PDA

View Full Version : Lost style instructions

Juliet's Silk
March 9th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Okay I admit I feel lost, but I guess I'm not alone with that, heh.
The day before yesterday I wanted to do a fancy style and realized that I couldn't because I have completey forgotten how to do it and I couldn't look it up. I had forgotten how to do all the fancy styles I once could - I never needed to memorize the single steps since I could always look them up on LHC ... well, not anymore.
So, I'm hoping that someone here can chime in and help - maybe you can point me to somewhere else where the styles are saved or just describe me the steps. Since I (in theory) know how to do these styles, I should be able to go from there myself. I included pictures so that those of you not familiar with the name can maybe remember the style as well.
I search instructions for Hairymonster's Double Loop Knot
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/silith1/doubleloopbraidwaves-1.jpg

as well as for the Goddess Bun (first described by unaspenser)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/silith1/goddessbun4-1.jpg

and for the Bunny Tail (described in Rain's photo journal I think).
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a146/silith1/bunnytail-1.jpg

TIA! (and excuse the pictures being so big)

aisling
March 11th, 2008, 03:15 AM
I know how to do the double looped knot, I'm just bad at explaining. Gather your hair into a ponytail, hold it with your right hand and put your left hand or a few fingers above the base of the tail. Wrap the tail around your fingers, you should now have the tail hanging down on the left side. Grab the tail with your right hand, bring it counterclockwise to the right side, grab the middle tail with the fingers on your left hand and pull the tail, folded double, through the first loop you created. With your right hand you also grab the first loop and pull that towards the right at the same when you pull the folded tail through. You should end up with the ends still sticking out on the right side. Wrap the remaining ends around the base of the bun and push a stick through the two loops you've created.

My own variation is what I call a combo knot. I start the same way but let the tail fall down to the right. From there I wrap it clockwise once around the base of the bun and then pull the folded tail through the loop. This way a little more length is eaten up and it's also easier for me to do as a right handed person. I usually end up pulling loop #1 a little up towards right and the second one down left, the hairstick is placed more vertical than with a double looped bun.

Isn't the Goddess bun something like part your hair from ear to ear, bun the hair in the back in a simple cinnamon bun (or if you want a bigger bun; a sock bun). Then take the front hair, part it in the middle and then you twist each part towards the top of your head and wrap the twisted parts around your bun.

Juliet's Silk
March 11th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Aisling, thanks! I'm sure I can do the double loop knot bun again with your instructions - my fingers *know* what they're supposed to do but my brain does not :lol:

You're right about the Goddess bun, it's a rather simple bun but when it comes to bringing the three parts together, I simply failed. You need to wrap them in the right direction around the first bun, and I couldn't remember which way. My result looked dreadful :o Maybe I could guess which way when I look carefully at my own picture, hmmm...

Dianyla
March 11th, 2008, 03:32 AM
When I do a bunnytail, I make a single knot in my hair close to the scalp, then put a hairstick through it. This way the tail comes out of the center of the bun.

There's a pic of a bunnytail (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12&pictureid=40) in my public photos here.

KarenLynn
March 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
If you want the pictures, I do still have the tutorial I made for the double-looped knot. I'm planning on putting it back in the articles section one of these days, as well as any other old articles I have saved in their entirety.

frizzinator
March 12th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I love this secure holding double-looped knot. Initially I thought it was like the pretzel bun, but it's not. Thank You so much for the great instructions Aisling.

Anje
March 13th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I want to know how to do CinnamonHair's Celtic Knot. Any instructions?

Diamondbell
March 14th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Juliet's Silk/Anje
may be you are looking for this?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bellefr/doubleloopknotinstructions.jpg

(the double looped knot or the celtic knot)

OhioLisa
March 14th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Diamondbell, you rock. Thanks for posting that again. :D

Cinnamon Hair
March 14th, 2008, 02:02 AM
I want to know how to do CinnamonHair's Celtic Knot. Any instructions?

I'll attempt to describe it. Hopefully one day we can access the archives where Tiffany has good pics of this style.

Make a ponytail. Hold it with left hand. Use right hand to make a knot around your left (hair goes over left hand, drops in front of you, pull back thru under left hand, bring up pony base and use left hand to pull it through the loop you've created.) The trick is not to pull the knot completely through, just pull out a few inches of it. Wrap remaining length around the base. Separate loops to make it look nice and put in sticks, or ficcare, or whatever. If you're lucky it will look like a celtic knot.

Juliet's Silk
March 14th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Thank you all for your input! It's greatly appreciated! :cheese:

Diamondbell, thanks for the picture! That's the style I meant, although I specifically searched for Hairymonster's - I don't know what she did differently, but I never could get the instructions you linked work for me... but I guess it doesn't matter, I'll get it to work! :)

Dianyla - a simple knot, wouldn't have thought of that, thanks!

Anje
March 14th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks, CH.

Incidentally, isn't the double-looped knot a twisted version of the swirly bun?

intothemist1999
March 15th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Gather your hair into a ponytail, hold it with your right hand and put your left hand or a few fingers above the base of the tail. Wrap the tail around your fingers, you should now have the tail hanging down on the left side.

Wrap the tail around the fingers of the left or right hand? :)

aisling
March 16th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Thanks, CH.

Incidentally, isn't the double-looped knot a twisted version of the swirly bun?

I'm not sure what you mean by "twisted" here? They are similar, the combo knot and the swirly bun even more, the only bun that needs any twisting is the swirly bun, the other ones are just wrapped and looped.

Wrap the tail around the fingers of the left or right hand? :)

As you're holding your hair with your right hand and place the fingers of your left hand above the tail, it's obviously around the fingers of your left hand. If you try to do it, it should be pretty evident which hand/fingers.

Diamondbell
March 17th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Diamondbell, you rock. Thanks for posting that again. :D

Thanks OhioLisa - I have to add though that it is not my hair photo. The model seems to be unknown. I found it through
http://www.langhaarnetzwerk.de

Yes, these are lovely instructions!