PDA

View Full Version : What is your goal length and why?

mbaker223
October 9th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I personally want to make it to waist. And there are a couple of reasons, the main one is that my hair has never been that long before, so I'd love to see what it would look like. And secondly I want to be able to do a LONG brain in my hair instead of a short fat one.

So what are your reasons for your goal length?

Stephichan
October 9th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I want make it to waist or hip, just because to me, that's when hair starts to really feel long and also because there is something aesthetically pleasing to me about those lengths. Also, I want a long braid (or braids) that I can wrap around my head.

going gray
October 9th, 2009, 02:45 PM
My goal is BSL I need to have enough hair to wear those gorgeous updos. I've never grown my hair that long.

apynip
October 9th, 2009, 02:48 PM
my goal is a lil past classic for me (60 inches) why? to show that i have the patience(sp?) to grow it and i'd love to do updo's that most couldnt. Also a really nerdy reason is for a character bit at the renaissance festival i work at (granted i may be working at 2-3 in college :D)

will i keep it? maybe. will i reach it? hopefully yes. :cheese:

friskybiznus
October 9th, 2009, 02:49 PM
My goal is tailbone length. I've never had it that long before - I always seem to mutilate it just about the time it's really long and I have to start over! I can't wait for it to grow longer - I just think I will really enjoy it. Another reason: hairtoys!

Belisarius
October 9th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I want classic, if i'm growing my hair i want to go all the way. Although i estimate it will take at least five years.

little_acorn
October 9th, 2009, 02:50 PM
My initial goal is waist (I've got a 2-3 inches to go) but I'm thinking hip now.....

Amara
October 9th, 2009, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=mbaker223;802401]I want to be able to do a LONG brain in my hairQUOTE]

Great for Halloween!

(I laugh because I make typos ALL THE TIME, please take no offence :flowers:)

My goal is classic. I think it's what I've been shooting for since I got here, really, I just allowed myself the freedom to reevaluate at each intermediary goal. I want classic length hair because it's longer than I could have EVER imagined having hair before, and I know no one with that length. :)

Aunteater
October 9th, 2009, 02:56 PM
My original goal was waist, which was the longest I ever grew it, before I buzzed it all off. Now that I've reached waist again... I've revised the goal to tailbone. I love seeing other women with hair that length, and I'd love to get there. When I reach TBL, maybe I will revise to classic... depends on what condition it's in at that point, I suspect.

Mutinous
October 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I'm maintaining at APL for a while until all of my hair dye is gone (though I may grow out to BSL and maintain there), but after that, who knows? I'm tempted by waist I have to say! As for why? I just have always loved long hair. Always. And I love having it!

Feng-Shui
October 9th, 2009, 03:06 PM
My goal is knee length.
I saw Sophie Marceau in Braveheart and since this time wish myself I this hair.

I love also the hair of Cinnamon_Hair.

This length appears to me perfect.:)

wahmof9
October 9th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I wanted waist...now I am thinking hip!:)

whiteisle
October 9th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I think I'd like to go for waist for my first big goal. It's never been that long before ~ I think it would be neat! My short-term goal is bsl. I'm trying despartly to make it there without chopping. I feel if I can make it there I won't be tempted to cut again.

I saw a girl today in Target with hair to her waist. I elbowed DH and told him that's what I wanted. Cute little fella that he is he said, "why don't you go talk hair with her?" :rolleyes: Ah, can't live with 'em..........:p

natorade
October 9th, 2009, 04:37 PM
My goal length right now is chin length. After that I don't know. I think I will just grow and see what happens.

Dars
October 9th, 2009, 04:56 PM
My goal is front BSL, dry with no layers. When I wear my hair down I like to wear it in the front so it doesn't make sense to me to have a goal length from behind where I can't see it. It's just a length I've always loved and envied when I saw on other girls. That's why under my avatar it says BSL+ because my hair will be longer by back measurements.

HairyCarrie
October 9th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Waist here as well. I'm on my last round of letting my hair grow long and I want it to be as long as it can be. Once I hit waist I'll reevaluate and see if longer is in the cards. But waist is the goal for now.

LittleOrca
October 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM
My goal is floor. I think it looks beautiful, and it should only take me 11 more years to grow out my dye and reach floor length. :)

marikamt
October 9th, 2009, 05:37 PM
waist.... I think it is really pretty at that length and I have not had it that long since i was little.... also, I think it will still be "manageable" for me since I do like to wear it down at times......
I will re-evaluate when I get there.... about 4 inches to go, but then I have some layers to grow out while I maintain.......

patience
October 9th, 2009, 05:47 PM
As long as it will grow. :)
Plus be dye free. Because that is what I like. :D I really don't have any great reasons why.

shortgoinglong
October 9th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I am torn. In a way, I want BSL as I think it looks classy on a woman. In another way I want hip length as I think it is stunning. I guess I will decided later.

pepperminttea
October 9th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Originally I was going for just above waist, but now I'm less than a year's growth away from that, I'm thinking tailbone (40" on me) would be quite lovely... we'll see! :)

As for why, well. I just enjoy having long hair is the main reason, but also because I love being able to put it away, and get it out again, you know? Short hair's such a fiddle to do anything with.

