PDA

View Full Version : First length shot and a question.

AbruptlyWanderi
September 30th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Hi! So, I have been part of this amazing place for 3 months, so I thought I should post a length pic! You can see my layer. XD Also, our pool is green because it was just brushed.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn8/MyssTara/My%20hair/downsized_0930091103.jpg?t=1254336529
If I had taken the picture yesterday, I would not be wearing that white sweatshirt-thing, because yesterday it was really hot out, like it had been for months. Today, however, it is really quite cold (to me at least). Florida is weird.

Also, I would like to ask a question. My cousin, Alex, is trying to grow out his hair, and it is in between shoulder length and APL, and has grown maybe an inch over the past year. He says that he has splits about 3 inches long, a bunch of them. His hair type is 2cFii, and the only thing he ever does is wash every now and then, and fingercomb sometimes. He also says that he just wants length, he does not care about what condition his hair is in, and that he does not want to do to much work. Because he is lazy.

RancheroTheBee
September 30th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Yeah, sounds like he's not going to get any length with hair like that. Splits can travel up, and break even more, closer to the scalp. It's probably cutting itself that way. Get him to trim all the splits out, and then he can neglect it as much as he wants, but it needs to be trimmed if he wants length.

Anyway, nice pic! And welcome, sort of! :D

AbruptlyWanderi
September 30th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Okay, thank you! I suppose he might be upset about losing about 3 inches of length, but then it will grow back, so yeah.

And thanks!

AbruptlyWanderi
September 30th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Oh, and I just told him, and we had a short discussion of split ends, and how slow the standard growth rate it.

Fractalsofhair
September 30th, 2009, 03:00 PM
How does he normally comb his hair? He could use a gentler shampoo and conditioner, and washing less often is less work!

Getting it cut is probably what he needs to do if it's that fried.

Your hair is a gorgeous color though! And it looks really healthy!

JamieLeigh
October 1st, 2009, 09:35 AM
Nice hair pic!! :flower:

I'm sorry to hear that Alex doesn't want to take care of his hair. Long hair can be SO attractive on a guy if he's taking good care of it. :crush: Plus, he won't gain NEARLY as much length if he's super-rough with it.

maxzeen
October 2nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Hello fellow Floridian! Yes it was cold yesterday haha. But concerning the hair, I would cut off all the splits if he doesn't really want to maintain it at all, so at least he doesn't have to worry about the splits traveling up the hair.

emeraldfaery
October 2nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Another Floridan! Woot! There aren't too many around here. I'd say your cousin should cut at least 3 inches off to get rid of the splits and try to maintain a healthier hair routine after that.