PDA

View Full Version : Moisture or Protein

julliams
October 7th, 2009, 05:54 AM
I've been reading lately about hair needing either protein or moisture and that protein treatments should be done less often and best followed by moisture treatments but...

How do I know which I need. I did the wet hair trick. My hair stretches a bit and then breaks. Is it normal to break or is the fact that it breaks a signal that I need more moisture?

Or is it normal and I need to stop thinking of things to do with my hair and go tidy my desk ;)

Juliette

maaria
October 7th, 2009, 06:37 AM
The only thing you can do about this is to make a test what your hair likes:)I have read that some thin hair dont like too much protein. I have thin hair and my hair likes both but most moisture;)
Good Luck!

BlndeInDisguise
October 7th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Before it snaps, stop stretching it. Does it shrink back up to normal like elastic, or does it stay all stretched out? If it stays all stretched out you need protein. If it stretches some, you should be okay in the moisture area, I believe, but I'm sure other people know better than I do! :o

jivete
October 7th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Before it snaps, stop stretching it. Does it shrink back up to normal like elastic, or does it stay all stretched out? If it stays all stretched out you need protein. If it stretches some, you should be okay in the moisture area, I believe, but I'm sure other people know better than I do! :o

That's the way I understand it too. If you stretch it and it returns to its normal shape it's okay. If you stretch and it stays stretched you need protein. If it breaks immediately without stretching or barely stretching, it needs moisture.