PDA

View Full Version : We fix those $8 haircuts!

whiteisle
October 1st, 2009, 06:40 PM
That's what the ad in the yellow pages said.

I've been contemplating a trim. It's been 6 months since the last trim and due to problems with the girl I was going to I had no intention of returning to her and was looking for somewhere new. I had no choice but to pick up the phone to inquire after reading that. The lady I spoke to was very nice. She explained that it was her parent's business and that her father had passed (he was a barber) so now she and her mom run it. She's 51 and has been doing hair since she was 19. I explained I was growing my hair long and that I wanted only a small trim. She totally understood and reassured me that I wouldn't walk out missing any more of my hair than I wanted to. She also said she has a client who hadn't been anywhere for 2 years because of bad experiences and after this lady did her hair the client actually wrote a thank you letter! So I've got my fingers crossed (and my toes and anything else I can cross) that she'll do a good job, understand my goals, and be my support rather than my fear. So send good trim vibes my way! :cool:

ambychelle
October 1st, 2009, 06:46 PM
ha ha ha.. that tickles my funny bone. I've paid a lot more than $8 for a terrible haircut. What is it.. "Once bitten, twice shy"

I'm sure you'll love your trim. Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

lora410
October 1st, 2009, 06:57 PM
Good luck. I am weary of hair places myself..lol

friskybiznus
October 1st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Oh man. I can totally relate. Sending positive mojo your way!

Roseate
October 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I hope you've found a good stylist, they're worth their weight in gold! All the signs sound good, anyway.

intothemist1999
October 1st, 2009, 09:41 PM
Good luck! Maybe you can give us a "before and after"? :D

Bluebell
October 2nd, 2009, 01:37 AM
It sounds good! I hope it turns out very well!:)

Ally<3
October 2nd, 2009, 02:14 AM
Good luck, stay strong, tell them exactly what you want!

Tangerine
October 2nd, 2009, 03:21 AM
Sounds promising! Hope it all goes well - sending good vibes your way :blossom:

georgia_peach
October 2nd, 2009, 03:35 AM
Before I read your entire post, I was going to tell you STOP and get thee to a barber instead! But it sounds like you may have found a really good place to go (Dad was a barber, etc...). Lots of positive thoughts are coming your way.

WaimeaWahine
October 2nd, 2009, 03:36 AM
Feye's self-trim is always an option.

But if you're comfortable letting someone else do it then go for it. Sending lots of good vibes your way. :)

Newniepg
October 2nd, 2009, 03:51 AM
I hope that your experience is as nice as the hairdressers sound. :) Enjoy. :)

RancheroTheBee
October 2nd, 2009, 07:00 AM
From the sounds of it, she's not trying to dupe you or anything. :) Good luck. We can be scared-of-trims-but-doing-it-anyway-buddies.

BlndeInDisguise
October 2nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Hope it works out for you! Let us know the results. :)

paperwhite
October 2nd, 2009, 07:49 AM
Good luck! I've been considering visiting my local barber (literally two minutes away from my apartment) for a tiny trim. The last time I tried Feye's method, I was moderately pleased considering it was my first time doing it. The thought of cutting my own hair still makes me a little too nervous to try it a second time:shrug:

whiteisle
October 2nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
Well, I got my trim. And it was...........great!!!! LOVE this woman! She spent a lot of time actually talking to me about my hair, it's history, my wants/goals, etc. Just fabulous! I think she only trimmed maybe 1/4" off. She also cut in some angles in the front which I very much like. I don't feel so dragged down now. Come to find out she has a cosmotology license, not a barber. Her dad, who was a barber, wanted a different license in the shop so that they could run the gamut of hair care so they sent her to beauty school. Just really neat! Can't wait to go back! *wait! did I say that????* :D Naw...I think I'll try to wait another 3-6 months at least. :eyebrows:

So anyway........just wanted to update! Yee haa! I've found my "person"! *clicks heels*

clairenewcastle
October 2nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
I'm so pleased for you!
Finding a good hairdresser is never easy - and I'm speaking from dire experience here - do post some pictures!

spidermom
October 2nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
Terrific news.

patience
October 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
:joy: I'm so happy you had a good experience. I think you have a keeper there.

rchorr
October 3rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Well, I got my trim. And it was...........great!!!! LOVE this woman! She spent a lot of time actually talking to me about my hair, it's history, my wants/goals, etc. Just fabulous! I think she only trimmed maybe 1/4" off. She also cut in some angles in the front which I very much like. I don't feel so dragged down now. Come to find out she has a cosmotology license, not a barber. Her dad, who was a barber, wanted a different license in the shop so that they could run the gamut of hair care so they sent her to beauty school. Just really neat! Can't wait to go back! *wait! did I say that????* :D Naw...I think I'll try to wait another 3-6 months at least. :eyebrows:

So anyway........just wanted to update! Yee haa! I've found my "person"! *clicks heels*

AWESOME!!!! It's SO nice to hear GOOD news from a stylist visit, for a change.

RCHORR'

Gingevere
October 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
I've paid a lot more than $8 for a terrible haircut. What is it.. "Once bitten, twice shy"

Lol, I paid $100 for a bad perm! Never again, never again... :D

Good luck!

heatherdazy
October 3rd, 2009, 07:41 PM
Glad it worked out!

LoversLullaby
October 3rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Oh, I hope all goes well, good luck!

Bluebell
October 4th, 2009, 08:47 AM
:) Yay! That's great! Enjoy your welltrimmed hair!;)