PDA

View Full Version : A cinnamon bun.. I can do a cinnamon bun!

eadwine
April 19th, 2008, 08:46 AM
YAY!! :cheese:

Might not seem like anything big for you, but with my hair I have NOT been able to properly do a cinnamon bun..

I however WANTED to make a video out of it, I mean heck.. I have to do that too, you know.

And I managed to make one with U pins! WOOOHOOOO!!

Here is the proof :D:D

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/78/cinnamonqj2.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cinnamonqj2.jpg)

Here is the video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj_1-pKSiVU)

jojo
April 19th, 2008, 08:51 AM
a nice fat one too! your becoming quite the expert on updos eadwine, keep them coming you give me so many ideas.

eadwine
April 19th, 2008, 08:52 AM
*giggle* Yeah.. when I inspected it in the mirror I went WHOA!

Oh I will upload the video and put it in here too, in that first post :)

florenonite
April 19th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Ooh, exciting. It's very nice and smooth and quite big and fat, too!

eadwine
April 19th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks! Yeah.. at times I wonder about that ii, but I KNOW I AM one.. I mean my hair does not grow inches around itself just for the pictures :lol:

AJoifulNoise
April 19th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I understand the excitement. I was similarly excited when I made my first cinabun. Congrats! It looks great.

eadwine
April 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Thank you! :D

Patrycja
April 19th, 2008, 09:41 AM
ohhh shiny.I :love: shiny hair. Great cinnabun!

Angela_Rose
April 19th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Huzzah! It looks wonderful.

eadwine
April 19th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks all! :D

freznow
April 19th, 2008, 10:17 AM
That's nice! Mine always turns into what has been called a 'turd bun', so I don't do them often...

Robinlyn
April 19th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Good for you! That video and pic are perfect!! I'll save it to my favs so someday (sigh) when my hair is long, I can do it to! Thanks for sharing!!

eadwine
April 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks!

However, I think you should definitely be able to do this bun already at your length and thickness!

KaeleyAnne
April 19th, 2008, 10:39 AM
That's a great video. My cinnamon buns always end up with some of the subsequent loops sliding under the first loop, similar to a bee-but bun. I think, though, that if I hold the loops flat against my head like you seem to be doing in the video that I'll be able to get my cinnamon buns to turn out better.

Thanks!

eadwine
April 19th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Definitely!

I have tried this bun a couple more times just to make sure I wasn't just having a lucky shot here, and I had a few that looked like the turd :lol:

The trick is indeed to make sure it stays flat so the hair gets tucked under only the last coil.

What could also help is what I used to do to my double braided buns: grab a U pin, and slide it right through the center of the bun, so not along the scalp but about halfway away from to the head so to speak. That pin will hold the separate coils in place and will avoid them to fall away from the inside.

Jeni
April 19th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Congrats!! Isn't it great when you realize you can do a new style? Your hair looks so think and nice, I am jealous. I can do a cinnamon bun, but its small and sad :(

eadwine
April 19th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Small can be good too! You can do things I cannot even do! :)

Jan in ID
April 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
that looks great!

eadwine
April 19th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks Jan :)

Curlsgirl
April 19th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Beautiful job Eadwine!!! :cheese:

Lixie
April 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Congrats on being able to do the stye. Your hair looks so nice and shiny too. :)

eadwine
April 20th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks you two :D

Shanarana
April 20th, 2008, 02:20 AM
*giggle* Yeah.. when I inspected it in the mirror I went WHOA!

Oh I will upload the video and put it in here too, in that first post :)

Isn't it exciting when you look in the mirror and see a great do? Yours looks great!

eadwine
April 20th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Thank you! Today I am suffering from updogroan, so I cannot repeat it like I could yesterday :lol:

Shanarana
April 20th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Go figure huh? lol. You'll get it again. :)

eadwine
April 20th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Yeah.. I did it almost 10 times in a row yesterday, so I know I can do it. :D

Tresses
April 20th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Congratulations, eadwine! I know how excited you are. :D It took me nearly 18 months to "get" how to make a cinnamon bun. :o (My hair was between BSL and waist, I think.) When I finally did I was so thrilled I made my husband take pictures so I could post them at LHC. :lol:

1nuitblanche
April 20th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Your cinnamon bun is beautiful! Your hair looks wonderful like that. (I also got a chuckle out of the term "updogroan"--it really describes that situation well.)

eadwine
April 21st, 2008, 12:03 AM
:lol: Thank you!

