PDA

View Full Version : I was surprised, I have some waves!!!!!

mightymustang
October 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM
When I posted my last post about straight and frizzy hair, someone suggested I use some moisture to my hair and I may be surprised my hair isn't as straight as I thought.
Anyway, after shampooing and conditioning, I put in Giovanni direct leave in conditioner, turned head upside down and scrunched and to my amazement, I have some waves!!!
I need some advice on some curl enhancing products. I prefer no cones. Do I need to use a leave in conditioner as well as a curl enhancer? Is there a product that doubles as a leave in and curl enhancer? Please help. Thanks!!:o

jivete
October 9th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I use a leave-in conditioner and aloe vera gel. I was surprised to find waves too when I first started this hair journey. Moisture is the most important thing.

mightymustang
October 9th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I use a leave-in conditioner and aloe vera gel. I was surprised to find waves too when I first started this hair journey. Moisture is the most important thing.

Does the aloe vera gel make your hair sticky? What leave in do you use? Also any certain brand of aloe vera gel?Thanks

Bianca
October 9th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I get perfect curls/waves by using my regular conditioner as a leave in (garnier fructis triple nutrition - No cones) and biosilk rock hard gel. Its a hard hold gel, so your hair get a little stiff, but then you scrunch out the crunch when your hair is totally dry, leaving you with soft waves/curls :D

TheEndlessOcean
October 9th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I use my small amount of my regular conditioner (Suave Naturals) as a leave-in, then use LA Looks Sports Gel to get the curls to hold. Then when my hair is mostly dry I put in a bit of jojoba oil.