PDA

View Full Version : One year anniversary

cocolover
October 8th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I want to say thank you to everyone on this board, you have been a great source of information and inspiration. I am nearing the longest I have ever had my hair, and it is definitely in the best condition it has ever been in.
The most major changes I have made since joining here have been:
1. I have learned how to oil my hair and have been washing with herbs
2. I was using Suraya henna before and now do henna glosses with BAQ henna
3. no more brush, only my wide tooth comb
4. I have switched to gentle hair toys instead of bad elastics

My first pic is actually from last November, as I don't have a good pic from October. As you can see, I was just learning how to take pics of the back of my head :D
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/WAtoThai/010.jpg

This next pic is from a few days ago. It is after sleeping in a braid, so a little less curly than usual, but closely matches the first pic I think. Sorry it is a touch blurry, but I think my camera is on the way out :(
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/WAtoThai/October2009009-2.jpg

The longer I stick around here, the longer my goal gets...surprise, surprise :) I am now aiming for tailbone, hoping to get to waist soon. I have done two small trims in the past year, no more than a 1/2 inch each time. My ponytail circumference has also increased this past year, going from 3.5 to 4.
Thank you again for the wonderful resource that LHC is.

MirandaWelch
October 8th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Oh, lovely! I think it looks great in the second pic. Beautiful spirals at the end :)

freckles
October 8th, 2009, 12:34 PM
congrats! :) you have gorgeous hair!

Tangerine
October 8th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Your hair looks in great health, and it has grown lots! I love the spirals too :)
Very pretty hair. Congrats! :blossom:

melikai
October 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Your hair is lovely - pretty curls! Congratulations on 1 year.

adiapalic
October 8th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Congratulations! :flower: wonderful looking length :)

fleurdelis
October 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Looking good :)

MissManda
October 8th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Oooh, congratulations! Your hair looks so lovely!

lol I remember when I first started taking pictures of the back of my head. I haven't been doing it for long, but I find that taking more than one picture and picking out the nicest one works best, so that way you don't have to deal with blurriness. :)

Happy growing!

Barbie Diamond
October 8th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Congratulations, your hair looks great!

patience
October 8th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Happy Anniversary and Congratulations!

little_acorn
October 8th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Happy anniversary :D - lovely spirals :flower:

JamieLeigh
October 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Happy Anniversary! I love your curls and that's some nice length progress. You have very lovely hair! :flower:

bgarrison
October 8th, 2009, 08:01 PM
So pretty!!

Paliele
October 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Very pretty! I love the color of your hair.

BringMeThunder
October 8th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Congratulations, a half inch increase in thickness is wonderful! You have beautiful, lustrous hair.

Arniky
October 8th, 2009, 09:09 PM
nice and guess can now look for the next anniversary

clairenewcastle
October 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Happy anniversary!
You mentioned that you've been washing with herbs - can I enquire which ones for I've started using catnip as a conditioner and would love the idea of replacing poo with herbal rinses.
Your hair is lovely!

above_rubies
October 8th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Your hair is so pretty! I love your spirals! Are ponytail holders bad? I use them everyday when I cook dinner. Oops.

Amara
October 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I love your mix of waves and curls. It's looking good! I can't wait to see how pretty it'll be at waist!

cocolover
October 9th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Thank you all for the nice comments :)
above_rubies- probably depends on the elastics. I have found some at Sephora that are pretty non-damaging, but they don't come in very big sizes. Now I use silk scrunchies to put my hair up at home and hairsticks/hairforks for out and about. The non-metal elastics I used before still had a glue blob area that ripped hair out
clairenewcastle-I have been using aritha, shikakai and amla for washing, my hair loves shikakai

LittleOrca
October 9th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair is looking great. :)