PDA

View Full Version : I wish all shampoos and conditioners came in sample sizes.

ambychelle
October 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
It gets pricey trying to find a product that suits my scalp.

Wishful thinking I know ya'll can relate too.

That is all :D

GlassEyes
October 4th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Maybe shampoos.

Conditioners, I don't know if there's any one that I could use a sample amount of. I just use too much. Maybe something b Aubrey Organics, but not anything else. xD;

Naamah
October 4th, 2009, 06:47 PM
xD I would have to buy a few sample sizes of conditioner for one wash, I use so much!

clairenewcastle
October 4th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I agree with you on this Ambychelle - being faced with a large bottle of something you may have to bin after a few uses is a complete waste of money.
Manufacturers please take note!

pineapples
October 4th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Maybe shampoos.

Conditioners, I don't know if there's any one that I could use a sample amount of. I just use too much. Maybe something b Aubrey Organics, but not anything else. xD;

I think almost all companies offer samples of their products if you call and ask. I have to be super careful of my skin so I always ask for samples. Glasseyes made a good point. I would use it all in one setting and still need more. :boohoo:

bigevilgrape
October 4th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Do you have a discount store like Ocean State Job Lot that has for whatever reason gotten a bargin on a product? I get a lot of personal care stuff there and its usually a little cheaper then buying it at the normal store.

heatherdazy
October 4th, 2009, 09:45 PM
They pretty much all do, at least, all salon products do. They are just difficult to find.

Aries_jb
October 4th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Same here! I love to experiment with different conditioners and the ones I don't like I use as shave cream. Well, now I have about four bottles of shave cream, which to me is crazy! Samples would be great for me regardless of the size, just so I can smell them. I've had a thing about scent lately and that's why I don't like most of my conditioners...I can't get past the smell.

heatherdazy
October 4th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Why don't you just smell them before you buy them...?

prittykitty
October 4th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I go to a salon where if you buy products that don't work you can bring them back and get either store credit or a refund. They do have a limit as to how often you can do this though. It took me trying about 3 different kinds of conditioners until I found a few that work on my hair. The Pumpkin Potion leave in conditioner works great on my hair. I also like the Design Line Hydrating balm.

BunnyBee
October 5th, 2009, 02:47 AM
YES! I was just thinking this yesterday when I used my sample size Burt's Bees s&c. I don't really think I want to use anything else now though! :inlove:

maaria
October 5th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Yes, it´s hard to find something that feels alright for your hair! Now I bought Wella for colored hair, It said that it brings more to your hair,hmm, havent feel that yet!!?

julliams
October 5th, 2009, 04:50 AM
My local Salon also offered me a full refund when I bought their Tigi curl range. That was when I was using cones and had no idea it was the reason I had such an itchy scalp and dandruff. Needless to say the Tigi curl stuff continued to contribute to my dandruff and the salon happily refunded me in full after a month of trying it and other products on and off. I was very impressed with this as it allowed me to find out if the product was good for me. In this case it wasn't but I could have loved it and kept it.

Juliette

Aer
October 5th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I know how you feel. I was thinking about that a while back. There was this leave in hair oil at the natural food store, and it was pricey. I don't want to straight out buy it, and discover it doesn't work for me. I really wish that most companies ALWAYS had samples. I know a lot do, it just seems that the ones that I would really like to try are very expensive, and do not carry samples.:panda:

aries
October 5th, 2009, 06:19 AM
I am on the wagon here to. Or the one that drives me crazy is you buy the shampoo and conditioner and the shampoo is so much bigger than the conditioner hah. Make it the other way around darn it.

Aries_jb
October 5th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Why don't you just smell them before you buy them...?

I order online mostly.

Buddaphlyy
October 5th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Maybe because I live in larger metropolitan city, but I've never had problems finding samples. I get free samples from my neighborhood bss and I can buy samples for less than $2 at Target or the grocery store. I also know Ulta sells samples sizes of most salon products for less than $5. Sephora will give you a free sample also if you ask for. Not to mention most companies offer samples on their website. I seriously can make several half size products from the number of samples I have.

freecelt
October 5th, 2009, 09:50 PM
More than shampoo and conditioner, I wish styling products came in samples. Then I'd know whether or not to buy $5 some gel that's going to make my hair feel like straw :( :D

redneckprincess
October 6th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I have thought and probally said the same exact thing!!

rchorr
October 6th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Amen to that! I've wished that for YEAERS!!!! Especially for the VERY expensive ones. I'm afraid to count the partially used bottles of shampoo and conditioner in my house! :shocked: I'm for SURE would NOT tell my DH exactly how many there are! LOL! :lipssealed:

RCHORR'