PDA

View Full Version : Towel Wrapped Head!

LittleOrca
October 4th, 2009, 09:29 PM
So I have found this new way of wrapping my towel around my hair so that it stays put. I have been wearing it like this for probably about a month now and it wrings out my hair out nicely. :) Tonight though... my fiance snapped a picture and, well, I couldn't not let you all see it and deny your chance to laugh at it. :lol: Enjoy! :D

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/zHair%20Journal%20Private/IMG_2770.jpg
(Can you tell it was a warm shower? Don't worry, my hair got a cold rinse before I got out.)

Ven
October 4th, 2009, 09:32 PM
That is adorable! How do you do it?!

ericthegreat
October 4th, 2009, 09:37 PM
OMFG that is just too cute LittleOrca! I love the Disney ears!

teela1978
October 4th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Its like one of those medieval hat things!!! You look like a queen :)

LittleOrca
October 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM
That is adorable! How do you do it?!

It's a little hard to explain, but I will give it a shot. :)

I put my towel over my shoulders and pull my hair so it's over top of it. Then I take the bottom corners of the towel and fold it up and over my head so it's like a little C shape with my hair inside it. I then pull the sides over to the front, twist them in opposite directions so I look something like this image of Sif (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_M2Cvj22ZTf0/STl6HcuHOQI/AAAAAAAAAmY/OlFCbLqOYrQ/s400/Gudinnan+Sif,+Jenny+Nystr%C3%B6m.jpg)(as in her hair, not her hair covering.) When the towel is twisted I wrap them up over my head, they turn into little "buns" or "ram horns." If the towel is long enough I can just tie it together, if not then I use a Scrunchie or hair elastic to tie the ends together and TADA! Towel head. :)

AnnaMarie
October 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Princess Leia!

AJoifulNoise
October 4th, 2009, 10:04 PM
That's really awesome!

Also, wanted to take a moment to say you have really pretty eyes. :flower:

fluffybunny
October 4th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Awesome! I sense a new LHC trend... towel-dos!

julya
October 4th, 2009, 10:18 PM
I read your directions about 8 times, and I still don't quite get it. I vote for a tutorial! :) And I think that you look very cute in your towel wrap!

Shermie Girl
October 4th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Your towel wrap rocks. It looks cute on you and much more interesting than my boring little turbie. :D

beachwaves
October 4th, 2009, 10:24 PM
How neat! I wish my hair was long enough to even try that! ha...maybe someday...

LisaB234
October 4th, 2009, 10:37 PM
What a beautiful picture - seriously - LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing! I wish I looked so good in a towel! ;-)

beachwaves
October 4th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Very Cool! I wish my hair was long enough to attempt that!

longhairedfairy
October 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Hey, it looks like some kind of seashell! ETA: I mean with all the little folds and stuff on the side parts, like the swirly bits on certain types of shells. Know what I mean?

LittleOrca
October 4th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I read your directions about 8 times, and I still don't quite get it. I vote for a tutorial! :) And I think that you look very cute in your towel wrap!

I will make a video. :)

little_acorn
October 4th, 2009, 11:04 PM

Yipeee - I need visual instructions too :D

friskybiznus
October 5th, 2009, 12:48 AM
That so rocks!

julya
October 5th, 2009, 01:13 AM

Yay! You are wonderful!

Newniepg
October 5th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Very cool! I second the need for towel do's on the LHC, prizes to the person with the craziest towel!

:)

Chrissy
October 5th, 2009, 04:12 AM
I second the Princess Leah!!

whiteisle
October 5th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Love it! I was thinking seashells, too. How appropiate! :D

aries
October 5th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Eeee, can't wait to see the tutorial. I want to try it and see what the hubby and kids say lol. They are always cracking jokes about my nighttime or morning hair, sometimes a floppy bun on top of my head heh. I would love to do this after a wash and make them laugh or think I'm super artistic with a towel woot.

Vrushali
October 5th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Your are too cute for your own good LittleOrca :p...the towel head reminds me of Princess Leia

HotRag
October 5th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Ah, I think I do the same with my towel, except I dont put it up and back.
I tie the twisted ends together in front of me. My CH says it looks like something Egyptian :)

didrash
October 5th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Princess Leia!

I thought the same thing when I saw her!

Rohele
October 5th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Princess Leia!

lol - I thought "Queen Amidala". You look very cute LittleOrca!

pepperminttea
October 5th, 2009, 09:17 AM

Hurray! :)

LittleOrca
October 5th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Alright, so here is the video. I didn't talk through it, I figured the visual was enough. :) I hope this makes sense. :D

The Princess Leia/Sea Shell Towel Wrap
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne-ZF2F7nvE)
Note: My hair looks redder than it really is. My editing software likes to turn my hair red for some reason. :shrug: It may also need a few more minutes before the video is at HD quality since it was just uploaded.

ETA: Unfortunatly, Youtube has decided to pair this video up with some that have some negative words in it. To prevent seeing these words, pause the video before it ends. Sorry about that. :)

halo_tightens
October 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Yay, thanks LittleOrca!! It's so much easier to just see it done.

Too bad I just washed last night... but I'm definitely trying this version next time! I've been doing the same old turban since I was a kid. Time for something new! :)

paperwhite
October 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Thank you for posting a video, that really helped me understand how to do it! I'm going to try it the next time I wash my hair. :)

Delila
October 5th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Too cute! Thanks for sharing the video.

ambychelle
October 5th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Thank you!

