PDA

View Full Version : Cone free shampoo?

Nenwing
October 7th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I tried to do a search, but came up with cone free conditioner lists. Is there a listing of cone free shampoos?

Also, is there a "master thread" that explains about cones, and what to look for on the back of the bottle? Cones refers to things ending in "-cone" on the ingredients correct?

Nenwing
October 7th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I did find this article which helps: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=13

rags
October 7th, 2009, 06:33 PM
If you go to the top of the forum, there is a sticky that is for VIT - Very Important Threads. I'm not sure if there is a conefree shampoo list or not, but if there is, the thread should be in there. HTH

clairenewcastle
October 7th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Cone free shampoos are becoming more readily available on the market thankfully.
I'm sure I saw a list of cone-free shampoos as well as conditioners on a thread, but I'm still finding my way around this forum and can't recall exactly where it was.......

Nenwing
October 7th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Hmm, looks like there is a lot more cone free conditioners than shampoos. I wonder why that is. Also, this may sound silly, but isn't it better to wash with a cone free shampoo, rather than a cone free conditioner?

Roseate
October 7th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Hmm, looks like there is a lot more cone free conditioners than shampoos. I wonder why that is. Also, this may sound silly, but isn't it better to wash with a cone free shampoo, rather than a cone free conditioner?

There are plenty of conefree shampoos too; suave and vo5 both make many, as do the "natural" brands like Nature's Gate, Giovanni, Aubrey Organics, Burt's Bees, etc.

I don't know if it's any better to skip cones in shampoo than conditioner, doesn't seem like it would matter one way or the other- skip one if you want less cones, skip both if you want none. :shrug: