PDA

View Full Version : Hair styles--for work and upcoming dinner

Darkhorse1
October 8th, 2009, 02:00 PM
hey Gang!
I am curious to know if any of you could post photos of hair style ideas (or links) for the following:
1. Work!! I work with horses and I always wear a braid. Problem is, it's starting to break the hairs at the ends of my hair due to the same style. I need a hairstyle that is helmet compatable as I sometimes have to get on a horse to school it/demonstrate things. I can do a rope braid, but it doesn't hold as well as a regular braid. Any suggestions would be great!!

2. Thanksgiving is coming up for me and I'm trying to figure out a style to wear to my mom's for dinner. I love leaving it down, but I'd like to have a slightly more varied style

3. Awards banquet: My students are all accepting awards at a banquet at the end of this month. Not sure how to do my hair--again, I'd like to keep it down as it's always back at horse shows. I loved nightshades style for her wedding! Something like that would be great!

Thanks gang!

JamieLeigh
October 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Maybe try varying the length of your braid tassle? That might help with breakage issues, as you won't be leaving the band in the same place every day.

I think Nightshade's wedding style is gorgeous! That's far better than anything I could come up with, and I think that'd look very pretty with your darker color. :D

Isilme
October 8th, 2009, 04:14 PM
how about a really low bun? Would that be horse friendly? And for the fancy event, you could wear your hair down and have the sides clipped back (this is currently my favorite style, I bought a pair of mini flexis for this style)

Niftytiffs
October 8th, 2009, 04:41 PM
How about a 1930's/40's style snood for when you need to wear a riding hat? I've tried them before and ot worked just fine with my hair. Plus they look very "equestrienne" :)

Tiffers

heatherdazy
October 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM
What if you wore a tucked in braid using bobby pins and you skipped the hairband altogether?

JCFantasy23
October 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM
For the dinner I always thought the stardust style (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=80) is elegant and pretty, or a type of chignon. Perhaps something with little autumn leaves decals on the clip or something since it is for Thanksgiving.

There's also a french twist or the sideways french twist (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=101)

I always thought Nightshades gentle lift updo (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=87) looks classic

Darkhorse1
October 8th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks gang! You rock!!

mtstorm
October 8th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I put my hair up in a low Lazy Wrap Bun when I go riding. I try to avoid rubber bands (even gentle ones) because I was getting a lot of breakage.

GoddesJourney
October 9th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Have you tried that Amish style that MusicLady posted?

Darkhorse1
October 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM
yes, I did the amish style and loved it. Problem is, most helmets don't accomidate any really fancy updo or even basic, like a bun. My hair is just past my tailbone and apparently I've got lots of it ;)

I think I saw a banded style ponytail that looked really cool--I'll try that this weekend. I'll be using soft ties so I don't damage the hair.

Still trying to find a style for the banquet though. Any photos would be great! :)