PDA

View Full Version : Winter shed anyone?

lora410
October 4th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I live in Florida and it is still in the 80's and 90's here (dodges snowballs) and my hair is shedding like CRAZY. I am thinking it is a winter time shed? Maybe our hair knows when seasons change if only slightly? This happens every winter and summer...ehhh. Anyone else dealing with shedding like mad and find hair EVERYWHERE lately?

Wanita
October 4th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Every September/October I shed like mad. That's my seasonal shedding. I hate it.

whiteisle
October 4th, 2009, 08:13 PM
ME! Of course, I think mine's mixed in with postpartum shedding so maybe I'm getting a double whammy....great! :rolleyes: And yes, they are everywhere!

Speckla
October 4th, 2009, 08:15 PM
No fall or winter shed here. It's still in the 70s and 80s. No dodging snowball either. It only snows every five years or so.

aahavaa
October 4th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Me!! I was actually asking a long haired frind of mine about this before..if this carries on Im going to go bald! LOL..I dont know if it happens every year and its only now that Im noticing it or what.But Im glad Im not the only one..maybe it is a seasonal thing hopefully..

Bellona
October 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Hmm I wondered what was going on with me! I even took extra vitamins because I was shedding so much that my mother was complaining about blonde hairs being all over after I left her house.

Ven
October 4th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Yes, I am shedding fistfulls of hair everytime I touch it right now. :(

~Ven

Cereus
October 4th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Me too. I was almost starting to worry about it.

hmmruka
October 4th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I had a postpartum shed in june but I haven't noticed anything quite yet.

redfirecherryop
October 4th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Yes! I have been like crazy also! I vaccum more and notice it on the bathroom floor and in the shower.Hate it! Im worse than cat shedding fur! :(

motormuffin
October 4th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Is that what is happening? Why have I never noticed the seasonal part of it before? My husband thinks something is wrong with me.

Little_Bird
October 5th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I had the Autumn shedding in September, altough I really tought I used to have the shed in October/November... I can't really tell much now, because I've been washing more often (scalp treatment related) but I really think it slowed down a lot now...

Do not worry... seasonal shedding is normal and will go away :flower:

aries
October 5th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I've noticed a pick up on mine as well. It should be short lived but I hate it all the same. I never know if it's my seasonal or my thyroid telling me to go get checked again. Right now I think it's seasonal but I do have one in spring to so not sure. Ok, I'm confused lol...still tracking in my journal when it comes to my sheds.

MimiKeki
October 5th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Thank god I'm not alone. I've been silently panicking about my hair, especially when I go in the shower.
I've just come back from Egypt, and whilst I was there, my hair was in the best condition it's ever been in, as soon as I came back to the Autumn weather, alot of my hair started shedding.

Hopefully it really is just a seasonal thing..

Mutinous
October 5th, 2009, 06:43 AM
I've noticed mine shedding more. Though, as crazy as it sounds I think it is linked to the fact I stopped thinning my hair out, and its getting a lot thicker, and maybe it just can't cope with it! :P

lora410
October 5th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Glad I am not the only one. Like everyone else I was worried about my hair thinning too much :)

wimitlee
October 5th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Oh...this thread is such a huge comfort to me because I have been shedding up a storm...and I don't like sharing my hair with the floor, the back of my shirt, etc!

3azza
October 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
i get hair clumps each time i touch my hair, i think it has to do with seasons changing. i hope it ends soon, coz the longest hairs fall the most.

wonhwa
October 5th, 2009, 08:09 PM
oh yes, me too. Florida has nothing to do with it; it is autumn and hair is falling like leaves around this house. Still warm out, but notice the length of the days is shorter, and that's what triggers shedding, migration of birds, and leaves turning brown. (the hummingbirds left last month, now we are waiting for the robins to arrive)
But even though this happens every year, it is just always sort of a panic. My husband says I better not get CSI after me, as I am dropping DNA all over the place with every hair I throw out!

Monsterkitti
October 6th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Yes, big shedding! Hopefully it'll slow down soon, everytime I take a hairdo down I loose a hamster size clump of hairs :(

Elvi
October 6th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Well I never heard about a problem like this, even if winter here can be pretty cold.

FallenAngel
October 6th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I shed like mad also, so this thread is actually very comforting to read. I was about to give up my long hair project...

lora410
October 7th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Well, it seems my shed finally slowed..whew

Arriens
October 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
it is still in the 80's and 90's here (dodges snowballs) and my hair is shedding like CRAZY.And then to think that I allready sweat like a pig when the temp shows 20+ :p

But yes, I also do suffer from winter shed" (and a 200% hairgrowth in lenght :D )

clairenewcastle
October 7th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I don't seem to suffer from seasonal shedding but I do shed a lot every time I shampoo my hair. Lately I've been stretching washes as much as possible in order to combat this - so far it seems to be working.

Yozhik
October 7th, 2009, 08:02 PM
We're just getting our winter coats ;)
My hair's shedding, too -- mostly in the shower . . .

lora410
October 8th, 2009, 11:46 AM
And then to think that I allready sweat like a pig when the temp shows 20+ :p

But yes, I also do suffer from winter shed" (and a 200% hairgrowth in lenght :D )

No fair about the length..LOL

MirandaWelch
October 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I shed a lot all the time, so I guess I never paid much attention to see if I were shedding more than normal.

motormuffin
October 8th, 2009, 02:02 PM
My husband says he didn't remember us getting a shag carpet in the bathroom and could I please return it...it keeps getting stuck between his toes.

Darkhorse1
October 8th, 2009, 02:06 PM
ME! I'm not shedding as much as I have in the past, but I am definately in a 'shed phase'. Freaks me out still.

GoddesJourney
October 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I was thinking about this last night because I was really cold when I got in the shower. I've been shedding more lately because I've been showering with hotter water.

MirandaWelch
October 8th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I was thinking about this last night because I was really cold when I got in the shower. I've been shedding more lately because I've been showering with hotter water.
Really? Well that makes me want to cry. I shed tons and I'd love to know how to get that under control, but I can't give up my steaming showers :cry: