PDA

View Full Version : Great hair moment(s)

Vrushali
October 3rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
I had some great hair moments in the last two days that I wanted to share with you all! First, I was braiding my hair as usual the other day and for the first time ever I couldn't reach the bottom couple of inches of my hair behind my back and had to pull the braid over my shoulder to the front to finish braiding entirely!!My hair has never been this long!!:joy:
Second, me and DBF were watching a movie and I had my hair down. Suddenly he says 'Wow, your hair looks gorgeous! Its grown so long and it looks just wow!':o. Now DBF is very supportive and all but this is the first time I saw his jaw drop! He could barely compose complete sentences!:p
Lastly, I received my first pair of hair sticks and tried them on and and and I am not up-do challenged!! I made a simple chopstick bun and it stayed for hours. My chopstick bun never stayed for more than 30 min! (but then I used pencils, plastic hairsticks and real chopsticks and what not :rolleyes:)
So I am very very happy!! Guess who's going to be dancing all weekend!!!:happydance:

Debra83
October 3rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
Congratulation on compliments and length!!!!

I can just picture your boyfriend (not quite him) being flabbergasted at the "sudden" longness of your hair!!!!!! That's really cute. AND genuine. :cheese:

ericthegreat
October 3rd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Congratulations Vrushali!

My "great hair moments" are actually also great hair accidents/annoyances! I usually wear my hair straight down or just in a simply ponytail. I really don't like updos that much, I like having my hair long and free and loose so that's why I always have my hair out.

My hair always gets caught under the corners and bolts of my chair. Many times several strands of my hair have been caught and pulled out when I move or stand up from my chair! Actually many times I'm just too lazy to even pull my hair to the side or tie it up, so yeah it is my own fault but still :). I also have to be very careful to grab all my hair with my hand before I get out of a car and shut the car door!

Elenna
October 3rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Yesterday, my hair was in a ponytail with a lovely silver barrette with my silver hair cooperating in nice curls. I felt pretty.

Tangerine
October 3rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Those are 3 great moments Vrushali :cheese: What a happy day!! Hope you enjoy your dancin', bouncin' happy weekend :blossom:

Vrushali
October 3rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Thank you all for sharing your own cute hair experiences! I would love to hear more!!

Congratulation on compliments and length!!!!

I can just picture your boyfriend (not quite him) being flabbergasted at the "sudden" longness of your hair!!!!!! That's really cute. AND genuine. :cheese:

Thanks Debra83! It was really cute! hahahaaha!

and yes I am still dancing and everyone is welcome to join me!!:wethree:

Stephichan
October 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
My great hair moments have happened in the past month and involve buns (I'm challenged with everything that isn't a ponytail or a simple braid).

About a week ago I did a cinnabun and was able to finally secure it with some plastic chopsticks that I got at Claire's forever ago (high school). I tried to take pics, but the lighting was off and you couldn't see the bottom of the bun (which was kind of wonky anyway - I need more practice). I was so excited that I even posted a status on facebook about it, which dbf then 'liked'.

My real triumph was last night: my hair was bugging me and I was going to put it into a simple peacock twist with one of my jaw clips, but I twisted too much and it twisted itself into a cinnabun! To make things better, I grabbed my octopus clip and it stayed! It wasn't too tight (which is good - I hit my head a few nights ago and hair pulling on that spot will cause discomfort) and it wasn't bouncing everywhere! I had it that way for 3 hours while I watched a movie and it would've stayed longer had I not decided to go to bed.

RancheroTheBee
October 3rd, 2009, 12:32 PM
My great hair moment is right now. I just had it trimmed, and the ends feel so healthy and fresh. Plus, I got a scalp massage. :grin:

jlpearce
October 3rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
I had a fantastic hair day on Wednesday! My hair's so short, I can't do updos or anything, but both sides were curling under instead of flipping out in some horrible impression of Mary Tyler Moore, it wasn't frizzy...it was great! I need to have my picture taken for my new job, and I tried to get them to take it that day, the guy just didn't understand how rarely my hair looks that good! :)

Pumpkin
October 3rd, 2009, 04:10 PM
That is great, Vrushali!!! Many more great hair moments to you!!! :cheer:

JamieLeigh
October 3rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
Congrats on so many awesome hair moments! :cheese: Feels good, doesn't it? Enjoy your good hair weekend. ;)

Vrushali
October 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
My great hair moments have happened in the past month and involve buns (I'm challenged with everything that isn't a ponytail or a simple braid).