GoddesJourney
October 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I personally believe that women look the most beautiful with hair between BSL and TB, so we'll call it waist as an average. My goal is waist but I might go for TB once I have it. It will be awhile since I'm still trimming off damage even though I cut back to APL.

gnegirl
October 9th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I want to get to my waist, long enough to wear a decent braid :)

Peter
October 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Right now it's waist length, because I want to be able to wear it down. Once I get there maybe I'll go longer, or maybe I'll cut back a bit.

fluffybunny
October 9th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Terminal, because I want to see what that is for me. I've never been past waist before.

Stubborn
October 10th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Waist all one length curly hair.

gibsongirl71
October 10th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Waist, then maybe classic. I will see how I enjoy growing it to my waist first. Right now I will be happy to get to BSL. Grow, dammit, grow!!!!!!:D

Lohari
October 10th, 2009, 12:40 AM
My goal is terminal, or knee lenght+. I'm pretty sure my hair will not grow that long, so I'm saying terminal ^.^ Why? Because I love the look of massive buns and long braids. I like wearing my hair up, so "too long to wear down" is not an issue for me.

Loreley
October 10th, 2009, 12:43 AM
When I was a child I always dreamed of thigh length hair. My hair always was long but never that long. Usually it was tailbone length and I decided last year to grow it and try to protect it from damage. So my goal is thigh length, a bit above knee. I still would love that length! :rolling:

julliams
October 10th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Waist for me. I have been that length a couple of times in my life but I always wore it straight so I'm interested to see how it looks wavy. I guess that means I have to grow it slightly longer than waist for it to look waist.

Juliette

katha
October 10th, 2009, 02:29 AM
I'd like my hair to grow to waist or hip-lenght. I'm not sure about that yet... I think hip-lenght may be a lot of effort to keep it looking nice, but then again, maybe I'll find it's worth it or not too bad anyway, so my plan is to go down to waist-lenght, see if it puts me off my feet and if it doesn't, grow further. :)

Centifolia
October 10th, 2009, 03:13 AM
Tailbone lenght. I'd love to have the longer hair I think I can wear down often.

Brighe
October 10th, 2009, 03:30 AM
My goal is classic length because it´s very rare (here at least :wink: ) and it sounds... good.
And of course becaus there a very much beautiful updos you need long hair for :) .

Nyghtingale
October 10th, 2009, 10:20 AM
I wanted waist, then I got there and wanted hip, then I got there and wanted tailbone, then I got there and wanted classic, then I got there and now I want knee....almost there :D

MirandaWelch
October 10th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I didn't have a goal until I joined here and felt left out not having one :P I'm happy with the length it is (BSL) but don't have any desire to cut it, so I'll go for waist just to see what it's like.

goddesslynne
October 10th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I think I'd be thrilled with waist length!! At this time I can't see myself stopping with the dying, so I'm reading here for tips and ideas for keeping my hair is as good a condition as possible! For now, I've got my eye on BSL.

metalgypsy85
October 10th, 2009, 11:11 AM
My goal is ultimately either hip or tailbone.

Speckla
October 10th, 2009, 11:12 AM
hip - because i like it.

viking_quest
October 10th, 2009, 11:14 AM
My goal is fingertip with thick ends, if that doesn't happen then I'll be maintaining at tailbone. My goal changes constantly so the only ones I take seriously are goal milestones, like my next stop is full BSL, not just brushing the top of my bra strap.

Lamb
October 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM
My dream-goal is waist. My reasonable goal is BSL (if I ever make it there, I swear I'll dance a jig in the middle of the street).

thunderlilies
October 10th, 2009, 01:12 PM
My first goal is classic, but since I'm almost there, I've added the new goal of knee length - because I can :P And because I've never reached it before, I think it'd be fun to try!

BeatlesFanGirl
October 10th, 2009, 01:14 PM
First goal is waist... Can't wait to get there. I'll try to grow to tailbone if I can.

BritishBraider
October 10th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I just want to grow it as long as possible, enough for people to really go wow..... :)

Little_Bird
October 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
My goal is classic lenght, which is almost 7 inches longer than what I have now... I hope I'll get there.

When I started my goal was shoulders, then it went to bsl and then to knees... Then I rethought it and I do want classic, becaue for me it is a turning lenght, for me it's the turning point between longe hair, and extremely long hair... and I want to be just there :) I love waist lenght hair too tough, and TB as well!

masterofmidgets
October 10th, 2009, 05:41 PM
My goal length is classic. I like the way it looks on other people on the board, and it's the first length that seems properly long to me. And I guess I'm a bit of a romantic, since I like the idea of having hair like a fairy-tale character, or a pre-Raphaelite painting.

Once I get to classic length I may change my mind and go longer or shorter though. ;)

LoversLullaby
October 10th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I want my hair to be at waist length. It's never been that long before, and I want to be able to do more things with my hair.

Nicole.Amina
October 10th, 2009, 06:43 PM
My goal is as long as it can get before I get annoyed with it and cut it a little shorter (but still keep it long nonetheless) =] Why? Just because. lol

lillithnight
October 10th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I was thinking of waist, but now that i think about i would love classic. I want to get to classic in the area near my nape and ears then maintain it to grow out my natural layers.

Luckysock
October 10th, 2009, 07:25 PM
updos! and my waves are pretty sad, some part of me hopes that they will take on more definition as my hair gets to waist - although I doubt it, as the weight will probably weigh them down. oh well I can dream!

RavennaNight
October 10th, 2009, 07:46 PM
37"

http://www.google.com/m/url?cd=1&client=safari&ct=res&ei=bDfRSvDdGqipgAeahtOEAw&hl=en&oe=UTF-8&oi=video_result&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D94wGn dbOIPk&resnum=1&sa=X&usg=AFQjCNHy0K0TgEhDP43Pjuk8y4W1RXueOQ

Clerks. I love this movie.

going gray
October 10th, 2009, 09:39 PM
My first goal, since it's SO short now, would be shoulder & all one length. My dream goal is BSL provided it looks good & is healthy.

IStand4u
October 10th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Well my goal was 26 inches, but I will be there within a month or so with wet hair... soo... I'm changing it to waist when dry! Oh and healthy ends :) I want waist hair at least for grad, so that I can do something amazing with it, everyone in my class wants that long of hair but needs extensions to reach but I wont. :) And I love the really long hair one girls especially girls with curly hair, it looks AMAZING and romantic... yeah... just me though!

Pburgh56
October 11th, 2009, 06:28 AM
My goal is waist :) I have never had long hair before but it has always been a dream of mine to have long beautiful flowing hair. I may let it get longer than waist who knows but I just want to be able to put it in a super long braid and feel it brush against the lowest parts of my back :)

BlackfootHair
October 11th, 2009, 07:02 AM
My first goal is BSL, as a mini goal, but I would love waist length, which is 35 inches on me. I used to have hair almost that long when I was little, and think it would be nice. I might grow longer after getting there, but I think longer than that might be too long for me. But by the time I'm waist, longer probably wouldn't be that much more work since I'd be used to it. :)

moonbeam
October 11th, 2009, 07:04 AM
My goal is classic, but hip would be nice too. It depends on the condition of my hair when it is that long. I may maintain for a while when I get to hip before growing to classic.

paintedmuse
October 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I want it waist or hip length. I'm not sure yet. I'm sure that waist would be a very flattering length for me, but is it long enough? If it isn't, I'll grow to hip and see which one I like better :)

renarok
October 11th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I think I would like to stop at tailbone. I am close, but I wont really be happy until I have fewer layers. I will just keep trimming the ends and hopefully with some TLC the layers will catch up.

jacqueline101
April 20th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I want to make it to tailbone length.

Sharysa
April 20th, 2013, 06:15 PM
My goal length is waist at minimum and classic at the longest. It's partly because I've never had really long hair and I'm REALLY liking it so far, partly because waist+ length hair is going to get me REALLY noticed as an actor, and partly because I want to screw with everyone who says that short people (I'm five feet tall) shouldn't have long hair.

earthnut
April 20th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Right now I'm barely brushing waist when I pull it straight, and I have layers as short as APL.

My current goal is solid waist length wurls, and layers long enough to make a nice braid, but short enough to be able to wear my hair down.

After I reach that, I may go for terminal, depending on how I feel. ;)

Wanderlust
April 20th, 2013, 07:38 PM
My goal is elbow-length because my boyfriend says that is the length he would most like me to have. :)

sparrowswing
April 20th, 2013, 07:43 PM
My goal length is knee. It should take about 2 years to reach (based on my usual growth, assuming I don't hit terminal before then), which is a reasonable long-term goal for me and means I don't have to mess with it for the foreseeable future. If I decide my hair is too long before I get there, that's fine; I may just maintain at classic if that happens. If I like knee length, I'll maintain there for a while and thicken up the ends. I doubt I'll grow beyond that, but who knows.

long&blonde
April 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Classic.
I've never been that long before.
To get there, sit on it once.
Now I'm thinking, then trim back,
With nice ends,
To tailbone.
Where I am now.
The grass is always greener.
Lol.

Neneka
April 20th, 2013, 11:11 PM
BSL because I wan't to wear my hair down without too much of a hassle and I wan't to use pretty hair toys.

HadessThera
April 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM
My initial goal is waist and from there I will see how I feel about hip, I want it this long for many reasons but also because waist is the longest my hair has ever been before and I think it's a beautiful length that is "officially" long without being too much for me to manage, I'm worried about growing any longer than hip because I'm the kind of person to sit on my own hair and then lean forward and scalp myself accidentally :lol: but hey, maybe once I get to my goal length I'll be less ditzy and decide to keep growing :)

lydiajo
April 21st, 2013, 10:14 AM
Classic but that is just a guess. I'll see when I get there. LOL

arjay.d
April 21st, 2013, 10:36 PM
My goal at the moment is classic, mostly because I think it's pretty and it's somewhat unique (IRL). I have a feeling, though, that after I get there I'll just keep growing it. Who knows how long I'll let it get.

emilia83
April 21st, 2013, 10:54 PM
Terminal! I want to see how long it gets. I'm not even at BSL yet, so it's hard to imagine what it'll be like at waist, or (hopefully someday) classic. I want to be able to play with it, and I'd like to see how long my genes let my hair grow.

