://www.sunnyshair.com/

This place comes highly recommended by a number of my high-end African-American hairstylist friends.

E-mail them and they will be super duper helpful.

Magdalene
October 11th, 2009, 12:55 PM
What do you want the wig for? Is this for everyday wear or for a costume?

on Ebay I've had goodluck with wildcat wigs- but I'm using them for theatrical purposes

redneckprincess
October 11th, 2009, 03:34 PM
What do you want the wig for? Is this for everyday wear or for a costume?

on Ebay I've had goodluck with wildcat wigs- but I'm using them for theatrical purposes

to wear (out in public) when Im having a bad hair day or when I want a length or color change (for the day)

Pegasus Marsters
October 11th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I got a good one from Wigstylist on eBay. I really recommend them. Their prices are fantastic.

Lex87
October 29th, 2009, 12:28 PM
If you are looking for something realistic I would recommend full lace wigs (http://www.undetectablewigz.com), they are the best! I've gotten mine from a site called undetectablewigz.com. If your looking for cheap though, I would say try ebay.

Good Luck!
Lexy