PDA

View Full Version : Back to BSL

shwankie
October 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Well, I've known it was going t.o come to this, but I'd been holding off to let everything grow long enough so that I could keep BSL.

Before I actively started growing my hair out again, the last stylist I have left me with this weird, unattractive (at least in my hair, since I'm thin and blonde--maybe some people look good with this) V-shaped hemline. My plan was to let the tip of the V hit my waist, then get everything cut to a nice, softly rounded or blunt hemline.

Last week, the only person besides myself that I let touch my hair anymore did the cut. It's a very soft half-moon hemline, almost straight, and is again at BSL. Honestly, it looks *much* healthier and thicker, but it's weird to not be able to do some of the styles I was able to do before.

That said, I am happy I did it. I'm now headed back towards waist with a great hemline, so I can just do S&D. I'm taking the biotin, oiling nightly, scalp-only washing, vinegar rinse, etc.

Let the journey...begin? Continue? Start anew after a slight detour?

Whatever it is, it'll be fun!

marikamt
October 6th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Can you post pics??? How many inches did you lose??
I will eventually have to do this..... probably next year.....

friskybiznus
October 6th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I'd like to see pics too! Glad your cut turned out good and you are happy! I agree, the journey is fun!

Spring
October 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM
At least you're only cutting to bsl :) and not to shoulder or chin length( I thought my damaged layer was only 2 inches up, but it's quite a bit higher). Your growth down to waist will be even more beautiful with your new hemline :cloud9:

Tangles
October 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I agree that BSL is a great length for anyone who's wants to grow out damage or a bad cut. It's the gateway to the long lengths :D

natt i nord
October 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM
And where are the pics?? :D

I'm glad you like your cut :) happy growing!

shwankie
October 6th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I'll post pics next week, when I have a bit more time. This week, we have an emergency foster child with us, and oh, the nutty schedule. He leaves tomorrow, then I have my appointment for the Mirena IUD, then I have to make up time at work.

But,next week, pictures. I promise :-)

I lost about 5 inches, I'd guess. I'm short, so BSL to waist isn't that big a stretch for me :-) I haven't measured yet, so I can't be exact; but, that should be in the ballpark. It hurt, but I think was worth it in the long run.

Rentlle
October 6th, 2009, 01:28 PM
wow, 5 inches!!
that's quit a bit!
can't wait to see pictures :)

Carolyn
October 6th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I agree that BSL is a great length for anyone who's wants to grow out damage or a bad cut. It's the gateway to the long lengths :DI like this comment a lot :thumbsup: BSL will still give you lots of the long hair style options and it should still feel sort of long. It's all just part of the long hair journey. If you only have 5" to go to waist, you'll be there in no time.

freckles
October 6th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I agree with everyone else that BSL is a great length that feels long and gives lots of style opportunities to play around with :) I bet it looks great! Can't wait for pictures :)

ChrissieM
October 6th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I'd love to see pictures..what you did sounds just about like what I want to do to my hair as my next "step" in growing long. The longest part of my hair is 2-3 inches below BSL, and my shortest layer in back is just about at upper BSL. I'm planning on getting that short layer to lower BSL and then cutting a blunt hemline. Although I do like my taper...it makes tucking the ends into buns easy! And as my longest layer gets closer to waist, I keep thinking that maybe I should grow my shortest layer to waist before cutting a blunt hemline.....

Amara
October 6th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Mmmm do I love U hemlines! I'm glad you're happy with your new starting place! :)