MaryO
April 22nd, 2013, 02:03 AM
My goal is waist. Maybe when I get there I'll adjust my goal to longer, who knows! ;-)

I think I want waist because it seems quite long but sort of manageable long. Might be my own crazy idea and not the truth!

eampstudent
April 22nd, 2013, 04:10 AM
My goal is waist or tailbone, I think that will probably be terminal for me because I have very fine hair. I stopped cutting my hair after reading that article about hair being a sensory organ. I don't know if it is true or not, but I definitely meditate better with my hair down and study better with it up, there is something about my hair that connects me to my surroundings in a very visceral way that I enjoy. I also like the idea of being a medicine woman with two long braids, it just seems other-worldly and natural that a healer would have long hair.

MrsGuther
April 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
My next goal is classic, which is just about 4 inches away. I would eventually like to hit knee length with a full hemline. We shall see if I can do it! :) My hair grows at a steady rate of 2/3 an inch per month.

Alienor
April 22nd, 2013, 01:40 PM
My first goal is classic but after that I want let it grow as long as possible. I want to see how long it could be.

chen bao jun
April 22nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Looking great, I bet you'll make it.

chen bao jun
April 22nd, 2013, 02:12 PM
My goal is terminal. I am hoping that is at least bra strap with curls. (Currently, I'm about 1 inch away when stretched, but with curls I barely look shoulder length now). Ideally, I would love classic hair(which would probably be waist, or even less on me, considering my 3C curls). My grandmother had classic length hair and I would like to be like her but I fear I am too old to manage that now and that maybe I don't have the genetics (actually, I really doubt that I do). However, in the almost 11 months I have been on LHC my hair condition has gotten so much better that I'd be happy I joined if I just stayed where I am. Happily, however, my hair is definitely growing.

alexis917
April 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
My short term goal is waist, but after that, I think I'd be happy with hip!
ETA: didn't mention why!
I just like long hair on me...it feels feminine, it feels like an achievement.
To say that I cared enough about something, and took such good care of it...

Sarahlabyrinth
April 22nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
My main goal is waist, but I'm toying with the idea of growing to Classic, as my grandmother had classic hair and it would be nice to carry on the tradition...

gossamer
April 22nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Terminal, and why not? I'm curious to see how long it will grow. :)

christine1989
April 22nd, 2013, 08:50 PM
My goal is/was waist. I grew it from a bob to waist+, got bored with long hair, cut it to a bob again and am now going for waist a second time around. :)

anitacs9101
April 22nd, 2013, 11:07 PM
Not really sure...my original goal was waist, and when I reached that I changed to hip, and now I'm an inch or two away from hip and I've changed it to tailbone :Pp

I think I look 10,000x better with my hair down, so when it comes to a point where I can't do that anymore, I might stop there. But then again I have trouble doing that now :p

ladylowtide
April 23rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
My hair goal is TBL with no trims. Then wack it back to hip with a nice blunt hem. Trim and maintain till virgin. I originally wanted classic length hair, but as my just hit waist i am beginning to understand how different the care requirements are. I definietly want to get to TBL to say I did it. But I think I would never would want it long enough that i couldn't just where it down whenever.

TheLadyKM
April 23rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
Hip length. I had my hair hip length when i was 8. But now I want it back. For me hair below waist actually give the 'feel' of having long hair.

CastaDiva
April 23rd, 2013, 12:42 PM
My initial goal was possibly knee, but I think I have changed my goal to terminal.

It would be interesting to see how long my hair can get and how it looks and feels.

TheVegan6
October 2nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
My goal is terminal, if it's before floor length or at it, because I'd like to see what it is. Calf length would be nice.

Naima
October 3rd, 2013, 12:18 AM
My goal is hip for now, but if it may get longer then I don't mind) The longest I've had before is waist, it was in school

Rio040113
October 3rd, 2013, 12:32 AM
My goal (for now) is to be just brushing BCL! I've been toying with going for Classic lately though and I'd be lying if I said I'm not ridiculously curious as to what my terminal length is... Hmmm...

inanna
October 3rd, 2013, 02:44 AM
My goal is waist length hair, if and when I get there I'll probably maintain that length for a while and see if I want to go longer. From reading this forum I know I probably will!

I don't think I'd like my hair to be longer than classic length, simply because I do want to wear it down every now and then. For some reason I have the impression that haircare becomes a lot more time-consuming and complicated once you go past classic. I had BCL hair when I was a kid and don't remember it being much of a hassle so I think that might be a good "ultimate goal".

When I started growing out my dyed pixie cut I never thought I'd have the patience to reach virgin hair past BSL, so I'm very impressed with myself already. I had long hair as a kid and have had BSLish hair for most of my adult life, so having long hair feels normal. I like braiding and bunning more than styling short hair, and I think with my hairtype and thickness reaching waist will be a sweet spot of being able to do a lot of different styles without too much difficulty.

Stray_mind
October 3rd, 2013, 03:11 AM
My goal is waist, but since i'm at SL now, i'll have to reach a few mini-goals. It's more fun this way and it'll give me something to feel hapy about. My first mini-goal is APL :)

MaryO
October 3rd, 2013, 04:13 AM
I am aiming for waist length. :-) Reason? Mmmmm, not sure exactly why there, I suppose I feel like it's long and attainable whereas longer feels like it might never actually happen...

