PDA

View Full Version : Hair Styles For Almost Shoulder Length Hair

Wicket
October 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM
hello everyone, :cheese: I'm pretty much a newbie here. I join a while ago but was not active.

My hair is just about shoulder length and i need some updo ideas to protect it. I have just done ponytails for years and need something new, let alone that all the use of the ponytails has caused some breakage. I did look in the hairstyles artilces but my hair isn't long enough for most. Any Tip would be great.

akurah
October 9th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Learn to do a french twist. That was my daily style from shoulderlength to about BSL. Looks elegant and very protective.

Papillonnoir
October 9th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I think twin buns are really cute. Two pigtails made into cinnabuns, for example. I bet you could manage those at shoulder length, depending on how high you placed them.

Papillonnoir
October 9th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I forgot to mention half ups, which I love. They protect the canopy hair, which usually gets the most exposure.

klcqtee
October 9th, 2009, 09:27 PM
At shoulder length (I'm between collarbone and APL) I was able to do a cinnabun (it was skimpy, but worked), a sock bun with a child's sock (the tiny kind, and I just let my ends spike up, and coated them with CO, instead of tucking them like those with long hair do), funny pigtails, the Gibson tuck, twin french braids (they didn't have any length to them, but it kept it out of my face). I also came up with an updo that's a bit fancy, but quick to do in the morning:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GbXLBFyuo It takes me less than 10 minutes, and is quite protective of the hair. You can also do a cute crown braid (of course, you'll probably need hair pins for another month or two to keep it up), and a lace braid ( I used to do it as a head band, starting at one ear, then going to the other, about 2-3 inches from my hair line.) This protected the canopy (for the most part), and kept my hair out of my face.

You finally have option with your hair! Isn't this exciting?

You may not be able to do all of these, but I think you can. Your hair is pretty thin, so that means you'll require less length to do some things.

Tinose
October 9th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I'd go with French braids as an elegant hair style that works to keep even the annoying too-short hair mostly up. Dutch braids work for more casual settings, and you could experiment with variants for more fun. But then, I wear them almost daily so I'm biased :)

apynip
October 9th, 2009, 09:43 PM
double french braids.
half up half down.
sock bun.
gibson tuck. ( mines nearly shoulder and mine only takes a few hair pins and one amish pin.
um... try a few decritive braids going into a poney tail just for a lil flash.

:D happy styling!