PDA

View Full Version : Fake fringe/bangs

missbexy
October 10th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Ok, I'm doing a cosplay thing with some friends in a couple of weeks and the character I plan to go as has the right length blonde hair so it's not too much hassle since i'm doing the whole costume in little time. The problem is that she has a fringe and I don't. So I really need to find a way to fake the, buy some cheap clip in ones preferably. I searched the boards for clip in ones but didn't find much to help me in my hunt for a cheap set.
Can anyone help me out?

ladycatpurrs
October 10th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I found a pretty good fringe on Ebay, you might try there.

missbexy
October 10th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Thanks. I'm not too sure anything will arrive before I need it but I have no idea where else to try.

Speckla
October 10th, 2009, 06:06 AM
You can go to any beauty supply store that sells hair pieces and buy fake bangs or buy a track of hair and cut it to the length and width you need and use bobbypins to secure it into place.

missbexy
October 10th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Thanks, althought I have no idea where to a shop selling extensions is in this city, I'll take a look in the week.

Speckla
October 10th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Thanks, althought I have no idea where to a shop selling extensions is in this city, I'll take a look in the week.

Have you looked in the phonebook under hair or wigs? Maybe you can go to google and do a search "hair supply in (your city and state).

katha
October 10th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Is there a claire's where you live? They sell extensions.
Otherwise maybe try and "fold" your hair fringe-like?

Fencai
October 10th, 2009, 08:52 AM
if you can get a pack of track hair, then you can make fringe.
Just cut to the appropriate width and length and then sew wig clips to the track and use those to clip to your hair. Simply place a headband over the track and voila'!

Newniepg
October 10th, 2009, 09:14 AM
What kind of fringe is it? If it is a side swept fringe I think I read a tutorial on-line a while ago on how to fake a fringe. I seem to recall it involves clever partings of hair and bobby pins.

If it is a straight fringe then I am afraid I am no help at all and just have to wish you the best of luck. :)

missbexy
October 12th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Thank you all for the suggestions, i'll be going for a hunt around town sometime this week. I'll let you all know the results.

julliams
October 12th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Isn't there a hairstyle you can do where you take your own hair and kind of fold it so that it makes fake bangs and pin it in place? I think I saw something like this on youtube.

Juliette

Loviatar
October 12th, 2009, 06:14 AM
I got mine from www.perfectfacecosmeticsuk.com - they have various styles and colours, will match your own colour (I think) and also do a Bettie Page style fringe ( :cheer: )

Hope that helps - yay UK sites :)

missbexy
October 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM
OK got one off e-bay for £2.50. Attacked it with some scissors to get it to the right length, need to attack it with straightners since it sticks out a bit at the front.http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/Bippin/Picture0907.jpg