PDA

View Full Version : Odd question...

morguebabe
October 8th, 2009, 02:28 PM
OK. a few weeks ago, Friday night I washed my hair, and I put 12 mini braids in it. (I was going to zombie prom and wanted big freezy hair). I brushed it it out so it got huge, and a sprayed it with some Kenra Super Hold Hair spray, and I sprayed the roots alot. When I got home that night I didn't wash it I just put in one lbig sleep braid, and then the next day I just brushed it again. Then I started to notice something, that my hair and scalp weren't anywhere as greasy and stringy and gunky as they normally are. I was able to go to Day 6 with out having to wash and with out my scalp getting gross and oily.
I don't know it just got my thinking it was the longest my scalp has NEVER been gross. But hair spray is so bad for hair, but it made my hair feel so good.
Heres a picture I think mid way in, just cause I needed a new picture anyway... I don't know why its such bad quality.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2109&pictureid=52186

Eilean
October 8th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I think that is because hair spray makes both the scalp and hair quite dry. What I do, sometimes, is when my hair is slightly greasy in the morning but I do not have enough time to wash and dry the hair I wear a pony tail and put a tiny bit of hair spray on it (from a long distance). And the hair looks a lot better. I would not recommend doing this every day mind. And I always brush it out carefully.

JamieLeigh
October 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I don't have an answer to the question......but I wanted to say I love your braid waves!! :D A zombie prom sounds like it would be fun.

Isilme
October 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM
maybe it was the braids? You got more air to the scalp. Just a theory.

Heidi_234
October 8th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Does it contain Alcohol? It can sort of cleanse the scalp I suppose. I toyed with the idea of using the aloe vera gel for skin (that contain little bit of alcohol) for scalp cleansing. Hmm...:hmm:

embee
October 8th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Wow, your hair pic is awesome!

I'm guessing the alcohol in the spray was drying.

~GypsyCurls~
October 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I love the way your hair looks in the pic-the texture, colors, everything! :)

Paliele
October 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
No advice on the mysterious anti-greasies, but I agree with everyone else's sentiments--your hair is so pretty!

Amara
October 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Cool braid waves! Also, yes, hairspray is drying, so the greasies did not hit you as quickly. Handy for hair emergencies, but don't do it often!

inertia
October 8th, 2009, 10:04 PM
That happens to me too with hair spray. If I spray my roots really well, the spray seems to absorb the scalp oil and I can go twice as long before my next wash. My scalp is so greasy that Day 2 has to be a hat day normally, things like baby powder and corn starch only make it more disgusting, and dry shampoo isn't available here. Hair spray is the only thing I've found that makes me presentable on the second (and sometimes third) day.

morguebabe
October 9th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the responses. I'm debating starting to use some spray at my roots to help with greasies...
Thanks for the comments.