PDA

View Full Version : Debating changing my hemline

intothemist1999
April 20th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Adhering to the 2-week rule!

Right now I'm blunt, but I'm toying with a "U"/soft "V". Besides wondering how it'll look, I'm wondering how difficult the shorter sides will be to manage.

Mostly I wear ponies and half-ups, or a french twist, so I don't anticipate a problem with those. I rarely wear a bun, but I'm working on getting used to those. I could imagine a greater problem there, like with the hairs falling out of the bun (?)

If I let it grow well past my current goal of "waist", I might consider a very deep V.

eadwine
April 20th, 2008, 02:43 AM
I am actually toying with the very same thing here, but not just now but definitely when I start approaching waist. I like the U shape better.

I will be curious what the replies are going to be!

karenpetal
April 20th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I would say no V .... pls - I recently went for a V shape - agreed it looks good when let loose or in a ponytail - but I find it difficult to braid all he way down - I wear a lot of braids especially french braid and this makes it difficult -
Looking forward for other folks comments

lacereza
April 20th, 2008, 03:16 AM
I think a U or V looks much better in ponytails. I don't plait mine except at night, so that's not an issue for me at the moment. I am planning on making my deeeeeep V into a shallower U, so as it gets longer I'll be able to plait it and not have sticky out bits all over the place. I say change, but make it subtle!

tiny_teesha
April 20th, 2008, 06:32 AM
my advice....if oyu are using feyes method...try out the V methoc but tilt your head WAY back and only even out the hemn- dont cut the inside bits, cut the outter sides to meet with the inside...? Does that even make sence...
Then it will be more subtle and if you hate it you havent even trimmed an inch so you can just trim it out. I did a pretty deep V and i dont really like it- i am changing to a U. (slowly trimming it straight.

intothemist1999
April 20th, 2008, 12:38 PM
..try out the V methoc but tilt your head WAY back and only even out the hemn- dont cut the inside bits, cut the outter sides to meet with the inside...? Does that even make sence....

Sure does! Thanks for that tip, I wouldn't want to lose any more length than necessary.

Irishred
April 20th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I have a very soft U. with my length it is hard to tell it is a U but it is. If you look at my photos, I have one that is a couple years ago and about BSL (blue shirt and sideways). I played with my hemline a lot at that length but always with a U. That may give you an idea of what it would look like. If you don't like it, you can always trim it out in a few months. Keeping it soft and NOT deep is much easier to deal with in changing either way.

HTH

Adrienne
April 21st, 2008, 06:50 PM
I have never been blunt!!! Blunt Chin length with shrinkage ( I am very curly!!) that is my hair dream!! who cares if I look like a triangle head! or a pyramid!!! this is MY dream!!!!

I have always had a V. as long as I can remember. I dont even know if blunt hair is possible for me! but I think that when I had my hair cut 3 years ago. to get the relaxer out. that my stylist cut it that way!! my dream is to grow my hair long. really long. past chin length with shrinkage ( my hair is short now. so that is considered long for me. lol!) then cut it BLUNT. back up to chin length!!!

dreams dreams dreams............................................ .................................................. ..............

icing
April 23rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
My hair naturally grows into a sharp v, with lots of uneven layers, but I maintain it at a soft v... however, I'm tempted to see how it would look if I softened it into a u, once it gets a bit longer.

It tends to look messy (I like to think of it as usually 'cute messy' in updos), but I've never had a blunt hemline, so I can't really tell how much this has to do with my lack of styling skills, versus hem shape. :P