PDA

View Full Version : Who was your first LHC hair idol?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lora410
April 19th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I am not sure how many of us when we first come to LHC and looked at another members hair in awe wishing they had that. If you have who was your first LHC hair idol?

Mine was Franny, and still until this day I wish I had her hair!!!

justgreen
April 19th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Mine were, and still are, Elyce and Carolyn. I love Elle's hair....*sigh*

wintersun99
April 19th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Emichee and Toof and Cinnamon Hair and most recently Blueglass. There are so many to admire, but those w/1a-1b hair give me such a huge inspiration.

zule
April 19th, 2008, 05:17 PM
If I remember correctly, it was Elle. I even wanted her cat! Yes, I'm sure it was Elle.

Morticia
April 19th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Cowgal, Marianne, Butters, Kissedbyfire, Avrilon, and E - all the women with 1a and 1b hair back then.

capelli lunghi
April 19th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Lady Godiva, OhioLisa, PatGear, Amoretti, FrannyG, CurlsGirl.. just to name a few..

MountainGypsy
April 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I have a lot of hair idols now but my very first was Nightshade followed by Beatnik Guy and Amoretti...I am still in awe!

Carolyn
April 19th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Awwwww :flowers: Justy! I've always admired your hair too. My very first hair idols were Jennifer Bahney over at the old LHL site and Goldenhair who posts mostly at the Loom now. I was always in awe of Amberbella's hair too.

AJoifulNoise
April 19th, 2008, 05:25 PM
My first two LHC hair idols were AmandaPanda and Amoretti. Pretty hairs.

:flower:

kwaniesiam
April 19th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Nightshade, who's story made me try henna and get hooked on it :D

Angelic's hair has also been one of my favorites. And of course Dianyla, Lady Godiva, and Maid Marian.

Vela
April 19th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Very first LHC hair idol was Elle, kinda made me pause, sit back and go 'whoa'.
Elle was followed by Dianyla,Nightshade,and of course HeavenlyTresses!(*Can't* forget her!)

harley mama
April 19th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I am in love with Sam-I Am's gorgeous red curls!

Curlsgirl
April 19th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Lady Godiva, OhioLisa, PatGear, Amoretti, FrannyG, CurlsGirl.. just to name a few..

Oh my goodness! I am so honored to be mentioned! Your hair is SO beautiful!

I have so many hair idols here my list would take all night to compose!!!! I love ALL of your hair!!! No kidding!

SylphideNoir
April 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Cowgal's always fascinated me.

spidermom
April 19th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Harpgal, without a doubt. Sigh............gorgeous hair and lovely woman.

Firefly
April 19th, 2008, 06:58 PM
This was eons ago but my very first hair idol here was Martine... I'm not sure if she's still around or not, but she had the most gorgeous hair!

Firefly

Nat242
April 19th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Nightshade, Amoretti, Spidermom, Emichee, Toof.

I could keep going. I'm sure I've missed someone.

-- Natalie

cassie_g
April 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Dianyla. Still is at the top of the list.

Loviatar
April 19th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Oh gosh, I had loads. I still do. Elle was probably the first though, quickly followed by Morticia, Dianyla, Nightshade, Alizarin Fionn, KissedByFyre, Justgreen, Pegasus Marsters, and nessthing.

I've since also adopted Ole Gray Mare, Maid Marian, Lois, Shadow Walker and Little Bird to join my Heroes list, too.

amaiaisabella
April 19th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Squiggyflop inspires me to not give up on making a sock bun :) Her bun is beautiful.

TammySue
April 19th, 2008, 07:39 PM
The very first was Accolady (Karen Marie). Now there are too many to count! :)

CurlyNinja
April 19th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Very first was wonderlywroughte. So lovely...sigh.

PseudoScot
April 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Elle and Dulci - though my hair is not like either of them!

Now the list is too numerous to count!

ETA: Antares soon became one! She and I have very similar hair types but she uses henna and it's like looking at my hair in an alternative universe

Gylfi
April 19th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Trolleypup is and always will be my hair idol :)

Alaskanheart
April 19th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Amoretti for sure is the first person who comes to mind, but I would be here all night if I mentioned all the hairs here that I am in awe of.

girlcat36
April 19th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Amoretti was the first in a long line of hair inspiration. I will never have hair like hers, but I can dream...

yogachic
April 19th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Emichiee & Amoretti!

Riot Crrl
April 19th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Just about everyone, but I think the first one was Nightshade.

freznow
April 19th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I think my very first was HairColoredHair.

Then follows a list of anywhere from 50-100% of the rest of the members of LHC :lol:

misspriss
April 19th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Kissedbyfyre, and several others I can't remember their names! It was so long ago and I was so young then...There are so many more people here now I am amazed with all the beautiful inspiring hair!!!

naomimcc
April 19th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Butters (who was my first SHT...), kissedbyfyre and of course, Dianyla :D

Come to think of it...there were several more...I just can't name 'em all...

AmandaPanda
April 19th, 2008, 10:15 PM
aawww...thanks ajoifulnoise!

I honestly can't remember that far back! (I'm getting SO old, right?)

I'd have to go with Karen Marie though. I found LHC through her site. Now, approximately 75% of the members here are my idols (whether it's their curls, length, hair color, etc)

Rosepatrice
April 19th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Karen Marie and SongofSunlight were my faves.
Now, there are just way too many to choose.

BBGrrl
April 19th, 2008, 10:23 PM
SylphideNoir, Avrilon, Lady Godiva, Denise, and Wonderlywrought were the people who drew me here.

doodlesmart
April 19th, 2008, 10:25 PM
My first hair idol was definitely AmandaPanda. Now I still love her hair, but since giving up cones I've realized I'm much wavier than I thought I was, so I can no longer realistically aspire to her amazing smoothness and sheen. But I can still admire it!

EdG
April 19th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I remember being very impressed by Lady Godiva, Heidi W, and Dave Decker back when I was lurking on LHC.

Since joining LHC, I've added Dianyla, Countess DeJager, and quite a few others to my list of hair gods and goddesses! :happydance:
Ed

morningstar
April 19th, 2008, 10:38 PM
lorig713, ladyG, Elle,Nightshade, Amoretti
These are the first ones I saw and I shall never forget how my jaw really dropped. I still never entertain thoughts of having such hair but they truly inspired me to try.

Rain
April 19th, 2008, 10:46 PM
All the curlies but especially WonderlyWroughte because we had almost the same hair length at the time.

SylphideNoir
April 19th, 2008, 10:59 PM
SylphideNoir, Avrilon, Lady Godiva, Denise, and Wonderlywrought were the people who drew me here.

Me? Really??? That's just weird! LOL Thank you for putting me in that list though I think it must be a typo.

jessie58
April 19th, 2008, 11:03 PM
My very first hair idol. Snowymoon.

Then shortly after that, it was darkwaves, Trolleypup, Speedy's spirals and Shella13's beautiful tresses.

I have gone on, in the last year to love WavestoGrow, gorgeous shapely curls and color, Harley Mama's spirals, Ole Gray Mare's silver hair, Amoretti's smooth brown hair, of course Elle and Hairstorm with their incredible black long hair and Sam-I-Am's incredible red curls.

Lately I have fallen for Morticia's shiny, silky hair and Almudena's thick, dark hair as well. An ever growing list of idols.

Valorie
April 19th, 2008, 11:06 PM
lorig713, Nightshade, Autumn, KBF, Igor (though I have about a quarter of her hair at all! So thick!), and many more I probably can't think of now.:confused:

MoonSong
April 19th, 2008, 11:19 PM
To many to count. The top three that come to mind first though are Nightshade, Cinnamon Hair, and Kimberlily. This place is full of hair beauties.

Nightshade
April 20th, 2008, 01:27 AM
I have a lot of hair idols now but my very first was Nightshade followed by Beatnik Guy and Amoretti...I am still in awe!

Nightshade, who's story made me try henna and get hooked on it :D

Angelic's hair has also been one of my favorites. And of course Dianyla, Lady Godiva, and Maid Marian.

Elle was followed by Dianyla,Nightshade,and of course HeavenlyTresses!(*Can't* forget her!)

