PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please!

shortgoinglong
October 9th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Hello,
I hope everyone is doing well today. I have a question today. How long does it take to get to shoulder from pixie if your hair grows reasonably fast.

Gumball
October 9th, 2009, 10:52 AM
That really depends on the care you take of it, the exact growth rate, what you mean by "to shoulder from pixie" as whether it's the bottom-most layer or the top-most layer, and the distance between your nape and your shoulder line. Some might have longer necks than others. If it's the bottom layer I'd say a year or less easy for a decent growth rate. Could even be 3/4 of a year or less for some, too.

ETA: I totally forgot about texture. Curlier hair may seem like it takes longer to reach a certain length because it twists more as it grows, but you can see actual length by pulling a curl straight. Curly hair. It's a growth illusionist!

Arctic
October 9th, 2009, 10:56 AM
If you trim along the way it's always slower but looks better (in my opinion). I have slow growth and for me it would be about two years with trimming.

alys
October 9th, 2009, 11:12 AM
i keep a pixie almost always, then grow it long and once it's passed shoulders i cut it off and start over. and when i say pixie i mean pixie, longest part of it being 2 inches maybe. my hair grows pretty fast, specially here in the sub tropical weather. I can go from shirt pixie to shoulder length in about 13-16 months. About 5-6 months ago I went as short as I've ever cut in, and currently it's all grown past my ears and I'm shooting for shoulder length by about next spring. HTH..
i have some pics i wanted to show you but i cant figure out how to add them here.

friskybiznus
October 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
It took mine about a year. My hair grows pretty fast, though.

JamieRose
October 9th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Mine took about a year and a hlf... but that was with regular trims, and oh how I treated it horribly! If you treat it well and don't trim very often, I would say a solid year (or maybe a little less, depending on texture) is possible.

viking_quest
October 9th, 2009, 11:51 AM
It took me about 6 months but only a portion of my hair was at shoulder. I cut it all to chin and it took another 6 months to get back to shoulder, so about a year.

linda g
October 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Mine took 2+ years, but I did a lot of trims in the meantime. I hadn't really been intending to grow long hair at that point, so I had hair cuts in the interim. You can feel free to look at my hair growth album to get an idea.

redneckprincess
October 9th, 2009, 12:36 PM
took me about a year and a half but I cut off several inches last Feb.

Dreamernz
October 9th, 2009, 01:07 PM
About a year, I suggest maybe a month or two extra to include two good trims, but it's down to you really and what feels best :)

Kris Dove
October 9th, 2009, 02:27 PM
It took me just over a year, but I had some trims to tidy it up, and make the layers more even.

ETA- Here's a few photos to give you a better idea of timescale...

Had the pixie cut in May '05

September '05- http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/niceweirdo80/?action=view&current=short.jpg

March '06- http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/niceweirdo80/?action=view&current=lego.jpg

September '06- http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/niceweirdo80/?action=view&current=_thb_CIMG0029.jpg

HTH!

shortgoinglong
October 9th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Thanks everyone!
My hair is not a freshly cut pixie, more of a growing out sloppy pixie. LOL As my hair grows really fast maybe by next year I can hit shoulder. I am not going to trim, no matter how awful it looks. I'm going for it!

natorade
October 9th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Good luck growing it out. I have been growing mine out for almost 2 months. I am hoping for a chin length bob by bday in February if not sooner.

sally_neuf
October 9th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Took me 10 months, no trimming, and I have 1a hair.

It's not all at shoulder length, just the longest layers.
ie.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4046&pictureid=52257
I started from a 2' pixie in the back of the head.
good luck!!

Amara
October 9th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Estimating my growth, I would say 1 year!

smilinjenn71
October 9th, 2009, 04:51 PM
It's taken me a little over a year to get to shoulder from a true pixie. Feel free to look at my album. I did trim the mullet as I went b/c I couldn't stand it. I figured if I kept it in semi-decent shape I would be less likely to chop it all off again.:p

MOrab46019
October 9th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Good luck to all of you in your goals. The ones that have pics up your hair looks great. Again good luck with your hair growth goals.

Arniky
October 10th, 2009, 06:16 AM
hair could grow about 1/2, 3/4 or 1 inch/month so one can calcuate the time for particular length

funnybunny668
October 10th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I think I last cut mine in July, I'd need to go find my calendar to be sure, though. It's grown out more sinceI took my siggy pic, but I'm waiting 3 months to update that. Right now, the longest layers in the back are just beginning to turn up as they hit the curve of where neck meets shoulder. My hair is wavy, so it looks rather unkempt, but I'm doing this with no trimming for fastest growth. I'm hoping to be shoulder length by July, which would be a year of growing.

Bonny
October 10th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I guess it took me about a year:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=871&pictureid=24132

My hairstylist says my hair grows fast, but based on my growing-out roots in the past, it's the average 0.5 inches per month. :shrug: