PDA

View Full Version : Found Method that makes my hair shine like a Pantene commercial!

shortgoinglong
October 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM
LOL, well, maybe not that much, but my blonde hair doesn't shine easily! I am really new to all this pampering the hair business. ;) When I was a longhair before I was a wash and go girl. This lady at my church has the most beautiful, shiny long blonde hair. I asked her what her secret was and she said lots of conditioning. She told me that she washes around three times per week and always does it when she has extra time on her hands. She said she gently washes her scalp with a good shampoo and rings out the extra water after rinsing. She said she then applies a good rich conditioner until it is coated and puts it under a plastic Wal-Mart sack. She said she then puts a turbie towel over top and goes about her business for around an hour. She then rinses with cool water and that's it. Well, I had some spare time today so I tried it. I washed my hair with V05 Strawberries and Cream Shampoo and then used Aussie Moist Deeeep 3 Minute Miracle. I surfed online for an hour and rinsed. My Goodness! My hair has never felt so soft and shiny! It made me feel good. If I have to have short hair for now, it will be shiny, healthy short hair! :cheese:

marikamt
October 9th, 2009, 06:14 PM
You should try SMT (Snowymoons moisture treatment)... similar premise, w/ a few added yummies... leave it on as long as you can stand and your hair will be amazing!!!!! There is a thread on here somewhere.... I will find it and post a link for you.....

here it is...http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

MirandaWelch
October 9th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I bought the ingredients for an SMT treatment today and I'm excited to try it out tomorrow!

marikamt
October 9th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I bought the ingredients for an SMT treatment today and I'm excited to try it out tomorrow!

not to hijack this thread, but your hair is gorgeous!!!!!

MirandaWelch
October 9th, 2009, 06:29 PM
not to hijack this thread, but your hair is gorgeous!!!!!
:D Thanks! :smooch:

halo_tightens
October 9th, 2009, 06:32 PM
SMTs are just about the greatest thing ever, lol. I agree-- if you liked what happened when you used straight conditioner, you gotta see what happens with this stuff! :D

shortgoinglong
October 9th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks a lot for the help. I will try a SMT. As I said I am new to all this. My hair was probably shocked by the conditioning!:D