-- Natalie

Oh gosh, I had loads. I still do. Elle was probably the first though, quickly followed by Morticia, Dianyla, Nightshade, Alizarin Fionn, KissedByFyre, Justgreen, Pegasus Marsters, and nessthing.

I've since also adopted Ole Gray Mare, Maid Marian, Lois, Shadow Walker and Little Bird to join my Heroes list, too.

Just about everyone, but I think the first one was Nightshade.

lorig713, ladyG, Elle,Nightshade, Amoretti
These are the first ones I saw and I shall never forget how my jaw really dropped. I still never entertain thoughts of having such hair but they truly inspired me to try.

lorig713, Nightshade, Autumn, KBF, Igor (though I have about a quarter of her hair at all! So thick!), and many more I probably can't think of now.:confused:

To many to count. The top three that come to mind first though are Nightshade, Cinnamon Hair, and Kimberlily. This place is full of hair beauties.

I am humbled and speechless. Thank you all so very much, I'm just thunderstruck and honored. :o

I don't really have a hair idol here, per se, but I do remember the first time I saw a picture of Lady Godiva and Denise...wow.

This is the only place in the world sometimes my hair feels short!

eadwine
April 20th, 2008, 01:39 AM
I honestly don't know!! I liked all the hair I saw, it was ALL LOOOOOONGGGGG, it was all what I didn't have yet! :lol:

Masara
April 20th, 2008, 01:43 AM
One of the first threads I read even before joining was Snowy's massage technique. Not long after I joined, Snowymoon posted a progress photo and that was it.
I've added other hair idols since, but Snowymoon was the first.

Shanarana
April 20th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I would have to say Little_Bird. The siggy before had hair that was whipping around and looked so awesome.

Hayat
April 20th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Nightshade (she was just the sweetest thing when I first started to concider hennaing, and she has beautiful hair too), Snowymoon (her hair is just incredible) and Isilme (whose picture is now used as a background on my desktop as for inspiration - hope this is ok Isilme...?).

So much beautiful hair on LHC, but these are my top three.

:)

Hayat
April 20th, 2008, 04:32 AM
One of the first threads I read even before joining was Snowy's massage technique. Not long after I joined, Snowymoon posted a progress photo and that was it.
I've added other hair idols since, but Snowymoon was the first.

This is the same picture I saw. It was stunning, wasn't it!

WOW!

Red Jezebel
April 20th, 2008, 04:58 AM
kissedbyfyre and angelic.

GlassEyes
April 20th, 2008, 05:32 AM
I'm gonna cast another vote in for Nightshade. XD

Myrddin
April 20th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Here are so many people with wonderful hair. The ones that pop instantly to my mind are Amoretti and Snowymoon. I absolutely adore their hair.

HollowHannah
April 20th, 2008, 06:18 AM
for me it's nightshade. she's got the most beautiful hair and i'm sick with envy lol

Cassiopeia
April 20th, 2008, 06:27 AM
My hair idol was/and still is Emichiee.
And I love Igors hair!

Lillian
April 20th, 2008, 07:52 AM
My hair twins Autumn and Butters! :D

jojo
April 20th, 2008, 08:11 AM
oh there are too many to mention but my very first hair idol was Igor her determination and dedication really inspired me. Then it would have to be xandergrammy for her beautiful braids and waves as well as having beautiful hair, a beautiful person in all aspects, spidermom for beautiful waves, colour and straight talking approach she has taught me so much, Annarose her hair may cause her many frustrations but the result is stunning, Lamb you just got to love her curls and eadwine her hair always looks so neat and shiny and shes a good up do tutor!

there are many more and i could write a list as long as my arm.

Guenever
April 20th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Amoretti's siggy pic was the reason I joined back then! :inlove:
I also remember admiring Saoirse's, Elle's and Gladtobemom's silky hair..

KittyCat
April 20th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Mine were curlykitten and midnitecurls. Both have beautiful curls on their heads. I'm sad that they aren't active anymore.

Calista
April 20th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Celuriel (songofsunlight).

SarieQ
April 20th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Well, I was just in awe of everyone's hair when I first joined. My hair was still pretty short then, so I loved all the long hair pics. The two I can think of off hand were Nightshade and Snowymoon.

lil_irish_angel
April 20th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Avrilon, OhioLisa, Lady Godiva

zift
April 20th, 2008, 10:24 AM
The title asks for the first :D
Denise:bowtome:

ETA:Not was though still is.

Shorty89
April 20th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Oh gosh, so many and I don't quite remember. wonderlywroughte's curls always made my jaw drop, but I'd have to go with Snowymoon.

ETA: and oh, what's her name... long black hair past knee I believe.. oh what's her name. I haven't seen her post in a while.

Saoirse
April 20th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Celuriel (songofsunlight) -- it was she who inspired me to join LHC!

Guenever
April 20th, 2008, 11:07 AM
ETA: and oh, what's her name... long black hair past knee I believe.. oh what's her name. I haven't seen her post in a while.

Daeana? Hairstorm? just a few suggestions^^ and I agree -- both have gorgeous hair! :D

justgreen
April 20th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Perhaps Elle? She has THICK long hair past her knees. Gorgeous shade of black!

willowcandra
April 20th, 2008, 12:52 PM
My first were Jennifer Bahney and accolady.

kate46
April 20th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Sapphire-o was probably my first, I'm still in awe everytime I come across her avatar, beautiful hair! :)

Minx
April 20th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Mine were Wonderlywrought, Tigerdawn and Dianyla.

Still wish I could have their hair!!

TwirlyTresses
April 20th, 2008, 02:42 PM
There's lots of hair here that I admire, but my first inspirations were Rain, Snow White, and CurlyBrunette. Their dark brown curly hair made me start imagining that I could grow mine long as well.

Remke
April 20th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Justgreen, for the nice and straight blonde hair.

zift
April 20th, 2008, 04:58 PM

Hairstorm,Elle and Daeana has past knee length gorgeous hair! And Hairstorm is even nearing floor length now.My inspirations! :rockerdud

Blueglass
April 20th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Silver Rainbow, Nightshade, Ole Graymare, Silverlady are the earliest I can think of.

Elle
April 20th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Hairstorm,Elle and Daeana has past knee length gorgeous hair! And Hairstorm is even nearing floor length now.My inspirations! :rockerdud
Awww... Thanks, Zift! You're so sweet! :flowers:

Loviatar
April 20th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Darn I forgot Amoretti and Igor! Heh told you my list was long... :shrug:

Shorty89
April 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Perhaps Elle? She has THICK long hair past her knees. Gorgeous shade of black!
Yes it was Elle! Thanks!

Jorchet
April 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM
For me it was Mitabird's curls!:cloud9: She has an amazing hair! So shiny and healthy! And the amount of curls she has! I don't think my curls would look so good at that length

Elle
April 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Big thank yous to Zule, Vela, Lovi, PseudoScot, Morningstar, Jessie, Guenever, Justy and Shorty! I really appreciate each and every one of your kind comments. :grouphug: :flowers:

If I remember correctly, it was Elle. I even wanted her cat! Yes, I'm sure it was Elle.
Believe me, Zule... There have been many a day when I would've GIVEN you Motreet!! Paid you to take her, even. http://www.swimmingwithmothra.com/images/public/LaughingSmiley.gif

BBGrrl
April 20th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Me? Really??? That's just weird! LOL Thank you for putting me in that list though I think it must be a typo.

Nope not a typo. Really you. It is your length in the white dress picture that made me chose the length I wanted. It has since morphed but it was definitely you.

I also forgot styg and hairball (at least I think that was her name).

Mrs_Zombie
April 20th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Madhatter, i always look at her hair and sigh.

WritingPrincess
April 20th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I can't remember who my first one was, but my current ones are, Dianyla, Elle, heidi w, Lady Godiva, and many others.
Ah, yes. My first was Shnee. Still love her hair.

terriej
April 20th, 2008, 08:21 PM
When I first came here, I was inspired by all the beautiful hair I saw. And when I saw madpiratebippy, I was like...oooh, I want purple hair too!

chrissy-b
April 20th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I remember Little_Bird, Igor and Amoretti as being the first that I saw which made me get serious about growing my hair long again. But now, there are so many lovely heads of hair here that I can't say that those are the only three. Everyone here has beauty no matter the length, style or color.

