PDA

View Full Version : yet another hairtyping help request

inertia
October 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I thought I had straight hair which was just frizzy from damage. I thought it would grow out. And I was sure if I did a real hairtyping picture with clarifying shampoo, no conditioner, and no combing, that I'd end up with a giant dreadlock which I'd never be able to detangle. So for a long time I didn't bother. But finally all the people saying "frizz is hidden curls" got through to me, and I gave it a shot.

Apparently my hair texture has changed. o_O

Clarified, no conditioner, no combing, air-dried:
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m209/aitreni/fashion/DSCF0971.jpg

Is it 2a? Curlier? Most of it appears to be S-waves, but there are a few sections which are loose ringlets.

I have no idea how to take care of wavy hair. It really was straight up until a few years ago. I'll read the wavy threads but it's frustrating realizing that I'm going to have to make a lot of changes.

spidermom
October 4th, 2009, 02:36 PM
My first thought is 1C. It could be 2A also; there isn't a lot of difference between the two types.

twilight_faerie
October 4th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I'd say 2a. Your hair looks a lot like mine, but longer.

inertia
October 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Thank you for the input! I should perhaps add that it's like a 1b/1c when I'm in the US. This picture was taken last October in DC. I ran out with wet hair, gave it a quick brush when it dried, and it turned out all straight and frizz-free. It's always like that when I'm overseas.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m209/aitreni/Picture1.png

But it's never like that when I'm in Japan! Here it's frizz and waves everywhere, and straight-care techniques don't work at all. I don't know what to think. Is it possible that there's some issue with Tokyo water which is making my hair go frizzy/wavy? I don't know whether to try to work with the waves or install a water filter. (Maybe I should do both?)

Lamb
October 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I'd say, 1c/2a. Pretty! :flower:

Amoretti
October 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
1c

2a waves a bit more, like mine :)

Roseate
October 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Looks 2a, and beautiful! Welcome to the wavy side!

forgetmenotak
October 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I would say 1c, but I really wanted to pop in say your hair is lovely. Such pretty waves!

GlassEyes
October 4th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Thank you for the input! I should perhaps add that it's like a 1b/1c when I'm in the US. This picture was taken last October in DC. I ran out with wet hair, gave it a quick brush when it dried, and it turned out all straight and frizz-free. It's always like that when I'm overseas.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m209/aitreni/Picture1.png

But it's never like that when I'm in Japan! Here it's frizz and waves everywhere, and straight-care techniques don't work at all. I don't know what to think. Is it possible that there's some issue with Tokyo water which is making my hair go frizzy/wavy? I don't know whether to try to work with the waves or install a water filter. (Maybe I should do both?)
:O IS THAT EGA?

Anyway, things like climate and water can affect how much wave hair may or may not have. So in Japan, you look like a 1c, or maybe a 2a, and in the states, you're even less wavy. :p Happens.

melikai
October 5th, 2009, 04:56 AM
1C, but if you condition and oil a lot, you might get 2A.

In addition to the climate and hardness of water, the products you use can have a big effect on hair texture. Mine was stick straight until I stopped colouring and stopped using silicones. I also think that hormone levels can affect hair texture, as my mother's hair went from straight to curly after pregnancy, and the BCP can drastically alter the hair in various ways.

Arctic
October 5th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I think 1c/2a.

Najade
October 5th, 2009, 06:11 AM
I also think a 1c or a 2a, but more a 1c I think.

Dreamernz
October 5th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I'd say 2a, lovely hair btw :D

Tornerose
October 6th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I think 1c/2a.... perhaps more of a 1c as for now.