PDA

View Full Version : End of scalp treatment, and heavy oiling...

Little_Bird
October 10th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Hey there everyone :waving:

Tomorrow will be my last wash of my scalp treatment (last one of 12 in a month :eek:) and I'm quite excited. I will be then proceed to wash my hair once a week again and will be using a soothing shampoo that came with the treatment shampoo.

My dandruff (or seborreah) as vanished and my scalp seems to be very clean now. I hope these results will last long now! I don't think it had a toll on my hair because I wore it on a cap when washing with the shampoo all the time during the treatment. However, tomorrow I'm gonna do it normally, letting it rinse trough the lenght too.

So, to end up on a high note, I am doing a heavy oiling overnight tonight. I have my hair now fully covered with a ton of olive oil :D:D:D
I used an entire coffee cup of olive oil on my lenght, so it looks like it is wet, but no, it's oil hehe... I hope it will bring me great results and make my hair more elastic (as so I heard) and tame the frizzy ends I've had for a while now (texture fight, oh well...)

Anyways, thank's so much for everyone who helped me and suported me in the last month with my treatment. It sure went by fast!

:flowers:

friskybiznus
October 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Gotta love those olive oil soaks and walking around smelling like a salad! LOL! Glad you had good results on your oiling. I get the scalp problems, too, sometimes, so I know it can be miserable. Here's hoping for long-lasting results! :)

ericthegreat
October 10th, 2009, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your scalp condition Little Bird. Hopefully this treatment you have done will be able to help correct your itchiness and excess flaking of your scalp.

I too have used olive oil as a intensive pre-shampoo treatment. It has worked beautifully on my hair, but now I have since moved on to Ojon nut oil, I find the nut oil to be the most magical experience for my hair. You could also of course try coconut oil if you haven't already, my hair really likes anything tropical and I'm sure it would work very well for you as well.

Iylivarae
October 11th, 2009, 02:11 AM
As I have seborrheic dermatitis, too: what kind of treatment was that?

Little_Bird
October 11th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Hey, thank's for the replies!

Iylivarae, let me go get the shampoo bottle (runs to the bathroom)...

Back! So, the shampoo is from VICHY. It came with a free bottle of a frequent use dermo soothing shampoo, which I am going to use next, but only once a week.
The treatment shampoo is anti-dandruff, and nourishing (according to the lable). My mother got it for me in the pharmacy, telling the doctor I had seborreah and lots of flakyness... On the back it says:
"With Selenium DS + Cohesyl tm". I had to use it 3 times a week for 4 weeks. It's not very foamy and is like orange colored. It has a strong medical scent I think... But it's bearable :p I'm not sure if the shampoo has cones or sulphates, but the dermo soothing one that came with it has sodium laureth sulphat. As soon as I finish using it, I will try to go sulphate free, searching for shampoos in herbal stores. I had a teacher who once told my class she used to had seborreah and it went away when she gave up on sulphates.

I wish you the best luck and hope I helped :flower: Remember tough, that seborreah is cronical, so our best shot is to keep it cool and fight it up! And I've learnt that nerves and stress play the biggest role on this, at least for me.

So good luck girl!!! :blossom:

And Eric, thank's for your suggestions! My hair is air drying now after I washed out the oil, and I'll see out it feels. I remember almond oil was very heavy too, so it's an option as well. Coconut I never tried, because I can't find it where I buy my oils, but I'd like to!

Iylivarae
October 11th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I think that coconut oil is mostly similar to coconut fat you can buy in grocery stores, at least I've heard people using that.

Thank you for your help, Little Bird!

I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis a year ago and my doctor prescribed a medical shampoo. It helps if I get strong build-up and itching, but it doesn't quite help with increased greasiness and the hair loss I am experiencing, so I am always looking for other options...

Shiva
October 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Best of wishes with your hair regimen, Little Bird.

:flower:

Loviatar
October 11th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I can't get over how amazing your hair looks in your signature, Little Bird. :D I mean, it was always good, but now, it's like WOW.

I like olive oil too, I mix it with castor for a thickening treatment, havent been using it regularly though so I can't report on results yet.

I also love avocado oil but it's very heavy.

I have to say I also find that a conditioner-only wash (silicone free) will get oil out much easier than a shampoo wash. Your hair may be different, obviously, especially as you have seborreah as you said, but if I've heavy-oiled, conditioner works better at removing oil for me.