Adrienne
April 20th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Athena's Owl.

for me. her hair was love at 1st site!!!!!!!!!

Aronomy
April 21st, 2008, 12:27 AM
Definitely Igor. I loved seeing the progression from bald to really long :). She has really desirable hair too, straight and coarse and thick. :)

Lize
April 21st, 2008, 03:49 AM
Igor. Her journal was a big inspiration because I was growing it from quite short.

jel
April 21st, 2008, 04:07 AM
My first hair idol on LHC, whose poetic journal inspired me to join and grow through the difficult beginnings - Celuriel (Song of Sunlight).

rhosyn_du
April 21st, 2008, 04:09 AM
There are many members here whose hair I admire and would love to have, but I'm pretty sure my first hair idols were Nightshade and Snowymoon.

Queenie
April 21st, 2008, 04:26 AM
I was in awe of all the lovely heads of hair when I first got here (still am, by the way :gabigrin: ) but Angelic inspired me to grow to mid-thigh.

Other inspirations were Tresses, E, Magpiedee, Igor, Madeleine, Cowgal and a long list of others.

Amoretti
April 21st, 2008, 04:30 AM
Thank you so, so much, everybody who mentioned me. :thud: I feel so humbled and proud at the same time. You guys really made not just my day, but my MONTH!:blossom:

I never thought I'd be honored in this way. My hair is still not where I'd like it to be. If it wasn't for this site and the lovely members I'd probably have given up ages ago. You guys can take a lot of credit here!:heartbeat

I have a lot of hair idols but the ones that made my jaw drop were Dianyla's mermaid tresses, AmandaPanda's mirror-like hair, Wavestogrow's lovely curls, Emichiee's waterfall of dark, shiny hair, SilverLock's gorgeous grey hair, Capelli Lunghi's amazing knee length locks, Igor's amazingly thick golden hair, Jason's waves, Kleis' thick dark fall, Billie's amazingly natural red locks, Lady Godiva's floor length hair, Little Flower's thick dark locks, Saoirse's stunning dark length, Shell's lovely golden hair with tapering ends, SnowyMoon's wavy mass, Almudena's thick hennaed hair, Styg's gorgeous thick dark hair, and Zift's amazing brown locks.

There are probably more though but just off the top of my head, that's a good list.:D

Sarahmoon
April 21st, 2008, 04:50 AM
I'm still bad at remembering names, but I like the really shiney dark hair, red waves and curls best. And then there's this lady with very healthy looking, shiny grey hair who has a lovely signature showing a grey braid with blue accents.
But I must name Eresh here too, because she has very long hair in a colour and (lack of) waviness that resembles mine.

DavidN
April 21st, 2008, 04:57 AM
One of my first idols when I first had access to the photojournals was Snowymoon, with her thick and delightful waves, and she always posted her photos with artistry and grace.

Then, of course, my friend Amoretti started a photojournal (I was the first to post in it too!), and I was awestruck. Her collections have always been one of the true delights here at the LHC.

Of course, I have met many other folks on the LHC since then, who have beautiful and inspiring hair, including a special person who has the loveliest long silver hair.:flowers:

almudena
April 21st, 2008, 05:09 AM
jessi58 andAmoretti, Thank you so much! :flowers: You made my day :o

There are so many heads of beautiful hair here. The firsts I fell in love with were styg (I miss her), Amoretti and Nightshade. Then I fell in love with their amazing brains too :)

Recently: Dianyla, Toof,Shell,Morticia,Billie. Just to name a few :)

icydove
April 21st, 2008, 05:54 AM
I found this post in my journal about 5 months after I joined LHC:

I read hair journals of certain people regularly, usually hair twins or COers, most all hair idols. These are the journals I frequent: AnaisSatin (LongLocks), LittleFlower, Cowgal, Dianyla, Hairstorm, mitabird, Snowymoon, Butters, Rain, Weaver, Pilgrim, Carolyn, Morticia, Ursula, physicschick, birdiefu, LilyMunster, GlebeGirl, E., Snow White, LadyGrey, peacecat3, dancingmegs, PrettyPolly, wonderlywroughte, Meezer, Speedbump, CurlyBrunette, CurlyKitten, notjomama, joyinc, dulci.
Tresses doesn't have a journal, but I'd read it if she did .

I found all of these ladies inspirational as I was building my routines and discovering what worked for me.

Amoretti
April 21st, 2008, 06:46 AM
David said:

Then, of course, my friend Amoretti started a photojournal (I was the first to post in it too!), and I was awestruck. Her collections have always been one of the true delights here at the LHC.
A big thank you to my dear friend, David! :blossom:

Almudena said:
jessi58 andAmoretti, Thank you so much! You made my day
You are very welcome, Almudena! Your hair is really something special.:blossom:
and:

There are so many heads of beautiful hair here. The firsts I fell in love with were styg (I miss her), Amoretti and Nightshade. Then I fell in love with their amazing brains too

Thank you, sweetie! :D And brains are HOT!;)

Saoirse
April 21st, 2008, 06:53 AM
Thanks, Amoretti. :)

getoffmyskittle
April 21st, 2008, 07:03 AM
kissedbyfyre (of the "I'll never have that" variety of hair idol) and Hairstorm and Elle. And Dianyla. Aw, and does anyone remember Veronique? She had the prettiest black 2c waves.

Stagecoach
April 21st, 2008, 07:07 AM
Dianyla, Wonderlywrought, Hairstorm and Elle... those ladies were my first! Now, there are several others as well, but those ladies caught my eye right away.

paper
April 21st, 2008, 07:31 AM
I find myself admiring those with the long wavy hair. Probably because mine is straight. xandergrammy and spidermom hair is beautiful.

I love morningstars color and shine. Those were the first few I noticed here.

justgreen
April 21st, 2008, 07:44 AM
Thank you Remke and Loviatar! I'm rarely anyone's favorite, they all love the curlies, as do I.

Nightshade
April 21st, 2008, 08:03 AM
Hayat, GlassEyes;HollowHannah;Blueglass;rhosyn_du; and almudena, thank you for the very sweet words :flowers:

Shell
April 21st, 2008, 08:19 AM
Amoretti and almudena, thank you very much!

When I first came here my hair idols were Cinnamon Hair, wonderlywrought, and JessicaTrapp.

Now, there are even more people whose hair I love--most of them mentioned on these pages!

KatKeRo
April 21st, 2008, 08:50 AM
Dianyla: when I saw her braids I set my goal on the same lenght of braids.
The siggy I admire the most nowadays is CinnamonHair's: I want to do the same with my hair (if I reach that far).

Amnell
April 21st, 2008, 09:00 AM
Celuriel
I found her journal before I joined the LHC and i was so courios about this place.

Alva
April 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM
When I first came here I was stunned by all the gorgeous long hair, but my idols were CinnamonHair, Denise, Angelic and nicolezoie.

neenerbabe
April 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
EmiChiee was the reason I found LHC, I saw her awesome locks on Flickr first. So I decided I wanted to grow my hair long because of her. Then when I saw Nightshade's fabulous hair I decided I HAD to try henna. LOL, you guys have totally changed my whole look! And I love ya for it.

CimarronSun
April 21st, 2008, 10:35 AM
KT was my first, as her hair was a similar type to mine- but a whole lot longer! I still remember looking at pictures of her and Beatnik Guy (also gorgeous hair) at the old LHL's photo albums. I wish she'd post here again.

I also loved seeing any pictures of Teacherbear, Lisa Janey, Dulci, Equestrian and later, Madeleine, Karen, Fia and Avrilon. I know there are many more I'm not putting down. Lately though, Morticia's hair is really impressive to me.

Tabitha
April 21st, 2008, 10:36 AM
Elle, Autumn and Butters. I love (and covet) Morticia's glossy straight black locks but am aware that mine will never look like that.

Unofficial_Rose
April 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Pretty much all of the above, especially Nightshade, Snowymoon, Justgreen and Harleymama.

Plus Pookatrina - wish my hair was like that (but I have wrong skintone to carry it off!)