About a week ago I did a cinnabun and was able to finally secure it with some plastic chopsticks that I got at Claire's forever ago (high school). I tried to take pics, but the lighting was off and you couldn't see the bottom of the bun (which was kind of wonky anyway - I need more practice). I was so excited that I even posted a status on facebook about it, which dbf then 'liked'.

My real triumph was last night: my hair was bugging me and I was going to put it into a simple peacock twist with one of my jaw clips, but I twisted too much and it twisted itself into a cinnabun! To make things better, I grabbed my octopus clip and it stayed! It wasn't too tight (which is good - I hit my head a few nights ago and hair pulling on that spot will cause discomfort) and it wasn't bouncing everywhere! I had it that way for 3 hours while I watched a movie and it would've stayed longer had I not decided to go to bed.

The bun miracle! Need I say more??:D Good for you!!

My great hair moment is right now. I just had it trimmed, and the ends feel so healthy and fresh. Plus, I got a scalp massage. :grin:

aahh a scalp massage! *runs off to get one of her own*

I had a fantastic hair day on Wednesday! My hair's so short, I can't do updos or anything, but both sides were curling under instead of flipping out in some horrible impression of Mary Tyler Moore, it wasn't frizzy...it was great! I need to have my picture taken for my new job, and I tried to get them to take it that day, the guy just didn't understand how rarely my hair looks that good! :)

They never understand!:shrug: and I can totally understand how it feels to have your hair curl just like you want it!:flower:

That is great, Vrushali!!! Many more great hair moments to you!!! :cheer:

Congrats on so many awesome hair moments! :cheese: Feels good, doesn't it? Enjoy your good hair weekend. ;)

Thank you Pumkin and JamieLeigh!!:cheese:

little_acorn
October 3rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
That's great, Vrushali - those are seriously awesome hair moments :flower:

Vrushali
October 4th, 2009, 07:41 AM
That's great, Vrushali - those are seriously awesome hair moments :flower:

Thank you little_acorn :)

maaria
October 4th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Congrats to you:p

Dreamernz
October 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Congratulations!!!!:d:d:d

rogue_psyche
October 4th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Congrats on the DBF shocking and the bun making. I actually have not been able to do a decent cinnabun yet, let alone one that stays so maybe I should get a proper hairstick too...

I did have a moment recently when I was brushing my hair out before putting it up for work where my dad said to my mom, "Sierra's hair is really long, huh?" Mom: "Yeah, its so pretty." Dad: "It looks really healthy too." It felt really good because my parents really don't ever tell me what they think of me unless its to criticize me in some way. :rolleyes:

Then there was the time at work when my co-worker walked by, stopped, and said, "Your hair is so pretty right now!" Then she paused and said, "Your hair made me forget what I went back here for!"

Paliele
October 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Then there was the time at work when my co-worker walked by, stopped, and said, "Your hair is so pretty right now!" Then she paused and said, "Your hair made me forget what I went back here for!"

Good for you! I love distracting people to the point that they can't remember what they're doing. :D

Vrushali
October 5th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Congrats on the DBF shocking and the bun making. I actually have not been able to do a decent cinnabun yet, let alone one that stays so maybe I should get a proper hairstick too...

I did have a moment recently when I was brushing my hair out before putting it up for work where my dad said to my mom, "Sierra's hair is really long, huh?" Mom: "Yeah, its so pretty." Dad: "It looks really healthy too." It felt really good because my parents really don't ever tell me what they think of me unless its to criticize me in some way. :rolleyes:

Thats awesome!! and yes a good hairstick definitely helped me so should give it a shot too! Keep growing..

Vrushali
October 5th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Congratulations!!!!:d:d:d

Thank you! May I add that you braid is gorgeous!