PDA

View Full Version : A new goal for me!

Amara
October 7th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I've reached tailbone, at which point I was scheduled for an evaluation of length/condition etc. I'm dealing with a few things - a few last inches from many years ago which were dyed, bleached, dyed, and bleached some more... but I've taken off several inches in the past few years and right now my ends seem pretty happy. I'm also dealing with henna on my length - from about shoulders/APL down is burgandy and dark reddish brown from henna and henna/indigo applications. My natural hair is golden/ashy brown and has not a hint of red in it. In indoor light, where the henna isn't too noticeable, the dye line is not visible unless you're looking really closely at me, in which case, BACK OFF!! :D Outside though, it looks a lot different!

I'm going to keep growing to classic. I'm going to trim on my next birthday - June '10, if I need it. Until then, only S&Ds, and trims in the front to maintain my bangs, which I love. By then I'll be closing in on Classic - which is 44" on me. I grow about 6" a year and I'm at 39"ish right now. So, a year from now, even with a trim, I should be at classic. This is very exciting for me! I wasn't sure I'd like tailbone, I was waiting to see and then decide if I would trim back to waist (I really loved waist length). But I super-love tailbone. I can just feel the tips of my hair on my legs when my head is tilted for combing, and seated I like to see my hair in my lap. I'd never even THOUGHT of having hair so long. This is cool, and it's thanks to TLHC!

I'm going to keep growing out my henna (once I got a glimpse of my natural color, that wasn't in question... I like my golden brown. Can't wait until it's all there is left)

Just wanted to share my goals!

I've been wearing my hair up pretty much constantly... I don't even wear it down in a braid very often, or a half-up. Lately I've become a fan of scalp washes, because I teach dance/exercise classes almost nightly, that helps me to keep my scalp happier but my length nice too.

At this point I'm most excited about getting rid of the henna. Objectively I don't think the two-toned look is bad, I just have that goal of all-virgin hair so I want it *now!* :D

Thanks for reading my ramblin' goals!

:) :flowers:

kdaniels8811
October 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I have hair envy, I cannot wait to get mine as long as yours. Your goals are awesome, I enjoyed reading your "rambling".

jivete
October 7th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Congratulations!

I have a similar problem with my old henna vs. natural hair. Inside not too bad, outside...bleh. I can't wait until mine is all one color too.

Tangerine
October 7th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I really liked reading about your goals! And I love the way you describe your experience of tailbone length hair. That really makes me want to get there even more.:)
Tailbone is my first goal, and then on to classic, so pretty similar.

Happy growing, Amara :flower:

Pumpkin
October 7th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Congratulations!!!! :happydance: I am excited for you!!!

embee
October 7th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Sounds like a plan! :)

Congrats on meeting your goal and hope you enjoy the journey on. I also enjoyed seeing the hair resting in my lap; that was such a shock the first time - I just combed the ends and looked at it and grinned.

myotislucifugus
October 7th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Hooray! Congratulations!

maegquare
October 7th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Congratulations on meeting your goal! I'm really happy for you. :)

Arniky
October 7th, 2009, 09:01 PM
good long length goal achieved

friskybiznus
October 7th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Whoo hoo! Enjoyed your post and congrats on your goal length! I soooooo want to be at TBL!!!

patience
October 7th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Congratulations on reaching your goal and good luck with your next one.

JamieLeigh
October 9th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I'm glad to see that you're happy with your hair! It's so amazing when you reach a goal, and you realize it's absolutely as awesome as you thought it'd be! :flower:

Good luck in the future and keep us updated on what works, and doesn't work, for you. :)

Maddy25
October 9th, 2009, 10:35 AM
YAY!!! Congrats! How exciting! Im really happy you have realised how beautiful your natural colour is as well!

Jessikinz
October 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal! Makes me even more excited to reach tailbone. I'm almost there. Reading other people's goals sure are motivating hehe. :)

frodolaughs
October 9th, 2009, 12:23 PM
congratulations! I'm hoping for similar length--eventually.

Dreamernz
October 9th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Lol hair envy :D Welldone!!!

Amara
October 9th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks everybody! I definitely wouldn't be anywhere near here without all of you to share the journey with!