Also I loved Caldonia Sun's glossy silver*

* I know she cut it and wouldn't want to make her feel that she shouldn't have, but it was so lovely :)

Ohio Sky
April 21st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Ive admired Nightshade, Stagecoach, AjoifulNoise, and Heavenly Tresses. But as far as the hair Im going for, Id have to say either Morticia or Elle.
The very first hair that made me go :agape: it would be CinnamonHair.

artemisjade
April 21st, 2008, 11:37 AM
It was definitely Stagecoach. Her sig pics are just gorgeous. I wanted to be able to look at her photoblog, so I joined. Now I'm just waiting to be able to view it...and all the rest because there are so many amazing heads of hair.

Tapioca
April 21st, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hairwise, it was Dianyla and Emichee.

Advice and inspiration-wise, it was (and still is) Nightshade and Kimberlily.

shinylocks
April 21st, 2008, 11:53 AM
Emichee and Amoretti definately :)

nastasska
April 21st, 2008, 12:25 PM
Oh Wow That's such a hard question.My very first was Accolady then AmandaPanda,Long Haired Rennie, Cinnamon Hair,Elle,Hairstorm and counting:cheese:

Gothic Lolita
April 21st, 2008, 12:29 PM
My very first ones were Amoretti and Emichiee!

But now there are so many that I can't even count them!

I have to name Nightshade and AJoifulNoise, though. Nightshade, because her hair is just gorgeous and she wrote that fantastic Herbal Hair Coloring article and AJoifulNoise because her updos are simply stunning!

dvas
April 21st, 2008, 01:16 PM
Amoretti, Shell, and Nightshade are three that come to mind, but there are/have been/will be others, I'm sure!

lora410
April 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM
oh, and I can't forget nightshade and Amoretti. I would LOVE for my hair to be that gerogous at that length.

Euphony
April 21st, 2008, 01:30 PM
Gesner was absolutely my first, her hair is stunning. Then I saw Maid Marion's and it started making me wonder if I wanted to try growing my hair that long instead of my tail bone braid goal.

mira-chan
April 21st, 2008, 02:35 PM
First ones? Dianyla, Hairymonster and Catia, many others joined the list soon after.

AJoifulNoise
April 21st, 2008, 04:01 PM
Ive admired Nightshade, Stagecoach, AjoifulNoise, and Heavenly Tresses.

I have to name Nightshade and AJoifulNoise, though. Nightshade, because her hair is just gorgeous and she wrote that fantastic Herbal Hair Coloring article and AJoifulNoise because her updos are simply stunning!

Seriously?! Wow, I'm walking on air now! :cloud9:

EllisGurl
April 21st, 2008, 04:05 PM
For me it's Avrilon who's blog inspired me to try heavy oiling which brought my hair back from the brink. I was this close to chopping to ear and starting over.

Others are Wonderlywrought and Nightshade.

snowbird
April 21st, 2008, 04:38 PM

:blush!:
I haven't been on the board in ages, but I must agree that Elle made my jaw drop.
I will try to upload some new pics soon as well...I'm such a slacker :silly:

Rain
April 21st, 2008, 04:40 PM
There's lots of hair here that I admire, but my first inspirations were Rain, Snow White, and CurlyBrunette. Their dark brown curly hair made me start imagining that I could grow mine long as well.

I found all of these ladies inspirational as I was building my routines and discovering what worked for me.

:bow: Thanks! :D

Garnett
April 21st, 2008, 04:58 PM
Igor, definitely.. Our type is very close (I'm a bit wavier though) and our colour is fairly close as well.. We both started from nothing too, so looking at her pictures makes me dream of what mine will look like some day.

And of course, all the 2c, 3a and beyond.. Notably, Meezer and Mountain Gypsy. I'd LOVE to have curls someday!

Morticia
April 21st, 2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks to all who mentioned me.

Delilah
April 21st, 2008, 05:41 PM
Emichee :)

ole gray mare
April 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks to those who mentioned me. Wow!

When I very first came here, my jaw dropped at the sight of Silverlocks, who had exactly what I was aiming for! Also Silverlady was a huge inspiration. Then there were Igor, Emichie, Snowymoon, Justgreen, Carolyn, Amoretti, Nightshade and Saoirse. I know there are many more, and there have been many more since then...I've been completely inspired by so many here whom I haven't mentioned, not just in terms of hair, but wisdom, spirit and heart.

angelthadiva
April 21st, 2008, 06:02 PM
Emi, Elle, Dianyla, Trollypup and BNG to start with...I've quickly become a fan of OP's hair for various reasons...Too many to name, but definitely Emi to start with...We aren't even close to hair twins, but her hair just makes me pause and sigh. :D

HeavenlyTresses
April 21st, 2008, 08:37 PM

Thank you!! I love Elle's hair, it's beautiful. And of course her kitties too :).

Shell
April 21st, 2008, 09:38 PM
Thank you dvas--it's wonderful to be mentioned in such company! :grnbiggri

WritingPrincess
April 21st, 2008, 09:45 PM
Oh, and Shell's French braid in her siggy was inspiration for me when I was learning how to braid.
ETA: I just remembered Akka naeda too.

jessie58
April 21st, 2008, 10:55 PM
Well while we're at it, I've just been noticing Shell's hair lately and have fallen in love with it as well. So many heads of beautiful hair here, so hard not to love it all.

CountessDeJager
April 21st, 2008, 10:55 PM
My first memory of an LHC 'wowed' impact was the Buddha photo that used to grace the home page. BeatnikGuy, Lady Godiva, Denise, and The Long Hair Site's Rose Red with backs to the camera in a display of great hair and camaraderie that told me this is a good place to play.

Now when it comes to LHCer I'd just like to pack up and take home with me and keep forever or more wisely just put on speed-dial that would be Heidi W. because she just knows so much about hair and life and looks great while knowing it!

I also have a hair idol I did take home with me and plan to keep forever. :inlove: Bill D. has always been my hero for having long hair because it is what he wants and conventional wisdom for the balding man can take a leap. :tongue:

Thanks for the mention, Ed! :flower: You are my "I wish I could wear my hair loose like that" idol. :D

LifeisAdventure
April 21st, 2008, 11:30 PM
Approximately in order... Amoretti, Lady Godiva, Dianyla, Cinnamon Hair, and AJoifulNoise... those are the ones that stick out most prominently, though I love all you longhairs! :flower:

There is one person I sadly can't remember though I remember her siggy pic very vividly -- it's a photoshopped collage of her gorgeous waist-length wavy blond hair in loads of styles and down as well. If I figure out who that is, I'll give you props! Til then, more love! :)

Rosepatrice
April 21st, 2008, 11:34 PM
The first one that comes to mind is Elle.

singindierain
April 21st, 2008, 11:36 PM
Wow....I'm thinking...well, I think Igor and LittleFlower were my first ones.

WritingPrincess
April 21st, 2008, 11:46 PM
CountessDeJager, I hear you about Heidi W. She is someone that I would really like to meet someday.

trolleypup
April 22nd, 2008, 12:12 AM
My first? Dianyla. Oh yeah, like a baby chick imprinting on the first face it sees.

(we laugh about this..."How long have I been walking down this road?")

And thanks, all!

...Then shortly after that, it was darkwaves, Trolleypup, Speedy's spirals and Shella13's beautiful tresses.
And you saw mine before we were on LHC!

Emi, Elle, Dianyla, Trolleypup and BNG to start with...

Trolleypup is and always will be my hair idol :)
*is impressed*

Gaelic Girl
April 22nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
Wonderlywroughte was my very first idol. We have very similar hair and to see that curly hair could grow past waist...to knee..was something I had never considered! So very exciting!! I immmediately showed my closest friends and Mum and proclaimed her to be my inspiration and often look at her profile pic to remind me of my goal. :)

Soon, I discovered more lovelies: Rain, Mountain Gypsy, lookingglass, darkwaves, Searmecarefully, TheHippieChick, Rini and redcelticcurls all inspire me to have the incredible curls they do.

Elle, Maid Marian, Styg, Amoretti, Lady Godiva, Dianyla, Hairstorm, Akka naeda, kimberlily, harpgal, CinnamonHair, Euphony , Nightshade , SurprisingWoman and OhioLisa all have such beatiful hair and make me want to do fabulous updos like theirs!!

