PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was nice.....

bushytailed
October 6th, 2009, 06:02 PM
When I was at work yesterday, a lady, about 65, came up to me and complimented my hair. She had lovely hair, really white hair and it was kinda long. She said her hubby can't wait until it's all the way down her back. She said she has been growing it out for about 4 years. I was really surprised that someone that age was interested in having long hair. Now I don't feel awkward having long hair at my age; 42.

But her hair was just stunning and beautiful for being so gray/white. It is snow white and she is just gorgeous.

Bucatini
October 6th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry if you feel or have felt awkward about having your hair long at age 42, but glad that a stranger's kindness (and awesome hair) made you feel better! :)

Aer
October 6th, 2009, 06:17 PM
That was nice. Don't feel awkward about growing your hair out, if there was an age limit on when your supposed to have long hair, then our hair would stop growing once we hit that age limit! My mom started growing her hair out around 59. That ladies hair sounds really pretty.

Paliele
October 6th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I love long silver hair. Good for you for getting a head start!

MsBubbles
October 6th, 2009, 07:26 PM
What a great story! I'm 42 too :D.

clairenewcastle
October 6th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Please don't feel awkward Bushytailed for having long hair at the age of 42, I'm 43. We're certainly not old.
After cutting my damaged hair off in March in order to start growing it again from scratch I feel very encouraged by your story. Hers sounds gorgeous, I'm sure yours is as well otherwise she'd never have commented on it.
Age has no limits when it comes to hair.

friskybiznus
October 6th, 2009, 08:17 PM
That rocks!! Good for you! Keep growing and be forever young!

going gray
October 6th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Wonderful story encouraging to here older women having long hair. You obviously have pretty hair too, or she wouldn't have commented on it.

maegquare
October 6th, 2009, 09:15 PM
That is such a nice story. Good for you and for that lovely lady, too. I don't think anyone is too old for long hair, or whatever length or colour makes them happy. I'm 45. My sister-in-law is 62 and only recently cut her waist-length silver hair short. I think she's lovely with it long or short.

motormuffin
October 6th, 2009, 09:40 PM
My great grandma had long hair until she died at 98. You're never too old.

Yozhik
October 6th, 2009, 10:04 PM
This thread reminds me of a great story I read in elementary school that always stayed with me about an older woman with really long beautiful white hair. It's called Agatha's Feather Bed: Not Just Another Wild Goose Story. The plot is cute and the language humorous and full of puns. It's one of my childhood favorites!

Tangerine
October 7th, 2009, 02:43 AM
This thread reminds me of a great story I read in elementary school that always stayed with me about an older woman with really long beautiful white hair. It's called Agatha's Feather Bed: Not Just Another Wild Goose Story. The plot is cute and the language humorous and full of puns. It's one of my childhood favorites!

I just googled this and it looks like a really great story book! And yes, a lovely white-haired lady on the front :) Thank you for posting this, I would love to get this for my kids :flower:

To the OP, what a lovely, happy encounter you had! Isn't it wonderful when people take the time to give a heartfelt compliment. :blossom:

JamieLeigh
October 9th, 2009, 10:15 AM
There are quite a few in this online community who are older and growing out long silvers and whites. I think they all look amazing, and I can't wait until I have a whole silvery head of classic+ hairs!! My hair is past my butt and I don't intend to ever get any shorter than this, no matter what age or color. :D

BringMeThunder
October 9th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I'm glad she encouraged you to feel better about your hair. I think middle-aged and older ladies with long hair are invariably beautiful, especially when it turns silver or white! :love:

Dreamernz
October 9th, 2009, 01:17 PM
You shouldn't feel awkward, long hair at that age is inspirational, individual and lovely. Lol and that's coming from an 'unruly youth' :D

Arniky
October 10th, 2009, 06:25 AM
anyone can have longhair as they desire