PDA

View Full Version : From the inside out beautiful hair?

jera
October 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM
For those of us who take vitamins and supplements to help us grow healthier more beautiful hair, I've got a question.

What is your #1 favorite vitamin or supplement? and what do you feel it does for your hair? :confused:

For me it's iron. Since I'm anemic anyway, (TMI heavy periods), iron realy helps stop sheddies dead in their tracks every time. Sometimes I think I can get away with taking less, but no way. I'll end up with strands of hair littering the floor everytime. And it's so great to experience a day with not a single strand lost.

Yup, for me iron is the number 1 hair vitamin. :D

Melisande
October 4th, 2009, 03:20 PM
MSM. No question. I have no idea how it works, but it has really helped my hair stay in place longer.

No empirical evidence, only gut feeling though.

squiggyflop
October 4th, 2009, 03:28 PM
um well i was getting 2-3inches of growth per month with natrol skin hair nails vitamins (i was also taking a knockoff centrum every day)..
i had such fast growth from this.. plus i was shedding less..

the natrol ones tasted yucky though.. gross.. but they worked
unfortunatly my nails grew very fast too.. i had to take off my acrilic nails because i kept having to fill them every few days

friskybiznus
October 4th, 2009, 03:34 PM
My multi-vitamin and biotin. Less shed and my hair feels stronger! They are my must-haves!

Allegra
October 4th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Brewers yeast, hands down the best hair supplement for me.

shadowclaw
October 4th, 2009, 05:32 PM
It's hard to say, because I take quite a few! However, the first one I took was biotin, which I took along with a multivitamin for a month or two before I added more supplements. I immediately noticed a change in my growth rate. I went from the usual 1/2 inch per month to almost a full inch.

windinherhair
October 4th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I have only been taking a women's daily multi vitamin and fish oil capsule and I have been happy with my hair results. This was the same thing I was taking even before I was focusing on hair growth. I tried Biotin for a while, but decided to stop after a while when I was trying to clear up my skin.

jera
October 4th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Brewers yeast, hands down the best hair supplement for me.

Allegra, that's my second favorite. And I must add, vitamin E which I believe makes my hair glossier. :p

Gingevere
October 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Biotin works wonders for me, too! I also take a teen women's multi which probably helps as well, along with maintaining a balanced diet.

embee
October 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I've just started Brewers Yeast so I don't know how it will do for me, but I'm hopeful. :)

Demetrue
October 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I keep trying Biotin, but it makes my skin break out with painful cystic acne, which has only happened whenever I take Biotin.