PDA

View Full Version : What's monistat for?!?!

katydid317
October 3rd, 2009, 08:56 AM
So far I have been doing more lurking than posting, and in doing all this reading I have noticed people talking about using monistat...in their hair? What does this do exactly?

lora410
October 3rd, 2009, 08:58 AM
Stimulates growth. However some shed too much and stop. I personally had FANTASTIC results with this stuff. I also used Mega-Tek akak horse stuff (seperate thread) and has good results as well.

katydid317
October 3rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
So what do you do with it exactly? Just get the cream and put it on your hair?

WritingPrincess
October 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
IIRC, it's applied to the scalp. I've never tried it, being both low on cash and blessed with a growth rate speedy enough to suit me.

RedJen
October 3rd, 2009, 09:59 AM
So other than stimulating growth-- does it help with dandruff or dermatitis?

lora410
October 3rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
So what do you do with it exactly? Just get the cream and put it on your hair?

Yup, on the scalp. I used to take a dime size and water it down. I then would apply it with a dropper and massage for a minute. I did this about twice a week.

lora410
October 3rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
So other than stimulating growth-- does it help with dandruff or dermatitis?

Just like in the vagina, it is used to kill bacterial and infection. I think some had good result with clearing up the scalp. Tea tree oil is good for the scalp as well.

Heidi_234
October 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Here's the thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156) :flower:

jacqueline101
April 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM
It's female vaginal yeast infection cream. You apply it to your scalp there are mixture recipes or you can rub it on your scalp. You leave it on all day if you like at least I do.