PDA

View Full Version : Hair changes during growth?

Eilean
October 8th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Hello!

I have two silly questions: as you can see in my profile picture my hair is now only 17 inch long and wavy. However before I had it cut it was about 25 inches and it was pretty straight but the ends were quite waby. Is that because the hair gets heavier?

And.. I have recently started using natural shampoo by Aubrey Organics and I read that once the silicone are out the hair gets lighter and natural waves and curles are likely to "come back". Is that true?

Sorry for the naive questions! :blushing:

Heidi_234
October 8th, 2009, 02:57 PM
It's very likely that your hair is more wavy than you thought. Did you do a hairtyping pic yet? Maybe not brushing your hair will bring put even more waves. Length does play a role in waviness/curliness of the hair, as when the hair is longer it straightens under it's own weight. My hair looks like 3b curly on the bottom and 2c straight on top, and no - it's the same hair all over. :)

Coneless routine can bring alot of wave back, because cones weight down hair so well. As for the color, I'm not sure, but there might be difference in moisture retaining and how light reflect without cones.

JamieLeigh
October 8th, 2009, 02:57 PM
It's true that your hair can weigh itself down and negate wavies.....and it's also been true in my case that stopping cone usage caused my wavies to come out because the cones were weighing my strands down. It's probably going to have more of an effect on those who have finer hair, because cones react differently to different hair types. This is because with each different hair type, the hairs themselves are different shapes. If that makes sense. If not, I'm sorry and maybe someone else can explain better. :p

Eilean
October 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
No I have not done a hairtyping pic yet. Is that just a picture of my hair?

I will see how the hair will grow and how the waves turn out. I was quite surprised when the current pictures (avatar and profile) were taken as I have never seen my hair so wavy! I like it though :) .

JamieLeigh
October 9th, 2009, 09:23 AM
A hairtyping pic is just a plain photo of your hair, freshly washed and air-dried, no combing, no leave-in. That way, you can see your hair in its natural state with no outside manipulation. :)

Eilean
October 12th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Ah I see, thank you :) . I will take one as soon as I can then. Cheers!