Snowblood
April 22nd, 2008, 02:17 AM
My first inspiring idols were HairyMonster and Saoirse. Such beautiful long silk..
They were the reasons why I signed up here! :D

Amoretti
April 22nd, 2008, 03:07 AM
Thank you again for mentioning me!!:blossom: I feel so honoured and blessed!:heartbeat

Xanthippe
April 22nd, 2008, 03:16 AM
There is one person I sadly can't remember though I remember her siggy pic very vividly -- it's a photoshopped collage of her gorgeous waist-length wavy blond hair in loads of styles and down as well. If I figure out who that is, I'll give you props! Til then, more love! :)

Are you talking about this collage (http://www.longhairloom.com/pics/longhairanythingbutboring.jpg)? I don't know if she's on LHC or not, I just remember it from the front page of the Long Hair Loom site. So pretty!

Rini
April 22nd, 2008, 05:46 AM
Celuriel and Wonderlywroughte.....poetic gorgeous hair :inlove:

Nightshade was one of my first friends here, so I never thought of her as an "idol".....but still adore her hair!!!!

icydove
April 22nd, 2008, 05:48 AM
Are you talking about this collage (http://www.longhairloom.com/pics/longhairanythingbutboring.jpg)? I don't know if she's on LHC or not, I just remember it from the front page of the Long Hair Loom site. So pretty!

I think that is Avrilon, someone mentioned at least once in this thread :)

Igor did a similar collage at one point, so it could have been her as well.

squiggyflop
April 22nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
nightshade definitly... her henna was so pretty that i decided to try henna

Stagecoach
April 22nd, 2008, 07:00 AM
It was definitely Stagecoach. Her sig pics are just gorgeous. I wanted to be able to look at her photoblog, so I joined. Now I'm just waiting to be able to view it...and all the rest because there are so many amazing heads of hair.

Ive admired Nightshade, Stagecoach, AjoifulNoise, and Heavenly Tresses. But as far as the hair Im going for, Id have to say either Morticia or Elle.
The very first hair that made me go :agape: it would be CinnamonHair.

Wow, thanks so much to both of you! I'm so honored.

n3m3sis42
April 22nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
Nightshade and Cinnamon Hair.

...Although I really need to find some "hair idols" that have a more similar hair type to mine.

harley mama
April 22nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Pretty much all of the above, especially Nightshade, Snowymoon, Justgreen and Harleymama.

Thank you so much! :flower:

harley mama
April 22nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
I have gone on, in the last year to love WavestoGrow, gorgeous shapely curls and color, Harley Mama's spirals, Ole Gray Mare's silver hair, Amoretti's smooth brown hair, of course Elle and Hairstorm with their incredible black long hair and Sam-I-Am's incredible red curls.

Thank you, my dear friend. I admire your wonderful curl and bounce. But, I mostly admire your encouragement and friendship! You're beautiful on the inside and outside! :heartbeat :grouphug:

Ladydncing
April 22nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
I have so many idols!!!, but at first it was CurlyBrunette (Happy Birthday) and Midnitecurl :smile:

Jason
April 22nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
My very first hair idol was Celuriel (songofsunlight) both for her hair and her poetic way of expressing things.

Since then there are so many that I've been inspired by. I could never possibly name them all. IMO, Saoirse just has perfect hair in every way. Amoretti's hair is also breathtakingly beautiful and her photographs are exquisite.

Harpgal is such a wonderful person who happens to have the most amazing tresses as well.

I admire frannyg so much both for her beautiful hair and the endless creative ways she styles it. She is gorgeous inside and out.

The list would go on and on!

Arniky
April 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
dont know the idol but any nice looking hair seems an idol

Euphony
April 22nd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Wow thank you Gaelic Girl :flowers: you with your gorgeous curls!

Iylivarae
April 22nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Schnee, Elle, Maid Marian, and Hypnotica for her great haircolour (although it would not suit me).

Edit: Forgot to add Saoirse.

Saoirse
April 22nd, 2008, 01:32 PM
My first inspiring idols were HairyMonster and Saoirse. Such beautiful long silk..
They were the reasons why I signed up here! :D

Ooh, thanks! :D :D :D

ETA: You too, Iylivarae! (Sorry, didn't see you!:wink: An edit for an edit.)
ETAx2: AND OGM and Jason. :flowers: Love you guys :)

birthmarkie
April 22nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
I remember being enthralled by Saoirse's looped braid in her former avatar. So lovely.

Poolsoflaughter
April 22nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Denise, Dianyla, Elle, Amoretti and Maid Marian

Saoirse
April 22nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
I remember being enthralled by Saoirse's looped braid in her former avatar. So lovely.

Eehehe thanks! Maybe I should reinvent that avatar. It had a lot of fans.

ladystar
April 22nd, 2008, 07:48 PM
It's really hard to pick!!!! I love everyones hair.

annarose
April 22nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Mine were Snowymoon and Dulci, and of course they still are :bowtome:

Shell
April 22nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Oh, and Shell's French braid in her siggy was inspiration for me when I was learning how to braid.
ETA: I just remembered Akka naeda too.

Thanks--that's one of my few really good braids! I have that pic in my photo journal now.

Thanks jessie58--you have such beautiful curls!

wavestogrow
April 23rd, 2008, 01:05 AM
My very first idols here were mitabird, snowymoon, and darkwaves. But over the last year or so my list has expanded greatly.
I love (in no particular order)

-Amoretti's perfect strands
-Ladystar's, and Emichiee's silky dark hair.
-I've admired several people's curls like my dear friends jessie58, harley mama, bloop, momma smurf, Tomm, meezer and bowie.
-Frannyg and Bella77's stunning blonde silk
-Igor's thick hair
-long silvery manes like TammySue's and those that have those silvery stripes (I'm sure I will think of you all for inspiration when I start getting silvers)
-NightShade, Arctic, and Kimberlily's red hair
-Searmecarefully, Sam-I-Am, redcelticcurls and mugglemomof3's red curls
-Jason and Little Bird's thick hemline
-Lorig713's very long and thick healthy waves

the list goes on and on.

I've just been inspired by so many heads of gorgeous hair here. I love the variety of beautiful textures and shades, especially if the hair is well cared for.

Thank you Jessie58 and Amoretti! I'm beyond flattered and as you can see we mutually admire each other's hair. :D

DavidN
April 23rd, 2008, 02:57 AM
I have to apologize for not mentioning your hair in my earlier post, Wavestogrow, but you always know how I have always admired your beautiful curls. There are so many beautiful heads of hair here at the LHC, that it is impossible to name everyone.

TammySue
April 23rd, 2008, 03:35 AM
Aww, wavestogrow, how sweet of you to mention my hair. You just made my day! :flowers:

DavidN
April 23rd, 2008, 04:24 AM
Aww, wavestogrow, how sweet of you to mention my hair. You just made my day! :flowers:

And you already know how much I love your silver tresses, Tammy!:flowers:

ladystar
April 23rd, 2008, 05:56 AM
-Amoretti[/B]'s perfect strands

Aww thanks you. I must say your hair is beautiful. =)

TammySue
April 23rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
And you already know how much I love your silver tresses, Tammy!:flowers:

Thank you David! You are very sweet and made my day even brighter!!! :flowers:

AprilElf
April 23rd, 2008, 07:17 AM
The very first who caught my eye and inspired me when I first joined LHC were Dianyla, Beatnik Guy, EdG, and Lady Godiva. :flowers:

Since then, there have been many more gorgeous heads of hair that I have admired - too many to name, but you know who you are, as you are probably on my friends list, or I've commented in your album or blog. :D Thank you all for the inspiration!

Amoretti
April 23rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
Thank you again for mentioning me! I feel incredibly honoured!

Lamb
April 23rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Pretty much all the curlies and wurlies inspired me - I thought I could never have long and curly hair, now I know better!

sibylla
April 23rd, 2008, 12:27 PM
Akka naeda

Her hair is from another world...

Jason
April 23rd, 2008, 12:48 PM
Akka naeda

Her hair is from another world...

I agree. I meant to mention her.

Mi-chan
April 23rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
When I still had black hair, my idol was styg. I loved her think, black hair, it's just SO beautiful!

