PDA

View Full Version : Essential oils in non sulphate hair & body soaps

Sossity
April 20th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I am looking for an organic natural sulphate alternative for my hair & skin, but need something that will work with hard/alkaline & only cool water, when looking at the ingredients of some of the natural shampoos & body soaps, there are alot of oils & then there are essential oils, what is the difference between just oils & essential oils? is there a difference? under my circumstances would the natural hair soaps & body soaps with essential oils as well just oils work?

Sossity

nomadhome
April 25th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Sossity, I think this post is in the wrong forum. Not really a poll, right? But oils (coconut, olive, etc.) will help keep moisture in your hair, keep it smooth and soft, etc. Essential oils are quite different, they evaporate readily and are not used to retain moisture. They may be in these products for for fragrance or for some kind of medicinal value.

eva92watson
June 16th, 2014, 03:48 AM
yes, I agree with @nomadhome. This is not the right place to look for this answer. I think oils like coconut and almond sticks to your hair and do not easily go off in one wash.