Stray_mind
October 3rd, 2013, 05:28 AM
Now that i think of it, i think i'd go for hip lenght aswell. I hope that MBL isn't my terminal.

Federica
October 3rd, 2013, 06:06 AM
My goal is classic. I've been there before then I damaged everything, so I started out to regrow.
But when I get there who knows? It depends on how I feel my hair. I always felt like I don't have short hair, but still not long, no matter what lenght I had. So we'll see... I'm a couple of inches past WL and my goal for now is TBL in one year.

Gaelle27
October 3rd, 2013, 06:42 AM
HUm... tricky question.... I'd like to have tailbone hair, but I'd also like to reach terminal... I'm curious to see how far my hair could grow!

Agnes Hannah
October 3rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Mmm started off at waist but since joining LHC maybe TB.........

Misschilly
October 3rd, 2013, 12:33 PM
My first goal is waist (I'm like 1 inch away=)) Then I guess I'll just continue, I always were my hair up anyway and love doing updos=) It's a intresting thought to see how long it could be! I'm pretty new to LHC so maybe I get a real goal later on..

ositarosita
October 3rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Originally mine was waist.. then that seemed a little short and there was only a few inch difference between waist and hip so I was aiming for hip ... I told my DH I was aiming for hip and he said "no here" he has requested tailbone... So I am currently at collarbone on my way to Tailbone ... I just wanna be a mermaid

0xalis
October 5th, 2013, 12:39 AM
My original goal was waist because that's the longest my hair has ever been before and I really want my childhood hair back. Then, despite the fact that genetics may not be on my side, I changed my goal to hip. The first time I met a girl with hip length hair, my jaw hit the floor. It was amazing. I wanted it. Since then I have not stopped thinking about how lovely that length looks. Screw being realistic, if I wanted realistic I'd aim for BSL! [which I am very much looking forward to :D]

Right now though, I really want to just get PAST APL. I'm not even there yet but APL is the longest my hair has been in a long time. I really want to beat that. It's so difficult with all the shrinkage my waves cause. So lucky I'm not a 3 or 4 type! :lol:

norsbaby85
October 5th, 2013, 12:56 AM
I would love to have waist length hair again. I had it back in my younger years in school but I had fairy tail ends and then I went through a phase of really short hair and multiple hair dye colors in my early 20s and since I got pregnant with my daughter at 25 I have been longing for long hair and its finally getting there again at my current age 28. It has been a battle with all the damage of dying and straightening throughout the years.

GoldFrappe
October 9th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Hip length. Long enough to let it loose and long enough to do pretty buns and braids.

Sakuracha
October 9th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Terminal length. I'm really hoping my terminal length is to the floor and beyond. I have lots of reasons why but a big reason is simply that I want it.

Heni
October 10th, 2013, 04:14 AM
When I started lurking ( june, this year ) my goal length was waist. Then I changed it to hip, and now thinking about just try out classic once. lol. My hair is bsl+ now, it is around the longest hair I had in my whole life, so I'm hoping for longer lengths! :) Hope I can grow it that long!

Bagginslover
October 10th, 2013, 04:41 AM
When I joined here, I was already BSL, and I thought my goal was waist. Turned out that what I though or as waist was actually hip (which being a hobby seamstress I should have known!), and I've made it, just about. During that time though, I've become enamoured with longer and longer lengths, and I'm know eyeing thigh to knee length as my eventual goal. I have no idea if I can grow that long of course, so I'm just aiming for all the milestones in between ;)

As for why, I don't really know why, but why not?!

twirls
October 10th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Mid back! (But it's going to take forever.... :( )

hannabiss
October 10th, 2013, 07:44 AM
False terminal...I say false because I will have micro trims along the way. However I don't plan to go past my ankles. Why??? Because it just seems like what I'd to do I guess. I'm not one who particularly gets attached to hair.

WilfredAllen
October 10th, 2013, 10:08 AM
False terminal...I say false because I will have micro trims along the way. However I don't plan to go past my ankles. Why??? Because it just seems like what I'd to do I guess. I'm not one who particularly gets attached to hair.

I think this might be my goal. Well, my goal is APL and bangs grown past shoulder right now, but after that I think I'll just let it go wherever it's going

Emanuelle
October 10th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mid thigh when wet, classic when dry. I just think that length is beautiful, magical and gorgeous. I reaaaaally want to have my hair that long, have wanted it for ages! :)

MoominPaige
October 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I'd love to reach waist with all virgin hair but that could take years so first I'm aiming for waist with Virgin roots and dyed ends and then I'll maintain there but for now I just want to get to ALP!

Grow god dammit!!!

TearsInRain
October 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM
My current goal length is waist because that's the longest I had it before when I decided to grow it out. I regret now that I cut it all off and experimented with it so much. Gotta put it behind me now!

I have to get to shoulder and beyond and get all this mangled bleached hair cut out.

After waist my goal will probably just change to longer and longer until I accidentally strangle myself in my sleep with it.

Lady of Autumn
October 10th, 2013, 02:31 PM
My initial goal was mid-back, but now I'm thinking classic. I've never had long hair and I just want to see if I can do it (plus I really want to do braids and buns).

Selchie
October 10th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Classic. :eek:

DweamGoiL
October 10th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Used to have tail bone length, but it got cumbersome for me. My individual strands are fine, but I have a lot of hair so it becomes very heavy as it grows. I am happy at mid back length for now. I had it layered recently to make it less heavy and I really like having my hair this long, but with some movement.

Leery
October 10th, 2013, 11:17 PM
As long as it'll grow while still looking decent at the ends. I dream of ankle length... but I'll settle for anything below tailbone.

noludoru
October 11th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Officially - none. Unofficially, I want tailbone or mid-back.

MidnightSunlite
October 11th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Goal length for me would be mid thigh or knee length, because I love long hair and plus I'll get to more elaborate hairstyle that you get to see in movies with the actress have to use extensions and what not.

Marika
October 11th, 2013, 12:52 AM
I think my goal length is classic or maybe mid thigh. I've had TBL hair and I know I want longer!:p I'm a little bit worried though because my hair has gotten really thin and stringy. I trimmed almost an inch off yesterday but it didn't help that much. (I hadn't had a trim for 1 year 4 months).

hellucy
October 12th, 2013, 10:14 AM
My goals aren't so much length based at the moment as date based.
I set myself a target of my 35th birthday (Feb '14) to grow my hair as long as possible with minimum trims only when really necessary, I also stopped dying my hair so come next Feb I may chop off all the dye in one go (or I may just trim to maintain length and get rid of dye a bit at a time).
At the moment my hair is just a touch past BSL so hopefully I can get to waist by my target date.

DreamWalker
October 12th, 2013, 09:27 PM
My goal is knee length. Or as long as I can grow it while maintaining a blunt cut, just for giggles, but knee is what I really want to reach. Mostly because I love my hair, I love having it long, and because I just think it'd be really cool have hair brushing my knees :) And maybe because my hair is one of the only things I'm really proud of about the way I look.

RainbowBowser
October 12th, 2013, 10:53 PM
My goal is Waist. I just want to prove it to myself more than anything.

Shibe
October 13th, 2013, 01:16 AM
My goal is probably terminal.

I love amazingly long hair and love how it looks up or in braids. Sailor Moon may have caused it as a child.

ladyfey
October 13th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Loved Sailor Moon! My goal was ankle and I will keep it trimmed to that now that I am there. The reason for ankle length, well, I kept it at knee for a long time and have had it at knee before and chopped it. I took it down from its bun one evening and saw that it was almost mid-calf, so I trimmed back to knee. Happened again sometime later and I thought, well if it wants to go past knee then heck, I may as well go for ankle! I don't want it past ankle because I don't want it dragging in the bathtub when I shower.

FuzzyBlackWaves
October 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Just below the hip, because I think it looks cool and unusual.

Coolcombination
October 13th, 2013, 03:41 PM
At the moment hip with a possible extension to BCL

makeminea99
October 13th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I wanted waist, then I got there and wanted hip, then I got there and wanted tailbone, then I got there and wanted classic, then I got there and now I want knee....almost there :D

I hear you! I've been thinking tailbone for ages, but now that it's in the forseeable future for me, I'm now wondering how classic might look . . . in some ways it's good that hair grows slowly, isn't it? You get time to adapt to your length! :D

sourgrl
October 13th, 2013, 04:00 PM
For now, mid-back, but I'm open to waist. How long I go will depend on how my hair makes me feel at those mini goals.

thirstylocks
October 13th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Waist <3 I love long hair, and waist length hair is sexy. I don't think I could be able to care for longer hair.

Also I have a beauty mark on my back around my waist and it would look cute for my hair to be brushing against it!

Saldana
October 13th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I had thought waist-length, because I really enjoyed my hair at that length - it was long enough to do the updos I like, but hadn't yet started getting in my way (like it seemed to do at TBL). However, now I'm thinking 'why cut it at all, once the layers are trimmed out? Just let it grow and see what terminal is."

So.....that's my plan, at the moment. :)

beautifulending
October 14th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Hip or maybe tailbone. I want hip because my hair has never been longer then BSL and I think its a beautiful length.

BrownEyedBeauty
October 14th, 2013, 05:27 PM
My current new goal is tailbone length because I had my hair at this length once before and would like to experience it again. My ends are thick enough to handle that length nicely.

SereneCurls
October 22nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
I'd like to grow to waist when curly, because I used to have waist-length hair years ago. The bottom few inches were so unhealthy that it really doesn't count though, so I'm curious to see what healthy waist-length curls will be like.

Mustang Suzy
October 22nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
My goal is waist. I haven't had long hair since high school and would love to be a long gray haired lady.

HintOfMint
October 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
My goal is now classic because it's different and, frankly, I'm a bit over my original goal of looking "conventionally attractive."

