PDA

View Full Version : I want to cry.

misspriss
April 20th, 2008, 12:16 AM
I was fussing around online being bored and looking at old pictures on photobucket. I found a collage of pictures I made to show hair color and send to someone, and it had the pic I have for my siggy in it. I can't believe I cut all that hair off! It makes me so sad.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/flamescheergirl/longhair2.jpg

The hair ends right before the word before, as in before I dyed my hair black. I have TONS more hairpics from my long hair days, but they are on my parent's computer at their house. *sigh* I'm just mad at myself for cutting it!

Shanarana
April 20th, 2008, 01:42 AM
:flower: Don't be sad hon....or mad at yourself for what you did. Your hair will grow back. Before you know it, it will be as long as you had it before. Hang in there, we are all in this together.

eadwine
April 20th, 2008, 02:05 AM
And you can baby it all the way back to long too! :)

jojo
April 20th, 2008, 07:11 AM
My hair was about the same length 2 years ago, so i understand your sadness but at least you know you can grow long. there are many who start off growing their hair and have no idea how long it will grow, we have that advantage.

At first (bearing in mind i only asked for a few inches to be cut off mine and they cropped it at the back without my permission) i was heart broken at my hair being cut but now its starting to feel long again, im quite glad i had it cut as my hair is all virgin and looks the best it ever has. I appreciate that theres more to growing hair than well just growing, you have to baby it which im sure you do. In a year or so you too im sure will be glad you started from fresh.

Hang in there, one good thing about hair is that it grows!

Hayat
April 20th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I understand you totally! My hair used to be BSL, but a little more than a month ago I cut it to chin length. This was because I was so tired of struggeling with damaged/dry/split ends etc.

A few days ago I was watching the pics on my mobile phone, and I saw a picture I took of my hair last summer. My hair was SO incredible soft, shiny and healthy! I can remember that day when I took the picture, because I was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom for at least an hour just to admire my hair...

Do not know what happened - but ever since my hair has been nothing but struggle. So I got it cut, and decided to start all over again.

So, there are more of us! Hang in there, it will grow back out!

:grouphug:

tiny_teesha
April 20th, 2008, 07:53 AM
yep. i did a big chop- very different. I stuck with my good long hair care routine until it was hip, until i dyed it, then i had to go backwards and keep chopping because it was horrible. At least you start of with short healthy hair from long healthy hair...i'm just working backwards at the moment and get the urge to chop it off very often!

Patrycja
April 20th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I know exactly how you feel.I hate looking at my wedding pics..if I didn't cut it-I know I'd be at tailbone now.You'll get back to that length in no time :blossom:

FroandBeyond
April 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Don't worry, your hair will grow back. Just stay encouraged.

spidermom
April 20th, 2008, 10:31 AM
My hair is the longest it's ever been right now, and I often wonder why I didn't grow it out like this before. I used to sometimes have SL to APL hair, then get a short cut, and look back at pictures with the longer length wondering why I had done something so stupid. But that didn't keep me from doing it again. And again. And again. Oh well; I had my reasons (pathetic and illogical as they sometimes were), and this is a great time for me to grow/maintain long hair.

Your length will be back soon, I am sure. Enjoy every length along the way; you may never pass this way again.

walkinglady
April 20th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Just think how healthy your hair will be when it hits this length again. You'll baby it all the way and be an inspiration at LHC!

By the way, I think your hair looks great right now!

misspriss
April 20th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks you guys :)

I know it will happen, it's just the waiting, and knowing it was that close.

And for some reason, my subscribed threads are working. weird.

Shadow Walker
April 20th, 2008, 12:43 PM
You had some great looking hair misspriss. I'm sure it'll look even better in a few years. :)

Gecko
April 21st, 2008, 05:58 AM
At least you've been there before so you definitely know it can happen again. That's how I feel about cutting my bangs again... since I grew them out last year, it feels easier this time because I know it will happen. Of course bangs aren't as much hair....