PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a wig?

Natalia
October 11th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Just placed a bid on my first wig. It closes in an hour so i will have to check in the morning if i got it. It just something fun to experiment with, i have a tiny bit of spare cash right now so whats $20 for a little fun? Its a hand tied japanese synthetic with a microfillament top so who knows how that will go.

Im just sick of my roots and trying to make it look decent till i get around to experimetning with cassia (which i will be ordering soon) so this might be nice. Its drastic black bob longer in the front with side swept bangs (ive been missing my bangs but refuse to cut...) pretty darn near my ideal short style. If it looks reasonable i will be excited to wear it out and be totally unrecognizable :D! If not then hey i have a great party "costume" right?

Just thought id share, no one else would get this. Ive had at least BSL hair for a long time, like over 10 years long time! I dont want to cut i want to be longer but the only time ive had hair anywhere near as short as the wig was when i was 5 and i cant even remember what that felt like so it will be nice for me. If anyone knows the need for the freedom of shorter hair on occasion its us lol.

Thanks for tuning in for my late night rambles,
Natalia

Speckla
October 11th, 2009, 12:38 PM
It sounds like a fun, inexpensive way to get a different 'do without cutting. Good for you. Post pictures when it arrives. :D

Redheaded Raven
October 11th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Hope you got your wig :), And yes wigs are so much fun,
I have 3 myself :)

Fractalsofhair
October 12th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Congrats! You do need something to cheer you up after all you've been going thru, so I hope the wig does it! I'm sure it will look awesome!

levelek
October 13th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I did that recently too - got a white choppy bob-type wig (I have hip length brown hair :D). I look hilarious in it, but it's definitely different! Hope you have lots of fun with yours.

Natalia
October 19th, 2009, 12:34 AM
It sounds like a fun, inexpensive way to get a different 'do without cutting. Good for you. Post pictures when it arrives. :D

Thank you! Will do :). Im pulling out the old paper mache skills to make myself a wig stand lol.

Hope you got your wig :), And yes wigs are so much fun,
I have 3 myself

Oh fun RedHeadedRaven! Yes i did win im so excited, thought it will take almost a month to get here :(. Thats ok i can be patient, i only told one person about the wig besides you all so it will be a fun suprise. Do you have any pics of your wigs on here?

Congrats! You do need something to cheer you up after all you've been going thru, so I hope the wig does it! I'm sure it will look awesome!

Thanks Fractalsofhair :grouphug: Your such a sweetie :D! A drastic change like this always seems to brighten my outlook. When i first dyes my blonde hair i did a deep auburn then moved to a brown black a few months later the thrill of those color changes lasted something like 6 months lol. I still get a little thrill of my grow out color just becasue i feel it suits me so much better than my natural. This wig will be fun becasue i get short and jet black! Hope your doing well :) take care <3

I did that recently too - got a white choppy bob-type wig (I have hip length brown hair :D). I look hilarious in it, but it's definitely different! Hope you have lots of fun with yours.

Wow now that is a punch! That must be a kick to wear out :) if this wig works out well im thinking of getting a burgandy red curly one. Stright red doesnt look good on me but maybe with the texture and the burgandy it would look nice. Im basically going for anything that looks nothing like i ever have so that would do it :). Heck maybe i'll get a bleach blonde one someday. Thanks for the reply i think i will have great fun!

Natalia
October 28th, 2009, 09:47 PM
My wig has arrived! I was so thrilled as well as a bit shocked lol. The bangs need some wetting and working becasue of the way it was packed but other than that it looks absurdly real for fake hair. The one thing im a little dissapointed about is that it is far shorter on me than it was on the foam head in the picture. And i know i have an odd shaped head but with it being that much shorter it seriously made me feel fat?!?!?!? Am i screwed becasue a wig made me feel fat? Lol well reguardless once i get a wig cap and get the adjusters to the right size i will have alot of fun with it :). I cant post the pic i saved anymore becasue of the little reminder on the homepage despite the fact i dont think the pic actually came from the seller to begin with :rolleyes: and the sale has ended so i will try to find a way to get a pic up once i find something to stand the wig on. Thanks for letting me get all chatty, i get excited over silly things :p.

clairenewcastle
October 28th, 2009, 09:52 PM
The wig sounds like it could be a lot of fun to wear - looking forward to seeing the pictures!