Zindell
October 26th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Somewhere at midback. That'll look long and nice on me since I'm a shortie. I also love to wear my hair down easily so that's another reason not to go further than midback for me. :)

chellis
October 30th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Fingertip, because the longest I've had it is classic (22 years ago), and I was inspired by a cafe owner with fingetip-length hair. Yes her real name was Rapunzel ;)

ShieldMayden
October 30th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Classic. Because the longest I've done is hip length and didn't take care of it so I had to chop it off - I want to beat that.
Plus I feel like it's just so incredibly pretty!

queenofheartz44
October 30th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Right now to BSL, main goal is to waist and depending on how that goes perhaps hip/tailbone. That sounds so far away right now so waist or even BSL sound less daunting. I've always wanted long hair but silly me I kept cutting it off right round this point (in between APL and BSL) out of frustration and boredom. I usually reverted back to a chin length bob which I loved so the fact that it's this long (still) is huge for me! :o

Arciela
October 30th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Terminal :)

askan
October 30th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I'd love to get to waist one day. I'm a little past collar bone length right now so it will be a loong journey. I'm just starting - having finally cut off most of my old damage that has prevented me from growing it longer. I was somewhere past BSL a few years ago and that was ME, having shorter hair has just felt like a long waiting, I don't feel comfortable in it...

Why waist? Hmm, it's very impressive to have healty hair at that lenght. I wanna be able to do cool updos. Also I made a bet with an old friend, years ago, that sometime I will reach her length and she still has waistlength gorgeous hair. It would be cool to actually make that happen, as we don't see each other very often.

verenikiscoma
October 31st, 2013, 06:37 AM
I want waist, it just looks so elegant. My sister had waist length hair when she was younger but I was always told it wouldn't suit me by relatives so I think this is because I decided my hair length is my choice and it shouldn't be influenced by others' opinion. As long as it is healthy it should be no one else's concern.

Luna2442
October 31st, 2013, 09:28 AM
Waist length is perfect for me! i dont really like long long hair on me because it drags my face down so waist length is like not too long but long enough to be considered really long:)

duchess67
October 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM
My goal is waist without any tapering. Wonder how long it would take with microtrims. Anyway, hope to reach my goal sometime next year. Presently I'm at BSL.

Marbid
October 31st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Ankle length. But if term comes first. Then terminal. (right before the fairy tailing thing because I don't really fancy fairy tails)

Why? Hmmmm. Because I would love to have ultra long hair for all the reasons ultra long hair is cool and for all the reasons it would be annoying. Heh. I would not mind getting my hair out of a door handle (don't think I would mind being constantly aware of my hair to keep it away from door handles when it's down) But one never knows. That is for now. I have never had my hair at classic. So all these new things are just assumptions based on what I know of my own personality. Might change once I have hair long enough to get caught in door handles. :)

rose313
October 31st, 2013, 12:06 PM
My goal is tailbone because that's my favorite length on other people, I think it's so pretty. So that's what I want for myself as well.

Tail Feathers
October 31st, 2013, 01:14 PM
My first goal, when i joined, was mid-thigh. Now, however, I am eyeing mid-calf (if my hair makes it there before terminal, of course) or even beyond...
Why ? it is just somehow how I see myself. . .

me_random
October 31st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Terminal, because I want to see how long it gets :-) it's also awesome to have a built-in cape/scarf/etc for the colder tims of year (and be able to put it up for the warm times)

Almendra
October 31st, 2013, 07:14 PM
My first goal a year ago was waist, but now I'm close to waist and it feels still short. So my goal now is TBL. I think this will be long enough, and also, I don't see my self with my hair in the knees, I think it will be unconfortable and weird (don't misundertood me, I love see people with very very long hair, but is just not my style). But, who knows, maybe when the time is coming TBL still won't be long enough for me (in the past days I've thinking in change my goal to classic)

tetisheri72
October 31st, 2013, 07:22 PM
My current goal is classic, because I've always wanted hair I could sit on. I just never knew how to do anything with it before. Overall is knee or terminal, whichever comes first. Of course, I may hit knee and decide that I need to go further. My goal has kept changing since I started growing my hair.

Jennah
October 31st, 2013, 09:33 PM
I´d love to get to waist length! :o

But I think at this point I´d be happy with BSL since my hair never gets that long.

Why? Because I have curly hair, and all of my life I´ve been going to the hairdressers and they´ve always suggested that the way to cut it is with layers and bangs.

I feel like I´ve wasted the potential of my hair with ugly hairstyles that made my hair look unkempt and big.

So now I have been reading LHC and ready to jump onboard!

mariakatija
October 31st, 2013, 10:40 PM
My goal length in mid-thigh because I think long hair is super pretty! Maybe I'd go for the even longer lengths...

freesia
October 31st, 2013, 11:55 PM
Classic or terminal, whichever comes first :o because I've always wanted to have hair that long.
I was told as a teenager that my ends became extremely fragile when my length went past APL, so I wouldn't be able to grow it further.
Now in my early 30's :p I'd like to prove that a little extra care and micro-trimming go a long way.

maddog_running
November 1st, 2013, 12:27 AM
Hum, short term is waist. But really I'm waiting to see how long it might get this time!

sunflowersmiles
November 1st, 2013, 08:59 PM
I am lingering at waist right now. Everyone in my family keeps exclaiming over how long it is. Little do they know I am working on growing my hair at least to classic. My husband envisions me with mid thigh hair. We will see if I can stand it! I think it would be beautiful if I can manage it. Long hair is so beautiful. I have always seen myself as a long hair, so it is a natural step to take.