I didn't get it to look as beautiful as that anymore though, but ah well.. I can still make it work WHEN I don't have an updogroan day!

tomm
April 22nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
YAY!! :cheese:

Might not seem like anything big for you, but with my hair I have NOT been able to properly do a cinnamon bun..

... And I managed to make one with U pins! WOOOHOOOO!!
WOW! Amazing Cinnamon bun, eadwine! Congratulations!

And your youtube video was beautifully done! Thanks for sharing it!

Peggy E.
April 22nd, 2008, 09:07 AM
Boy, you could spend a whole lotta time watching braiding and styling videos over there on YouTube, couldn't 'ya?!!!

Your bun looks great and in the video it is easy to see why it was a difficult feat to accomplish - I kept thinking, "What's she going to do with those thick ends? They won't go under!" and then they did!!!

eadwine
April 22nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
WOW! Amazing Cinnamon bun, eadwine! Congratulations!

And your youtube video was beautifully done! Thanks for sharing it!
Thank you so much! :D

Boy, you could spend a whole lotta time watching braiding and styling videos over there on YouTube, couldn't 'ya?!!!

Your bun looks great and in the video it is easy to see why it was a difficult feat to accomplish - I kept thinking, "What's she going to do with those thick ends? They won't go under!" and then they did!!!
:lol: The thick ends have never been a problem really, but my slippery hair has been! Maybe it just needed more length in order to start working. I cannot yet repeat it as nicely as this particular one turned out, but I have good hopes for the future. :)

PetiteHatter
July 1st, 2008, 04:32 PM
Congrats!!! :D Looks great!

wendy645
July 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
I wish my ends looked like that! Wait... I wish my hair as that shiny and slippery! :-) I could... *gulp*... cut it to get those ends but...

nah! ;-)

Indigo Girl
July 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Great video - you made the process look so smooth. And of course, beautiful cinnamon bun! :bluesmile

missy60
July 1st, 2008, 10:49 PM
Wow it really looks great! I can totally understand your excitement I felt the same way when I could finally make one, but mine doesnt look as nice and thick as yours.

walkinglady
July 1st, 2008, 10:50 PM
I remember my first successful cinnamon bun, it was so exciting! Yours looks great, congratulations!

Kiraela
July 1st, 2008, 11:08 PM
Congrats, Eadwine! It looks wonderful!

katiana
July 1st, 2008, 11:17 PM
Looks great! I wanted to also mention thanks for your wonderful youtube videos :) they have been great to watch and learn!

Laululintu
July 2nd, 2008, 03:30 AM
It looks great Eadwine :D

saman
July 2nd, 2008, 04:13 AM
the bun looks beautiful eadwine and you always do great updos.I saw your site and it's very useful.great job.

FrannyG
July 2nd, 2008, 04:28 AM
Your cinnamon bun is simply gorgeous. Your hair is so thick and lovely; that's why it took you a little extra length to be able to make it. I share your delight! :flowers:

eadwine
July 2nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
*bes amazed this got dug up* :lol:

Thanks everyone, glad to help out with the videos too! I can make the cinnamon much more easily now, yet I still opt for the 10sec quick bun version of mine. The cinnamon ONLY holds with Amish pins though.. for the life of me can't get it to work with a stick or even a Ficcare.

Kevyspen
July 3rd, 2008, 12:26 AM
Hi Eadwine,
just to say thanks for your hair instruction page - will be trying some of them later! they are fantastic

eadwine
July 3rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
You're welcome!

Hopefully when my hair gets longer I will be able to improve some videos :) (like the figure 8, for which it is still a bit too short. I can manage, but I become mean tight bunned lady then :lol:

ladiosaRosa
July 3rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Congrats!!!....it's beautiful, fat and shiny. Looks like it might be 'slippy' even when dry (not wet/damp). Nice going.

eadwine
July 3rd, 2008, 12:27 PM
Very slippy. I didn't change my member title for nothing ;) :lol:

jojo
July 3rd, 2008, 12:29 PM
looks good enough to eat! your growing well Mrs!

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/78/cinnamonqj2.th.jpg (http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cinnamonqj2.jpg)

Here is the video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj_1-pKSiVU)[/quote]

eadwine
July 3rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks Jojo!