PDA

View Full Version : Uk conditioner recommendations for CO washing.

pixiedoo
October 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
I have CO washed a few times recently and my hair seems to respond really well to it. The chemical dye damage seems less noticacle after a CO wash and my hair is considerably less frizzy so I think I am going to stick with it for a while :)

I am currently using a mixture of Inecto Coconut conditioner and Australian Organics for fine hair. They do the job ok but I wondered what conditioners other UK CO washers use???

Any recommendations/suggestions on what to use and where to get cheap, effective cone free conditioner from in the UK would be much appreciated :)

Darscilla
October 4th, 2009, 05:56 AM
I've started CO'ing again recently after a 18 month break, and I can't imagine why I stopped! I actually like my hair again and it's been saved from the chop. I've been using Asda Smartprice conditioner, 24p for 500ml, and I'm really happy with it. It does have mineral oil, but if you clarify every so often it doesn't seem to be a problem. If you would prefer one without mineral oil, Asda's citrus, apple and jojoba conditioners are free of all nasties, but they seem a bit heavier to me, and more highly perfumed.

I know a lot of people like Superdrug's conditoners that are cone-free, but I haven't used them in a few years, so someone else would be better able to tell you which are good. HTH!

LutraLutra
October 4th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Faith in Nature (http://www.faithinnature.co.uk/) have a really good range of cone free condish, about £4 for a 400ml bottle which IMHO is a pretty good price. Their Lavender & Geranium Conditioner is a good place to start. :)

You can buy them online, or there's a bit on their site where you can search for local stockists (mostly smaller health food shops).

bunnii
October 4th, 2009, 06:40 AM
There is a link to all the cone free conditioners that have been found at the moment in my signature :)

HTH

ETA: i mostly just use cheapo conditioners, ones i fing in poundshops, like original source almond and coconut, the white pear and avacado one is great too. Yesterday I picked up a few bottles of tesco value conditioner I haven't used it for a while but I remember it was good.

pixiedoo
October 4th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply and the recommendations :)

bunnii the list linked in your signature is great. It will save me hours standing reading the back of conditioner bottles lol :)

Sophie.Bold
March 15th, 2011, 08:56 AM
There is a link to all the cone free conditioners that have been found at the moment in my signature :)

HTH

ETA: i mostly just use cheapo conditioners, ones i fing in poundshops, like original source almond and coconut, the white pear and avacado one is great too. Yesterday I picked up a few bottles of tesco value conditioner I haven't used it for a while but I remember it was good.

Hey! This list is great, Im wondering where you mean by poundshops and where do you find this kind of shops in London...Thanks

Cheers!

Firefox7275
March 15th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Hey! This list is great, Im wondering where you mean by poundshops and where do you find this kind of shops in London...Thanks

Cheers!

Pound shops are stores where everything costs £1 - some are chains (Poundland, Pound World) and others are one-off corner shops. They tend to be located in deprived towns and cities; Google says there are some in London. Pound shops don't keep the same brands in permanently, so if you find something you like stock up. Sometimes discounters like Home Bargains, B&M, Wilkinsons and Bodycare have the same brands for less than £1 so they are worth checking out too. :)

beccababesx
October 26th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Boots own for 64p - love it!