I use to bend over and use a turbie twist type towel on my hair. But then I started to pay attention to how I handled my hair while it was wet and it only took once to realize that it would tangle really badly when I took it down. My hair is realtivly tangle free out of the shower but the turbie just doesn't work well without turning upside down to put it on.

I'm going to give this a try to help get my hair dry a little faster than the six hours it's taking when I just pat it dry with a towel and then leave it alone.

Shastrix
October 5th, 2009, 04:25 PM
That is really clever! It looks very stable and kind to the neck. :applause

Thanks for taking the time to make the instructional video. :)

bushytailed
October 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
you are just precious!

Coriander
October 5th, 2009, 05:39 PM
That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... it looks completely comfortable though! I'm going to try this tonight when I wash. :D Thank you for your technique!

little_acorn
October 5th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks littleorca - I am so trying this next time I wash :flower:

julya
October 5th, 2009, 07:12 PM
That video was very helpful, thanks! I will give it a try tonight!

Nyghtingale
October 5th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Oh, I love it. Gonna go try it. Thanks.

Ven
October 5th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Thank you for posting the video. I have tried it already, but I need some practice for it to feel secure.

~Ven

PseudoScot
October 5th, 2009, 08:51 PM
What a great idea. The video is great. You are so cute in the pic and video. Thanks for doing that.

AnnaMarie
October 5th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, I am definately trying it on wash day. BTW your bathroom is such a pretty colour and I love the stars too :p

Charlotte
October 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Little Orca, this really is the sweetest towel wrap I have ever seen - you are too cute! Thanks for the tutorial too - I'm going to try this out the next time I wash. :D

forgetmenotak
October 5th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I'm going to have to try this out too! Thank you for sharing- it is too cute!

Roseate
October 5th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Very cute!

When I 'plop' my hair I get a similar big-ear effect, plus of course the mushroom on top where my hair is. I use a white flour-sack towel, and I admit to imagining it's a Marie Antoinette wig at times. ;)

julya
October 6th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I did this towel wrap last night, and it worked! Mine was a bit plain since I just used a white towel and lopsided, I will keep practicing!

LittleOrca
October 7th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I did this towel wrap last night, and it worked! Mine was a bit plain since I just used a white towel and lopsided, I will keep practicing!

Woot woot!

I love how the towel will soak up the water but it does not feel too heavy on the neck. That and you don't have to worry about turning your head one way or the other and it falling off like a towel twisted up like a turban would. At least that is my experience. :)

JamieLeigh
October 9th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Haha, I love it - it's like Leia's cinnamon buns, but with a towel instead of hair. :D :D I shall have to try this.

LaurelSpring
October 9th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks for posting the video. I am definately going to try this. I was looking for optional ways of wrapping the towel so I dont have to flip my head over.

Jessikinz
October 9th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks so much for posting a tutorial! I've been trying different ways to wear a towel on my head, but nothing would stay in place. I'm going to try this soon.

Dreamernz
October 9th, 2009, 12:31 PM
loooool what a great and inventive way to dry your hair :D

little_acorn
October 9th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I tried it and loved it - thanks little_orca

:puppykisses:

Bunnyhare
October 9th, 2009, 05:50 PM
that is so fun and you are just beautiful, queen little orca!
I vote for tutorial also!!

LittleOrca
October 9th, 2009, 05:53 PM
that is so fun and you are just beautiful, queen little orca!
I vote for tutorial also!!

Got one here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne-ZF2F7nvE), Bunny :)

angelthadiva
October 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM
This is so cool and you are SO stinking cute!! OMG! :) Thank you for taking the time to post a video. A picture/video is worth a thousand words...I can't wait until I wash tomorrow so I can try it out. :thumbsup:

Bunnyhare
October 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Thank you for the video, i am such a visual learner! It looks alot more comfy than on top of the head too, next washing i am going to try it and let you know how i do..not sure i am brave enough to post pics in a towel though!:0)

Luckysock
October 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Thats adorable!

RadiantNeedle
September 22nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
Oooh! I must try this! Looks like it will be very gentle on the hairline, which is where I get a lot of tugging discomfort with the standard towel-turban style.

Maddy25
September 22nd, 2010, 09:45 AM
eep it is so cute! I want to try tonight, I will watch your video, thank you :)

missfortune9335
September 22nd, 2010, 05:57 PM
I'm sporting this look right now! Thanks for the tip, and the video Little Orca :)

shawty
September 22nd, 2010, 06:24 PM
*squee!*
So cute!
Someday I'll have long hair and I will revisit this thread to get the details of how to make this wrap. Seems very useful.

jeanniet
September 22nd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Love the wrap, and you look just adorable in it. Cute as a button (you'd probably like something more mature than that, but seriously, SO cute).

Irnann
September 23rd, 2010, 04:06 AM
Great!
I love it!!!!

Karmi
December 10th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Ahaa! Very nice. Thanks for the video, it helps out so much! Can't wait to try this. I went to using a standard towel, to old tshirts, but the weight still hurt my neck. I'll try your method!

milagro
December 10th, 2010, 01:49 AM
That's a do! :) You're so cute.

Its like one of those medieval hat things!!! You look like a queen :) my thought exactly.
Maybe those were towels, too? No blowdryers in that era. We think they were smart and luxurious and they were just drying their hair :D

sherigayle
December 10th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I'm so glad this was bumped up. I'm going to try this tonight. It looks so comfortable.

Laurenji
December 10th, 2010, 09:07 AM
This looks like fun. I will try it tomorrow when I wash my hair again. (It will also probably make my hubby laugh at me, but then he laughs at me a lot for things that I do to my hair.) Thanks for the video. :D