PDA

View Full Version : My haircut today!

09robiha
October 8th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Finally my haircut has approched. Im a little nervous especially since i may be going dark today as well. I love the conrat of pale skin against lovley shiney choclatey brown hair but not sure it will suit me so i will ask when i go. Otherwise going to try and be very clear about how much i want taken of and hopefully it will all turn out ok.
Might post some pictures later too. Wish me luck!!

Isa-belle
October 8th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Be very specific about exactly how much you want your hair to be cut. Stern and specific. LOL.

Good luck! I hope you come back happy with your new cut and possibly colour.

jasper
October 8th, 2009, 03:24 AM
It will turn out fine in the end. :agree: good luck to you!

freckles
October 8th, 2009, 03:42 AM
good luck :)

embee
October 8th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Be sure to watch what goes to the floor, the clipped ends. That's how you will know how much they're taking off. Pay attention. If you don't like it, stop them right away. You're paying for their work, make sure it's done to your specification. Better to have one bit too short than lose the length all over.

Arniky
October 8th, 2009, 08:02 AM
okay-just cut it to whatever u feel okay & later can have it grown again maybe

Peggy E.
October 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Guess you have to have an element of trust working here, when you sit in the chair and submit to the whims of an individual armed with sharp scissors, that you will be listened to and your instructions followed.

I don't uderstand the point of a hairdresser ignoring the requests of a client. Don't you want that client to return? Don't they want to build up good customer bases and isn't this done by pleasing the client and giving them what they want?

Seems so simple, doesn't it? So why can't they follow through??!!!

Hope you found one who was anxious for you to return as a happy, satisfied customer and you love, love, LOVE your new hair!

heatherdazy
October 8th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I don't uderstand the point of a hairdresser ignoring the requests of a client. Don't you want that client to return? Don't they want to build up good customer bases and isn't this done by pleasing the client and giving them what they want?
I agree with you! And almost every stylist I've worked with respects and listens to their client.

One glaring exception is a former coworker who thought people didn't really know what they wanted. He would go through phases where every client that week would be colored copper red or chopped into a razored asymmetrical. He did not even consult with his clients, just looked at the hair and made a decision on his own while telling her how sexy she was going to look.

He had double the clientele of anyone else in the salon. I guess people who don't know what they want are just more loyal because they need you to tell them what to do? Idk.