PDA

View Full Version : scalp better after coloring?

Brat
October 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I have had the itchy scalp and dandruff for a while now. Can't pinpoint any changes, except hormonal. Getting off the pill. But, after my hair was colored, the dandruff and itches stopped for a couple of weeks. Is this normal? Is there something in color that stops some scalp issue?

ambychelle
October 4th, 2009, 06:45 PM
You know, when I have it done at a salon, the same thing is true for me. All I can imagine is that it strips the scalp really well so your scalp is super clean.

But, when I did home hair color a couple of months ago, my scalp has itched like crazy and felt tight and sort of like my hair is pokey every since. Who knows :rolleyes:.

karenpetal
October 4th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hey Brat,

I have had this itcthy scalp thing for a couple of months now - did you take any medication of just coloring changed the situation.

I have also read due to hormonal change some type of sebum being accumulated at roots causes this issue and regualr scalp wash helps !!

Thanks for posting this

CaityBear
October 4th, 2009, 08:06 PM
When I use henna, I notice my scalp gets less itchy. When I used to use chemical dyes, it would burn my scalp.

heatherdazy
October 4th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Color does act as a clarifier for a super oily scalp.

Brat
October 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I use shampoo and conditoner about twice a week. I get my scalp pretty well, because that's what gets a little oily and makes me decide to wash it. I don't like to clarify often, but maybe I'll try it, just to see...

curlywurlygurly
October 4th, 2009, 10:04 PM
heatherdazy: Wow thanks for your information. When I use to colour my hair, I always found it was less itchy and my scalp felt cleaner afterwards. I'd never contributed it to the colouring, but rather the washing technique employed (hand held shower nozzle thing - not sure on name?)

brat: i feel your pain, itchy scalps are a nightmare. Mine usually flares up with hormones and stress. Exams are always a prime time for an itchy scalp. I find it helpful to massage my anti-itch skin lotion (I checked the ingredients were ok because I don't use sulphates) into my scalp, helps to reduce the inflammation and the itching.