PDA

View Full Version : Help typing please!

SpinDance
October 8th, 2009, 07:18 AM
I'm finally getting some pictures taken of my hair. They are terrible, since I took them with a phone, but I think they show enough to get some opinions on what my first classifier actually is. I've been going with 2a/2b, but the more I've been using oil and other techniques learned here, the more wave I seem to be getting. In that the interval seems to be getting shorter. If it was wool I'd say the crimp was tighter! :)

I've created a public album here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4055

Sure hope I'm doing this right!

spidermom
October 8th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I'll have to go with 2B.

Isa-belle
October 8th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Lovely hair! :)
I'd say 2b to 2c. Because the pictures are slightly blurry, I'm wondering whether your waves aren't more defined in real life, in which case, you hair would lean more towards 2c. Do you have the odd spiral curl forming sometimes?

LovingLife
October 8th, 2009, 09:10 AM
when I clicked on this I thought you meant typing on a keyboard!!

SpinDance
October 8th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the comments, folks. This is pretty new to me, so I'm still trying to get it figured out.

Yes, Isa-belle, I have just in the last few weeks noticed that I'll get the odd very long, loose, but definite spiral forming when I let alone while drying. They don't tend to stay, because once I've bunned or braided it smooths out into whatever shape that makes. It will stay well in bun or braid waves, though.

Lovinglife, I know what you mean, the first couple times I saw a post with a similar subject I was a bit off the mark! Fortunately I've got the keyboard typing down just fine. lol

Ironically, after I took these pictures I combed again and put in a tiny flex-8 to hold back the front and realized that the interval on the combed hair, while not as defined, was even shorter. I'm finding this pretty confusing. Does anyone else find their hair changing so much?

Isa-belle
October 8th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Yes, Isa-belle, I have just in the last few weeks noticed that I'll get the odd very long, loose, but definite spiral forming when I let alone while drying. They don't tend to stay, because once I've bunned or braided it smooths out into whatever shape that makes. It will stay well in bun or braid waves, though.
In this case you fit in with the 2c pattern IMO:

distinct S-waves and the odd spiral curl forming here and there
(from the article on hairtyping (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=5))
(Gee, I actually used the very same phrasing earlier on - and I hadn't even been checking the article then :eek:)

SpinDance
October 8th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Yippee! I sure hope more spirals start forming as I learn more about taking better care of my hair. Thanks, Isa-belle!

-dashes off to update her stats-

Isa-belle
October 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
He he :p

The increase in waves certainly reflects on your hair's improvement - congrats on taking such good care of it!

SpinDance
October 8th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks! It is an interesting journey.

I'm trying new things, CWC and oiling in particular. Oh, and buns! Blessings on all of you who wrote bun instructions and made videos! I think they are helping, too, by preventing damage. Oiling is working better than it ever has before, I presume because I just used too much back then. I gave up on oils before, but now it is part of my regular routine and I'm seeing a lot more shine on my ends and length. And now more waves and some curl, too, which thrills me no end!

It definitely is thinner the last 4 inches/10 cm or so. Since the top part has so much volume this is very noticeable, at least to me. I was thinking that TB was terminal length for me, and there was too much fairy tailing, but now I'm not sure. My choices seem to be to trim back above waist, or just let it grow and hope the new routine lets more hairs grow longer to fill it in. So far I'm just letting it grow and praying!

Anje
October 8th, 2009, 12:34 PM
I'd probably call it 2b, based on the pictures, but if you're getting spirals, it could go to 2c.

Getting more intense waves is pretty normal when people start doing LHC stuff. Better moisturized hair tends to wave or curl so much more than dry hair... I think it shocks some of the newbies who come in thinking they have straight, frizzy hair.

SpinDance
October 8th, 2009, 01:07 PM
It is interesting to see how much change I've had in just a few months, trying only a thing or so at a time, making minor adjustments to my routine. I always knew I had some wave and too much frizzy-ness, but not really how to handle it. I'm hoping to figure out how to stop all the frizzies from tiny spiraling hairs going every which way on my canopy as well as getting these waves properly figured out.

JamieLeigh
October 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I also agree with the 2b/2c suggestions. Your hair is lovely! :flower:

PatGear
October 8th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I'd go with 2b. Doesn't look like there are enough spirals for 2c, but the pictures aren't very clear.

jojo
October 8th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Interesting your hair looks like mine, when I just finger comb, my siggi has been brushed.
I have always thought myself to be a 2b but I also get the S waves with the odd spiral forming. I am thinking 2b/2c.