PDA

View Full Version : Upside-down Gibson tuck?

halo_tightens
October 3rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
Is there a term for such a thing? I just tried doing the exact same thing upside-down for a change, to see what would happen, and I was surprised to find it extremely comfortable! I can also do it with a wider, softer, kinder elastic than I can use for the regular way. What do you think?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3760&pictureid=51725

WavyGirl
October 3rd, 2009, 05:09 AM
Looks good on you. :flower: I did this a few times when I was first learning the Gibson tuck and having problems with the directions. Didn't looks so good on my head though. I have no clue if it has an "official" LHC name though. :shrug:

Medievalmaniac
October 3rd, 2009, 06:48 AM
hey - that's kind of cool!!! I wonder if there's an official name for it already, or if you really actually made it up?

Peggy E.
October 3rd, 2009, 08:18 AM
This does look nice on you. "Upside-Down Gibson Tuck" pretty much covers it, don'chya think?! ;o)

rchorr
October 3rd, 2009, 09:58 AM
That's an interesting look. I have a feeling that my hair wouldn't look so good that way, though. When you have wavy/curly prone to frizz hair, it would look messy after about the 1st hour.

I like the look, though. My DD's hair is straight. Maybe I'll try it on her. :)

RCHORR'

halo_tightens
October 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Okay, now I'm really stoked! I went to bed with this still in last night. I slept an extra-long time, as I always do on Saturdays, lol. When I got up, my hair was still up and still comfortable, and it came down tangle-free-- I think I've finally found something to sleep in!!! Yayyyy!
ETA: I didn't put on my sleep cap last night, but I can tell that this would also fit nicely under it.

I redid it this morning and it looks much nicer and smoother than last night, and I think this is something I'd be happy to wear out of the house, as well. I've been having a really hard time coming up with ways to wear my hair at this length and thickness, so any new discovery is extremely valuable to me!

Spring
October 3rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
I like this. Is there a tutorial on the Gibson tuck? Are you using pins to hold your hair in place?