Now, that I am growing out my natural color from being bald, my idols are Igor (because she did that too) and Maid Marian because she has the same haircolor as I do and her hair is just soooo looong and thick and beautiful! =)

wavestogrow
April 23rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
DavidN, there are so many beautiful heads of hair around here that I am seriously flattered to be on anyone's list (especially since my hair isn't even all that long yet). You know that I was thinking of you when I mentioned the racing stipes. :) I got overwhelmed trying to think of everyone too and I know I left out lots of names. Thank you and (Ladystar) for the kind words about my hair. I really am amazed by all the gorgeous long healthy hair on this site.

granitbaby
April 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
The first one I think of is Autumn.My hair will ever look like hers but it's my dream hair and always will be. Other idols from the beginning are Emichiee and Nigtshade.

EdG
April 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
The very first who caught my eye and inspired me when I first joined LHC were Dianyla, Beatnik Guy, EdG, and Lady Godiva. :flowers:Thank you AprilElf! We both joined LHC around the same time. :)
Ed

GlassEyes
April 24th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I figure I might as well post all my hair idols on LHC (or the ones I can currently remember; doubtless there'll be people I'll miss xD).

Lesse, there's Siamese for growing out her silvler hair and having an amazing journal. Nightshade not only for her awesome hair, but for her hairsticks (which will be the first hair toys I purchase to feed my hair obsession when my hair is long enough for them) and their escriptions (stil love 'em). Then there's FrannyG, who's posts I just like and hair looks like a sheet of golden silk.

Who else? There's Curly Ninja, whose hair is absolutely amazing. It's so shiny and dark and *_*.

Uhhhh...then there's...uh. Darnit. That's all I can remember for now. xD

Xandergrammy
April 24th, 2008, 09:44 AM
My very first hair idol was Autumn. Autumn, are you still around???

vindo
April 24th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Emichee and Toof and Cinnamon Hair and most recently Blueglass. There are so many to admire, but those w/1a-1b hair give me such a huge inspiration.

-- Natalie

Emichiee & Amoretti!

My hair idol was/and still is Emichiee.
And I love Igors hair!

I have a lot of hair idols but the ones that made my jaw drop were Dianyla's mermaid tresses, AmandaPanda's mirror-like hair, Wavestogrow's lovely curls, Emichiee's waterfall of dark, shiny hair, SilverLock's gorgeous grey hair, Capelli Lunghi's amazing knee length locks, Igor's amazingly thick golden hair, Jason's waves, Kleis' thick dark fall, Billie's amazingly natural red locks, Lady Godiva's floor length hair, Little Flower's thick dark locks, Saoirse's stunning dark length, Shell's lovely golden hair with tapering ends, SnowyMoon's wavy mass, Almudena's thick hennaed hair, Styg's gorgeous thick dark hair, and Zift's amazing brown locks.

There are probably more though but just off the top of my head, that's a good list.:D

EmiChiee was the reason I found LHC, I saw her awesome locks on Flickr first. So I decided I wanted to grow my hair long because of her. Then when I saw Nightshade's fabulous hair I decided I HAD to try henna. LOL, you guys have totally changed my whole look! And I love ya for it.

Hairwise, it was Dianyla and Emichee.

Advice and inspiration-wise, it was (and still is) Nightshade and Kimberlily.

Emichee and Amoretti definately :)

My very first ones were Amoretti and Emichiee!

But now there are so many that I can't even count them!

Emichee :)

Thanks to those who mentioned me. Wow!

When I very first came here, my jaw dropped at the sight of Silverlocks, who had exactly what I was aiming for! Also Silverlady was a huge inspiration. Then there were Igor, Emichie, Snowymoon, Justgreen, Carolyn, Amoretti, Nightshade and Saoirse. I know there are many more, and there have been many more since then...I've been completely inspired by so many here whom I haven't mentioned, not just in terms of hair, but wisdom, spirit and heart.

Emi, Elle, Dianyla, Trollypup and BNG to start with...I've quickly become a fan of OP's hair for various reasons...Too many to name, but definitely Emi to start with...We aren't even close to hair twins, but her hair just makes me pause and sigh. :D

My very first idols here were mitabird, snowymoon, and darkwaves. But over the last year or so my list has expanded greatly.
I love (in no particular order)

-Amoretti's perfect strands
-I've admired several people's curls like my dear friends jessie58, harley mama, bloop, momma smurf, Tomm, meezer and bowie.
-Frannyg and Bella77's stunning blonde silk
-Igor's thick hair
-long silvery manes like TammySue's and those that have those silvery stripes (I'm sure I will think of you all for inspiration when I start getting silvers)
-NightShade, Arctic, and Kimberlily's red hair
-Searmecarefully, Sam-I-Am, redcelticcurls and mugglemomof3's red curls
-Jason and Little Bird's thick hemline
-Lorig713's very long and thick healthy waves

the list goes on and on.

The first one I think of is Autumn.My hair will ever look like hers but it's my dream hair and always will be. Other idols from the beginning are Emichiee and Nigtshade.

Wow, I just found this ..I hope I didnt forget anyone. Thank you guys so much for having me as an idol :flowers:
I dont think of my hair as Idol Material at all and too often Im not satisfied with things about it but hearing all those nice things really makes me feel much more positive the whole growing and taking care of my hair thing :)
So cool a few people here found me on flickr..:D

So here are my very first idols :

Autumn
Hairymonster

A while after, I found more and more people whos hair I admire even though they might not have the same hairtype. I would love to comment on everybody but it would probably be really long and cheesy. I usually tell people what I like about their hair in their journals, so I hope they know ;):
Amoretti , Xandergrammy, Little Flower, Cassiopeia, Darkwaves, Styg, Harley Mama, Elle, Unaspenser, Alley Cat, Saoirse...
I know theres more but all I can picture right now is the hair not the name...I might return to add people :o
Emi

Xandergrammy
April 24th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Eehehe thanks! Maybe I should reinvent that avatar. It had a lot of fans.

:waving: I was one of those fans!! I'd love to see it again!

Xandergrammy
April 24th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I find myself admiring those with the long wavy hair. Probably because mine is straight. xandergrammy and spidermom hair is beautiful.

:smooch: Thanks, paper, for making my whole week!!!

Xandergrammy
April 24th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Then it would have to be xandergrammy for her beautiful braids and waves as well as having beautiful hair, a beautiful person in all aspects.

Wow! What a lovely thing to say. Thank you! :flowers:

Sherri
April 24th, 2008, 10:55 AM
This was and still is my first hair idol but so sad i have forgotten her name. Maybe some of you could tell me who she is? I hope she doesn't mind me posting her pic.

<snip>

Mi-chan
April 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
That's Maid Marian, isn't it?^^

Curlsgirl
April 24th, 2008, 12:46 PM
:thud: Don't think I have seen her hair before.

Euphony
April 24th, 2008, 12:50 PM
That's Maid Marian, isn't it?^^
I'm pretty sure you're right, her hair is stunning! It's her hair that made me start rethinking my goal.

AJoifulNoise
April 24th, 2008, 12:57 PM
:thud:

I agree. Wow...

Tresses
April 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Quote:
I read hair journals of certain people regularly, usually hair twins or COers, most all hair idols. These are the journals I frequent: AnaisSatin (LongLocks), LittleFlower, Cowgal, Dianyla, Hairstorm, mitabird, Snowymoon, Butters, Rain, Weaver, Pilgrim, Carolyn, Morticia, Ursula, physicschick, birdiefu, LilyMunster, GlebeGirl, E., Snow White, LadyGrey, peacecat3, dancingmegs, PrettyPolly, wonderlywroughte, Meezer, Speedbump, CurlyBrunette, CurlyKitten, notjomama, joyinc, dulci.
Tresses doesn't have a journal, but I'd read it if she did .

I was in awe of all the lovely heads of hair when I first got here (still am, by the way :gabigrin: ) but Angelic inspired me to grow to mid-thigh.

Other inspirations were Tresses, E, Magpiedee, Igor, Madeleine, Cowgal and a long list of others.

