PDA

View Full Version : Hair Care Party

RubyRose
October 10th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I am thinking about hosting one for my friends, kind of like a tuberware party. lol.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about activities or favors or anything else for one. This is what I have:

Activities
-Hair masks
-Playing with a book that I have explaining how to do different french braids

Favors
-a pack of ponytailers without metal connectors
-A fun headband
-assorted hair ribbons
-silk pillowcases ( if these come in sets? )
-A hair care fact sheet glued to a magnet to put on bathroom/vanity mirror

apynip
October 10th, 2009, 05:58 PM
awe that sounds like lots of fun. dont ofrget food and beverages. ;)
other activities... hm. oh! maybe a game like at baby showers they take yarn and try to match the circumferance of the mommie to be's tummy well maybe do that with each others hair. like draw a name and ech person has to try to guess the length.

and other favors. maybe some take home packets of hair mask they sell for fairly cheep. or maybe some shampoo samples? they sell them in the travel section at some stores.

have fun!

friskybiznus
October 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM
that sounds like a really fun idea!

RubyRose
October 10th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks ladies : ).
Those are some really good ideas!
I was thinking for snacks, maybe something that's healthy for hair? something with nuts or maybe lttle tuna finger sandwiches or something?

windinherhair
October 10th, 2009, 08:34 PM
What a fun idea!! I want to come! :D My first idea was doing the different leave in treatments but I see you have that covered with the hair masks.

Maybe you could have a story telling part where everyone has to draw a question which would be hair related of course. For example, What is your most embarrassing hair moment? What is your biggest hair regret? What is your favorite updo?
You could have one of those cheese and meat trays. :cheese: Some party mix with dried fruit and nuts would be good to munch on too.

Indigo Girl
October 10th, 2009, 08:39 PM
This sounds like fun! How about a hair bingo game? You could make the cards hair related, with small prizes for the winners (trial shampoos, hair masks, etc). :D

GoddesJourney
October 11th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I would say to invite everyone to teach their favorite updo or braid. Maybe each person can find a hair buddy who has a similar hair type and discuss their favorite thing and most challenging thing about it.

Debra83
October 11th, 2009, 01:21 AM
That does sound like fun!!! How about one of those games where you put assorted hair items in a satin pillowcase and people have a certain time limit to "feel" the five (or however many items in there) items and guess what they are. Prizes of course! Also, get a hair term with lots of letters, like "The Long Hair Community", and set a time limit, and people write down all the words they can make using those letters (3 letter word minimum). Then there's the game where you blindfold a person, give them a soup label, and have them fish from a pot some hair items like ouchless elastics, or foam curlers, and transfer them to a bowl. Each person has the same time limit, and the one with the most transfers at the end wins a prize!!!! I want to come too!!!!

Liluri
October 11th, 2009, 02:35 AM
How to make a sock bun. Buy a couple of pairs of socks and teach people how to make them and show them how to use them?

ericthegreat
October 11th, 2009, 02:57 AM
RubyRose you so have to invite me over one of these days! There are so many different updo styles here that I want to have done on me! It could be like a grown up sleepover, we'd play Truth or Dare and then we'd each share intimate stories about the first time we kissed, all sorts of racy stories and who we're going out with now or if we enjoy being single. Ohh and I would definitely agree on the food as well, but I'm thinking more heartier foods like we could grill some hot dogs or chicken cutlets on the grill and then we could add the buttered corn and someone else could do the mashed potatoes. Ohh wow this really is a great idea! :magic:

RubyRose
October 11th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I sooo would invite all of ya gals if I had room!!! : )

jacqueline101
April 20th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Sounds fun I'd add a product swap. Try different products.