PDA

View Full Version : TOO soft?

motormuffin
October 10th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Can your hair be too soft? I love it and hate it. It feels so nice but it won't stay up. What do you to yours when this happens?

GoddesJourney
October 11th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Suffer. ;) Honestly, I know how you feel. Nice hair just doesn't stay up, thick or thin. Working out in other than a braid is terrible unless I want to use thousands of bobby pins, which I hate and won't do. I've been trying to come up with dependable updos myself. I have these big U-shaped metal hair pins with some kind of grip coating that makes them stay fairly well as long as I'm not working out. They're about 4 inches long and I think I found them at Kmart.

HotRag
October 11th, 2009, 02:22 AM
My hair stys up if I put oil in it. Slightly over oil it so to say.

But, the longer my hair gets, the less "too soft" matters in updos. I guess I have enough hair left to secure with after making the bun.

eadwine
October 11th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Mist the hell out of that sucker and THEN put it up. That is what I do. :)

Be careful of course when it is damp.

Brighe
October 11th, 2009, 03:22 AM
My hair also gets too soft everytime I wash it...
It´s so fluffy and soft, not even a braid stays as it should :? .
And when it starts to feel nice and stays in updos i have to wash it again because near my scalp it´s greasy.

ChloeDharma
October 11th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Oiling and misting before putting it up both work for me, otherwise if it's freshley washed and dried it just slips out all over the place.

Aditi
October 11th, 2009, 03:34 AM
I wish i had your problem, my hair becomes soft after washing or henna but not too soft that they are hard to style, i think oiling is the best way to make your style stay.

alys
October 11th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I'm with Aditi - I WISH I had that problem :)

emmebean
October 11th, 2009, 07:47 AM
my hair has finally hit my shoulders, and I can't do anything with it, it's way too soft too stay up too.

motormuffin
October 11th, 2009, 12:35 PM
You know, I think its the oil...I started adding castor to my oil mixture. I usually put it up wet after I wash it but once it dries it gets all slinky. Maybe I won't add so much.

katydid317
October 11th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I was totally having the same problem and then I tried the oil and damp suggestions! Part of my issue though right now is length, but still I almost feel ridiculous about how happy I am that I can put my hair up with a hair stick and it STAYS! I had to wash yesterday so after it was dry I oiled the length and got it a bit damp before I put it up and it worked pretty well. I did have to redo my bun a couple times but that's better than it not staying up at all. Today is even better. Not to mention how awesome my hair looked when I took it down before bed last night!

aisling
October 11th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Using a Ficcare is my solution :) Of course, this is less of a problem at this length but a Ficcare is really reliable anyway.

rchorr
October 12th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah, it happens even to wavy/curly hair. Mine does MUCH better in up-dos when it's "dirty." LOL! 2nd or 3rd day after washing, which non-longhairs think is dirty.

RCHORR'

Olivia23
October 12th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I'm having that problem lately also. My hair used to never slip out of my three pronged hair fork, but now I'm constantly having to re-adjust it at work because it keeps slipping out! I'm not doing anything different to my hair either. Of course I have been noticing when I comb my wavy hair with my giant comb, it's not as slippery, but if I brush it with my Tangle Teaser it makes it very soft and slippery even if it's just been washed so it's not the oils I put in my hair.

Aer
October 12th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I don't like it when my hair is too soft, I like it when its a little coarser, it feels thicker to me that way, and I feel like myself.

Dars
October 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I don't think my hair is TOO soft but usually when it's all soft it's just been washed so I love to leave it down for the day.

Ash
October 12th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I usually do a damp braid or two but I prefer to leave it loose. It is a bit of a pain though not being able to keep a bun in without buttloads of pins.

clairenewcastle
October 12th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I love it when my hair is soft...for me there's never a time when it's too soft, only when it's not soft enough.

Arniky
October 12th, 2009, 11:02 PM
just leave it down or have a pinned bun

JamieLeigh
October 14th, 2009, 10:50 AM
When it's too soft and slippery for an updo, I wear it down and ENJOY my soft day. :D

Amara
October 14th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Leaving it down for a few hours works for me. It collects dust I think. :) Then it stays up!

Arctic
October 14th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I used to have soft slippery hair, but it has changed a lot in recent years, and I miss my soft, nice hair alot :( I wish I had your problem.