Thank you, icydove and Queenie! :flowers:

My very first hair idols...back when we made our posts with stone and chisel at the old LHL...were Teacherbear, Martine, and Fox for their long and wavy hair. I know I'm forgetting people. It was a long time ago. :o

Reading through this thread and considering current awesome hair, I found myself thinking, "Oh yeah her, too. And him. And her, her, her, her, him, her, him, etc."

:D

Áine
April 24th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Saoirse, Igor, Cicchelle, Starr, Elle... and many, many more.

Sam-I-Am
April 24th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I did just definitely read through this entire thread looking for my name :oops: Thank you, Jessie58 and harleymama for your sweet words!

My first idol was Igor, for sure. I loved her progress pictures.
Willswalk was also one of my first idols - and then was my SHT last round! :D She once posted this beautiful picture of her then tailbone-length curls that has been my inspiration.
Styg was the name I couldn't remember - thank you mi-chan! I just adored her beautiful silky hair.
Finally, Snowymoon's hair is a lot like mine, and she is about 2-3" ahead of me in growth, so it's been very fun to be able to preview what my hair is going to look like at a certain length. She's like my continuous hair idol!

snowbear
April 24th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Dianyla, Lady Godiva, and Rain.

jessie58
April 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I so seldom ever see Willswalk but she has stunning hair and I remember when I first saw it, I was like:agape::thud:

marajade
April 24th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Hmm. . My first Hair idols were Shell, AngelthaDiva, and Beatnik Guy. I would have to say my top four would be heavenlytresses, Avrilon, tigerdawn and Ajoifulnoise. Ajoifulnoise is why I joined, she has been so nice and upbeat and made me want long hair :flowers:

AJoifulNoise
April 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Hmm. . My first Hair idols were Shell, AngelthaDiva, and Beatnik Guy. I would have to say my top four would be heavenlytresses, Avrilon, tigerdawn and Ajoifulnoise. Ajoifulnoise is why I joined, she has been so nice and upbeat and made me want long hair :flowers:

Wow, thank you. I really needed to hear something like that. You're such a sweetheart!

Shell
April 24th, 2008, 08:06 PM

Thank you--we are almost hairtwins!

Billie
April 25th, 2008, 05:49 AM
I can't believe I am people's hairidol! The honour is to great!

When I first came here two people that I really really loved to look at were Dianyla and Veil. But the longer I was hanging out here, the more idols I got. Angelic, Saoirse, WonderlyWroughte and Amoretti, just to name a few of my more recent idols.

Saoirse
April 25th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks, Billie. Love your Klimt avatar, by the way! :flower:

Billie
April 25th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Thanks! I was one of you looped braid-avatar-admirers, btw.
it became one of my signature hairstyles for some time and I still like to wear it from time to time. :)

ChloeDharma
April 25th, 2008, 07:08 AM
There really are far too many to say and i'm nervous of posting names as i know i'll forget some that i meant to include, but i must mention Woodlandnymph, Brunette, Red Jezabel and there are others i can visualise but can't remember the name properly

Now there are just LOADS......really, i'm amazed at the fantastic manes here and quite envious to be honest!

Amoretti
April 25th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Thank you so much, Billie. You're one of mine too.

Patrycja
April 25th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I was blown away by Harpgal, Nightshade,and Snowymoon.I want to be updo compitent(?)like AJN though. I don't know how she does the things she does with her hair!

tiny_teesha
April 25th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I am envious of almost anyones hair! The hair around here is just amazing!!!!
But my first would probably be.....Amoretti....her hair reminds me of my childhood hair so it is an achievable goal.
But there are many many others....like hairstorm, etc that i know i can't even aspire to but admire from afar! I love Emichees hair too! And Mira-chan and Toof too and....(the list goes ON!)

AJoifulNoise
April 25th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I want to be updo compitent(?)like AJN though. I don't know how she does the things she does with her hair!

Why, I have singing little birdies that fly through my window every day and make my updos! Never a hair out of place. :lol:

Beldaran
April 25th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I'm not so sure I ever had a moment where I wished my hair looked like someone else's, however I do know that looking at SnowyMoon and Igor's progress pics, that I'm pretty sure my hair CAN look like theirs, so I certainly have to mention them.

Someday I'll quit being a slacker and post more of my lengths shots so you all can see that we're nearly hair triplets. Infact when Nightshade first saw some of Igor's photos (back when Igor was around waist) she thought it was me for a second. I am honored to be compared to such awesomeness.

Though after meeting Carolyn and AquaViolet in person I do need to add them to the list. Such lovely hair on such lovely ladies. :D

Delenn
April 25th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I'm a hair-fan of Amoretti and AnaisSatin, if only I would "will" my hair to look like theirs!

Amoretti
April 26th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Thank you so much, Tiny Teesha and Delenn!:blossom::blossom:

Elenna
April 26th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Carolyn, Justgreen, Silverlocks, Ole Gray Mare, Spidermom, Harpgal, Frannyg, Epiphanee, SurprisingWoman, Heidi w, Silver Rainbow, Caldonia Sun, JKRBeloved, MemSahib, Frizzinator, Beatnik Guy (absolutely gorgeous hair on a guy), Xandergrammy, etc.

And those with super-long locks like Dianlya, and Lady Godiva, etc.

I see new favorites all the time.

Xandergrammy
April 26th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Carolyn, Justgreen, Silverlocks, Ole Gray Mare, Spidermom, Harpgal, Frannyg, Epiphanee, SurprisingWoman, Heidi w, Silver Rainbow, Caldonia Sun, JKRBeloved, MemSahib, Frizzinator, Beatnik Guy (absolutely gorgeous hair on a guy), Xandergrammy, etc.

Thank you Elenna! :smooch:

SilverLocks
April 26th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Thank you Amoretti, Ole Gray Mare and Elenna! :heartbeat

Jaime
April 26th, 2008, 07:22 PM
My first LHC idols were Avrilon, David and jtl45's awesome braid!. Now, however, my idols are legion! But, I would be hunted down and tortured mercilessly if I failed to mention Amoretti, Morticia, Physicschick, and Getoffmyskittle. :D

8) Jim

justgreen
April 26th, 2008, 08:09 PM
My first LHC idols were Avrilon, David and jtl45's awesome braid!. Now, however, my idols are legion! But, I would be hunted down and tortured mercilessly if I failed to mention Amoretti, Morticia, Physicschick, and Getoffmyskittle. :D

8) Jim

oooooooooooooo I love jtl45's braid! Thanks for reminding me of his hair, it's just so gorgeous!

And thank you Elenna, for such a warm compliment.:)

Amoretti
April 27th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Jaime said:

But, I would be hunted down and tortured mercilessly if I failed to mention Amoretti, Morticia, Physicschick, and Getoffmyskittle.
Jim, you're a riot! Thank you so much!!!

Xandergrammy
April 27th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Silverlocks, you were my inspiration for growing out my silvers and it was mainly because of the profile picture you had at the time. I just have to tell you that your new siggy pic is so beautiful. Looking at it makes me know that I made the right decision. :inlove:

Wanita
April 27th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Lady Grace (TLHS)
Martine (the Loom)
KarenMarie (LHC)

Teacherbear
April 27th, 2008, 11:26 AM
My very first hair idols...back when we made our posts with stone and chisel at the old LHL...were Teacherbear, Martine, and Fox for their long and wavy hair. I know I'm forgetting people. It was a long time ago. :o

I also loved seeing any pictures of Teacherbear, Lisa Janey, Dulci, Equestrian and later, Madeleine, Karen, Fia and Avrilon. I know there are many more I'm not putting down. Lately though, Morticia's hair is really impressive to me.

((((((Tresses and CimarronSun)))))) Yall have totally made my day! Thank you so much! I don't know what to say, I am dumbstruck (and considering my post count that says a lot! LOL ).

I remember the very early days. I loved Martine's, Fox's, and KTs hair and was always amazed at the beauty of those women, inside and out!

Shermie Girl
April 27th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Dancingmegs. We have very similar hair types. And I thought (and still do think) that her hair was just gorgeous. I have gathered in a few more, since then. Dianyla, Alley Cat and Amoretti just to name a few. :D

Saranne772
April 27th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Well there have been many who I have aspired to-

I think nightshade was 1st, then also stagecoach, ohiolisa and frannyg :)

lookingglass
April 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
WonderlyWroughty (sp! sorry) was the first; I can only dream of growing my curls that long!

HeavenlyTresses
April 27th, 2008, 03:20 PM

Aww, Thank You!! :o :)

eresh
April 27th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Hmmm my first were definately MaidMarian and Lady Godiva :)

And thank you Sarahmoon :o:):blossom:

Gumball
April 27th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I think I'll avoid getting specific and just leave it at this: If you were here when I started then it was you. :flower:

Jaime
April 27th, 2008, 07:19 PM
My first LHC idols were Avrilon, David and jtl45's awesome braid!. Now, however, my idols are legion! But, I would be hunted down and tortured mercilessly if I failed to mention Amoretti, Morticia, Physicschick, and Getoffmyskittle. :D Oh, I almost forgot the lone Green Bay Packer fan in the British Isles - Tabitha!:cheese:

8) Jim

Darian Moone
April 27th, 2008, 08:10 PM
My very first hair idols were: Elle, Harpgal and JessicaTrapp. Stunning locks!

young&reckless
April 28th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Spidermom until she pulled that faux bob trick, I amost threw up for a second.

Oh well, I still covet her hair.

epiphanee
April 28th, 2008, 03:58 PM
My first was Beatnik Guy (wonderful tawny waves), then Silverlocks.

I am also inspired by the wondrous locks of Maid Marian and SongofSunlight (Celuriel).

Elle
April 29th, 2008, 11:28 AM
WritingPrincess, Skitts, Stagecoach, Tabs, Ohio Sky, Nastasska, Snowbird, Angelthadiva, HeavenlyTresses, SisterChristian, Gaelic Girl, Iylavarae, Poolsoflaughter, Emi, Áine and Darian Moone -

Awww... :o Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You all have made my day! I'm speechless! :grouphug: :flowers: And for those of you who mentioned them, Mothra and Michiko thank you too! http://www.swimmingwithmothra.com/images/public/HappyHappy.gif

Sofoulee
April 29th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Saoirse was my hair idol, even though she has straight hair and I have curly. She was the first person that I had seen with extremely long, yet healthy hair. That was an inspiration.

Hypnotica
April 29th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Schnee, Elle, Maid Marian, and Hypnotica for her great haircolour (although it would not suit me).

Edit: Forgot to add Saoirse.

Now I'm getting teary....*sniffels* THANK YOU!

My idols were (and still is)

- Elle
- Nightshade
- Vivane
- Rain
- Pegasus Masters

They are gorgeous, becuase of who they are.

JasmineDaisy
April 30th, 2008, 02:22 PM
My hair idols are Cinnamon Hair, Emichiee, Elle, Amoretti, and Snowy Moon. Just to name a few. :flowers:

Leisha
April 30th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I think my first hair idols were AnaisSatin and Dianyla, and later Amoretti. There were probably more but I forget :o

Saoirse
April 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Saoirse was my hair idol, even though she has straight hair and I have curly. She was the first person that I had seen with extremely long, yet healthy hair. That was an inspiration.

Thank you very much. :flowers: :)

redhead_rachel
April 30th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Nightshade and Cinnamon Hair. Amoretti was (and is) my updo idol :)

EDIT- and how could I forget Saoirse? Her hair inspired me to keep going :)
April Elf is a recent idol- her braids are gorgeous!!!

and there are probably many, many more. I think everyone in the LHC has inspired me in someway, primarily because of their dedication and commitment to growing long hair, no matter what length they are currently at. And the LHC is a lovely, kind, warm bunch of people that I am glad to have found :grouphug:

Tap Dancer
April 30th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I've been here since 2004 so it's not easy to remember everyone. In fact, I can only remember a few: Katrine (who I followed over from LHL but she doesn't post anymore), Spiffy (who also doesn't post anymore), and woodlandnymph.

There are sooo many people who's hair I admire right now. I don't want to make a list because I'd miss names but I'm totally drooling over HollowHannah's hair. Wow! :love:

Butters
April 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Ahh thanks for the mentions. :o

I remember Avrilon had a sig with a bunch of different updos that was amazing when I first joined and that stuck with me.

Also Woodlandnymph and Roux. Ooh and Wonderly, though I could never have those curls.

DaveDecker
April 30th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Thank you, EdG! :)

I can't recall my first LHC hair idol. However, so very many of you all have enviable hair. It's also interesting to see the shorter-to-longer progressions some have taken on their journeys -- in a way, their examples can serve as inspiration and proof that beautiful long hair can be achieved, no matter the starting point.

jenny'sdreaming
April 30th, 2008, 09:26 PM
My very first hair idol was Snowymoon, for having the long wavy hair I always wished I had. My current hair idol is probably Ole Gray Mare for having the beautiful long silvery hair I hope I can someday have. But that's not to say there aren't 100's more with beautiful hair as well, those are just the first two to come to mind.

Amoretti
May 1st, 2008, 05:45 AM
Thank you very, very much for all the mentions!:blossom::blossom:

AutumnLeaves
May 1st, 2008, 07:17 AM
I have to say WavesToGrow, Darkwaves, and definitely HarpGal too.

chelles2kids
May 1st, 2008, 07:59 AM
Defiantely a tie for me-Elle & Hairstorm!!!
There are some amazing heads of hair on LHC, but they were the two that have similar hair types as myself. So I followed their journals closely, while learning how to begin caring for my own hair.

But I have lots of inspiration from different people here.

Michelle

mitabird
May 1st, 2008, 01:25 PM
Thank you Icydove and Wavestogrow for the mention!

I've been a lurker for a long time, but I remember falling in love with CurlyBrunette and Rain's hair. Once I saw Wonderlywroughte's hair, I wanted to grow my hair to classic too.

There are many others that I admire as well.

Velvettt
May 2nd, 2008, 11:29 PM
I think of a "hair idol" as someone whose hair inspires me to care for and grow my own. So, apologies to the stunningly beautiful dark hairs and curlies, but my hair idols are the ones I might someday resemble:
Justgreen
Elyce
Shell
Harpgal

Dianyla is not on my list because even I cannot dream that big!

SilverLocks
May 2nd, 2008, 11:57 PM
Silverlocks, you were my inspiration for growing out my silvers and it was mainly because of the profile picture you had at the time. I just have to tell you that your new siggy pic is so beautiful. Looking at it makes me know that I made the right decision. :inlove:

I remember that fondly. "Silence is Silver" ;)

:love:

SilverLocks
May 2nd, 2008, 11:59 PM
My first was Beatnik Guy (wonderful tawny waves), then Silverlocks.

I am also inspired by the wondrous locks of Maid Marian and SongofSunlight (Celuriel).

Wow, I find it amazing you put me in the same sentence as Beatnik Guy, who is one of my hair idols. I thank you. :heartbeat

Cinnamon Hair
May 3rd, 2008, 01:20 AM
My first hair idol was Martine and her vacation beach pics, and the superstar maximas...ooooh la la. There are a few others from LHL but I can't remember their names. Particularly the one who was measuring her hair by the back tattoo. Anyone wanna help find a name?

LifeisAdventure
May 3rd, 2008, 04:16 AM
Wow, so it took me forever to get back to this thread! Xanthippe, thanks for the link - she does have gorgeous hair! - but that's not who I was thinking of... it's killing me not to remember!

Stagecoach
May 3rd, 2008, 08:08 AM
Well there have been many who I have aspired to-

I think nightshade was 1st, then also stagecoach, ohiolisa and frannyg :)

Wow, thank you so much Saranne! :flowers: You just made my day!

nomadhome
May 3rd, 2008, 09:04 AM
Amoretti-- not only is her hair lovely, her photos are inspiring and our types and natural colors are similar enough that it helps me imagine my hair longer.

boukje
May 3rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Mine were definetely cortese, physiks chick (did I spell this ok, sorry if I'm wrong :o), and harpgal and the most perfect hair for me was the hair of lady godiva

I still love their har :hollie:

thunderlilies
May 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Celuriel (song of sunlight) was one of my first inspirations, as well as cowgal - and I can't remember if there was anybody else.

lirael
May 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Nightshade. I stumbled across a picture of her hair long ago on Google image search and recognized her when I came to this site!

Shell
May 6th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Velvett--thank you!