PDA

View Full Version : Rag curls (pic)

SandyStar
October 11th, 2009, 12:46 AM
I tried rag curls today. I wrote about it in my blog. My hair curls really easily. I only wore the rags for a couple of hours and my hair was still damp when I took them out.

Anyone else have pictures of their rag curls? :D

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu236/Denebie/dsc02638resized.jpg

little_acorn
October 11th, 2009, 12:51 AM
I've never done these but I love yours :D

SandyStar
October 11th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Thanks :) I like them. It is a nice change for my hair and isn't damaging like a curling iron. I actually like rag curls better than curling iron curls. I find it takes less time to do the rags. I just roll them and wait.

I am definitely doing rag curls again. Today was just an experiment. I didn't do the rags very well and some parts pulled at my hair and it was a bit uncomfortable so I decided to take them out prematurely without sleeping on them, but surprisingly they turned out pretty well even after 2 hours.

Dachsdragon
October 11th, 2009, 04:41 AM
Wow thats really pretty!

Aer
October 11th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I haven't done this but it's very pretty. I've seen results from rope curlers and they're cool too.

embee
October 11th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Pretty. :) My hair doesn't take curl, doesn't keep curl. It's hardly worth doing. Bummer.

Isa-belle
October 11th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Stunning, shiny hair and curls! :)

redneckprincess
October 11th, 2009, 06:34 AM
BEAUTIFUL!! I couldnt get mine to look so nice, but you make it look easy

hmmm
October 11th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I can't wait to try these when my hair gets longer! I just love yours!

vanity_acefake
October 15th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Wow your hair looks so pretty. Will have to try to do this. You have lovely hair.

amoulixes
October 15th, 2009, 05:41 PM
These are fantastic, your hair is beautiful! I think I'll try this :D

JCFantasy23
October 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
That is very pretty. I use the ones from Walgreens as a type of rag curl but mine a lot of times end up choppy, if that is the right word. I need to experiment with ways of curling.

plainjanegirl
October 15th, 2009, 05:52 PM
When I tried rag curls they didn't turn out to good. I had better luck with pin curls, but they take so long.

Does anybody know if you can use perm rods to curl hair overnight....like a wet set?

Rivanariko
October 15th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Beautiful! I've been wanting to try rag curls, I think this will be more motivation to do so!

melrose1985
October 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Wow that's great, very pretty!

jojo
October 15th, 2009, 07:03 PM
How thick is your hair? did you pinch some of my thickness? your hair looks great with the curls.

klcqtee
October 16th, 2009, 12:14 AM
When I tried rag curls they didn't turn out to good. I had better luck with pin curls, but they take so long.

Does anybody know if you can use perm rods to curl hair overnight....like a wet set?

My pin curls don't take too long, only about 20 or 30 minutes, but in my hair, it's worth it. It lasts 2 or 3 days for me, if I sleep on them.

SandyStar
October 16th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Aw, thanks everyone, I put in rag curls again yesterday, this time instead of putting them in for 2 hours, I slept with them on. My hair got a little too curly this time. I think 2 or 3 hours is good for me. My hair curls really easily. I find it gets wavy just from putting it up in a bun, even while dry. I have some latent waves in my hair.

SandyStar
October 16th, 2009, 01:04 AM
My hair is of normal thickness, my pony tail is 9 cm in circumference.

missjessiecakes
October 16th, 2009, 05:14 AM
You have such beautiful hair. :crush::agape:I am very jealous and the curls look amazing

CaityBear
October 16th, 2009, 08:32 AM
My hair doesn't curl easily so I do mine overnight with damp hair. The first time I did them they turned out great. And so far I haven't been able to get them to turn out like that again. They were dry the first time. And now the last two times when I wake up, my hair is still damp. :( But the first time they turned out really good.

Here's my picture from the first time. :)
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/CaityBear06/CopyofIMG_2732.jpg

JamieLeigh
October 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Those look very lovely!! :flower:

LaurelSpring
October 16th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Rag curls have always been a disaster for me. Maybe I dont do it right. I end up with a kinky frizzy mess. Does anyone have a good video tutorial?

xxaimsxx
October 16th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I cant my hair is short so when it's curled tight it looks very short.
I've never tried rags only curling tongs agessss ago!
It looks great. Your hairs so shiny!
Im jealous lol.
:)

SandyStar
October 16th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Your curls are beautiful! Maybe you left in the rags for too long? The second time I did mine, my hair was very curly and messy, with the curls going every which way and the ends not curling right. I left mine on for a long time, probably 12 hours or more. Next time I will only leave them on for 3 hours. My hair in the picture was still a bit damp too. I don't mind them a bit damp.

My hair doesn't curl easily so I do mine overnight with damp hair. The first time I did them they turned out great. And so far I haven't been able to get them to turn out like that again. They were dry the first time. And now the last two times when I wake up, my hair is still damp. :( But the first time they turned out really good.

Here's my picture from the first time. :)
http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/CaityBear06/CopyofIMG_2732.jpg

jasper
October 16th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Rag curls have always been a disaster for me. Maybe I dont do it right. I end up with a kinky frizzy mess. Does anyone have a good video tutorial?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=82
Here is a good article here on how to get s-waves and it is basically rag curls.