PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here!

beachwaves
October 4th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Hello hair lovers,
I have been looking at this site for quite some time now. My hair used to be tailbone length and a couple years ago I decided to cut it BSL and hightlight it and it got very damaged. My hair is wavy/frizzy so it doen't take well to the chemicals. I decided to cut off the damage to shoulder length and stop highlighting it. I am longing for my long hair now...I miss is so much :(

I started a new washing routine tonight to try and lift my spirits. I did CWC for the first time and I am letting it airdry before bed. It feels really soft so far but it is not all the way dry yet.

Well I hope to find some friends and suppor on here ;)

little_acorn
October 4th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Hello *waves*

welcome to the LHC :flower:

KaasKnot
October 4th, 2009, 11:30 PM
CWC is a good place to start. Good luck!

friskybiznus
October 5th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Welcome!! There is a lot of support and information here. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Best wishes in regrowing your hair!

Aer
October 5th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Welcome! If your wanting to find alternatives to chemicals (for hair care), this is a great place for info, resources, and support. Good luck on growing you hair out!

Charlotte
October 5th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Welcome to LHC. I recently joined and have found so much info on hair care that I'd never heard of before. I haven't used shampoo in my hair for about 4 months now and my hair is loving it. :D

georgia_peach
October 5th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Welcome beachwaves! You've found a great site for your goals!

maaria
October 5th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Welcome :D

whiteisle
October 5th, 2009, 05:16 AM
:waving: Welcome! :blossom:

katydid317
October 5th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Welcome! I'm a newbie as well.

beachwaves
October 5th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks everyone for all of your responses to my last post! I wan't expecting anyone to respond :D! What a nice surprise...

Well, after I woke up this morning my hair felt super soft and shiny! yeah! My CWC was a success last night. I threw it up in a claw clip and I plan on trying to wear it up a lot so that it stays in healthy condition...

Anyone have any suggestions on caring for wavy/frizzy hair? What about supplements? I am taking a multi-vitamin and Biotin.

gibsongirl71
October 5th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Hi and welcome!!!! This site is great. Every time I get tempted by a new haircut I just check in here and the urge goes away.

Arniky
October 8th, 2009, 08:14 AM
hope it gets longer/healtheir

JamieLeigh
October 9th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Welcome to LHC! :flower: I'm sure you'll find lots of support here for whatever ails your hair. Lol, we have folks from all different lengths, textures and walks of life here. I'm sure you'll fit right in! :)

beachwaves
October 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Welcome to LHC! :flower: I'm sure you'll find lots of support here for whatever ails your hair. Lol, we have folks from all different lengths, textures and walks of life here. I'm sure you'll fit right in! :)

Thanks for the encouragement! :pumpkin:

jera
October 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Hi beachwaves.

Welcome to LHC. Another CO washer and air drier here. I'm sure you'll soon find it beneficial. :)

shortgoinglong
October 11th, 2009, 07:32 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I am growing out a bad pixie and would love to be at shoulder length right now. Welcome!

Amara
October 11th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Welcome! I'm sure you'll get back to your goal length in no time! Happy growing! The good news is, with recent experience with dye and damage, and now a fresh start, you might not be tempted along the way repeat your mistakes, so you'll make it long all the sooner!

clairenewcastle
October 11th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Welcome to LHC!
Like you I cut off my hair due to damage and am now at shoulder length so I understand your hair journey. With the advice and support here you'll soon reach your target length.

YoginiCelestial
October 11th, 2009, 07:55 PM
:)Hi beachwaves!:)
from one North Carolinian to another!