LauraLongLocks
November 1st, 2013, 09:54 PM
I want to have hair that is WOW long, because I'm vain and narcissistic. Hey, I can admit it, right? Ha ha! So, I'm thinking TBL is minimum. I would like to get to terminal or ankle length, just once in my life, so that I will know whether I can do that or not, but I don't think I will want to maintain it at that length. Right now I'm about 3" until I reach waist. I might stay at waist for a while to grow out the last few layers before I continue to grow.

MaryMarx
November 2nd, 2013, 02:18 AM
My goal when I joined here was WL. Now I'm starting to have romantic thoughts about hip length. Which is stupid because I have 2-3 years to go until WL, don't need to add another year to that right now!

TheVegan6
November 2nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
I'd like to get to terminal, to see what it is, but if it's longer than a couple of feet beyond floor length, I'll cut back to where it is manageable. If terminal is shorter than an unmanageable length, then I would cut back to where I like the hemline. I would really be disappointed if terminal is not knee or longer. I don't really know why I want terminal. I guess I just want to see it.

TheVegan6
November 2nd, 2013, 09:29 AM
When I reach floor, I might maintain though.

Snena
November 2nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
I would love to have classic length hair. Sweet dreams and fantasies... :(

melesine
November 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
I think my ultimate goal is classic. Right now I'm just above waist so my current goal is hip. But I'd love to get to classic.

SleepyTangles
November 2nd, 2013, 12:03 PM
My goal is probably terminal.

I love amazingly long hair and love how it looks up or in braids. Sailor Moon may have caused it as a child.

Sailor Moon and Rayearth are to blame for almost every single hair decision I make ;)! Along with Tolkien's books, of course...

ashke50
December 1st, 2013, 01:52 PM
When I started I was aiming for hip, cos that is how long it was when I was at school. Then I got there and that didn't seem so long, so I aimed for TBL. But I am past that now, and that doesn't seem so long either. My next goal is terminal, because what's the point of growing it all out and not knowing what the longest I can grow it to is, right? But depending where terminal is on me I may trim it back once I get to that point, if it starts getting in the way.

teenerz
December 1st, 2013, 02:08 PM
I think I want to get back to BSL (it was several inches past that when I cut it a few weeks ago). I think that length suits me, and much longer and I find my hair to get in the way too much for my liking. Now that I'm embracing my waviness, I would also like to see how my waves respond as it grows longer!

Leslieslsa
December 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I am at butt crack length but want it fingertip length. I want it longer than classic, but not to knee as I think that would be too much.

Lilybeany
December 6th, 2013, 01:58 PM
:confused:..oooh! I'm so undecided on a goal at present.When I recently joined I wanted tbl at least. Now that I've ditched my bleach and starting my Grombre..Gray/ bleach grow out lol, I will be happy to get anything past my waist which I have now. It will be a challenge as in the space of joining I am no longer "that blonde girl", but " blimmey you've got roots", AND,from next week I'm wearing glasses for first time ever. So big adjustments for me. As long as I stay bleach free,micro trim, any length is a bonus. When I can post pics I will. I need all the encouragement possible, as I sort of feel like I've lose my identity..odd..but I do.

JessicaAnn
December 6th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I need all the encouragement possible, as I sort of feel like I've lose my identity..odd..but I do.

I totally get that. My hair was past my waist when I cut it in October and had been at least BSL for the last five years. When I ended up with a cut just above my shoulders I didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't even want to wear my favorite clothes or hang out with my friends because I wasn't sure how I should look or act. It seems like a silly thing when I stop to think about it logically, but very rarely are feelings logical.

Tini'sNewHair
December 6th, 2013, 02:36 PM
When i joined LHC I was looking for haircare with the hope that I could also meet people here who wants and loves long hair... I was just passed APL but I knew i could get at waist because i have been at waist and TBL many times before but only once (as a child) i reached classic... I LOVED that length and I want to be there again. My hair wont feel long until i reach classic and beyond, i'm very sure of that, so thats my goal length but now im starting to want terminal length... will see :)

Laura-Anne
December 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM
When I first started growing my hair out, waist was my goal... Every marker I hit I then want longer hair! I am at hip when stretched and I am now thinking I want classic, or maybe even mid thigh. But we will see. My hair might even not be able to get that long... A girl can hope though, right? :)

koolkittychick
December 6th, 2013, 02:55 PM
At first I wanted to grow to WL, simply because none of the women in my family have been able to grow their hair that long. Now that I am approaching that length and should reach it sometime next year, my new goal is to see if I can attain classic length, because...fairy tail hair! And also I don't think I could handle caring for my type of hair (it is fine and very prone to breakage) at lengths longer than classic. This will probably be three to four years away, and my terminal length may not even be that long, if I look at my family's genetics, but I remain optimistic that I will get there, and rock the elf princess look before I switch it up and go for the African warrior princess look. ;)

Lilybeany
December 6th, 2013, 03:05 PM
:tHanks for reply. I'm glad it not just me then. It's just odd from going from always being blonde and no glasses, to growing out roots,dark,and grey,and wearing glasses all in the space of a month, add on I'm staring menopause, and wow, it's as if I'm suddenly all grown up.lol.Actually I'm rather excited about the specs as I rather like the fact that my look is so different.I do like to shock!:joy: