PDA

View Full Version : Training Your Hair to Stay

WelshLocks
September 29th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Now I know that when you are trying to train new bangs to stay, you comb them to where you want them when wet and let them dry like that. Well, I want to do that with all of my hair as well. I usually keep all of my hair parted into two sections in the front. It looks really short every though I'm almost at midback length. Is there a way that I can make my hair stay on my back instead?I have layers and the shortest layers are at collar bone length so pretty soon they will go over my shoulder(eventually).

Thanks. :)

Shiva
September 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I say enroll your hair in a reputable obedience class so it learns to behave and learn other skills such as sit, heel and leave it.... make sure you use lots of treats and positive reinforcement.

:o

alright, alright, but your thread title made me immediately think that you want to train your hair like you would a faithful canine companion. Other than that I have no useful advice.

Shermie Girl
September 29th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I say enroll your hair in a reputable obedience class so it learns to behave and learn other skills such as sit, heel and leave it.... make sure you use lots of treats and positive reinforcement.

:o

alright, alright, but your thread title made me immediately think that you want to train your hair like you would a faithful canine companion. Other than that I have no useful advice.

:rollin:

I was just about to post a very similar reply.

In answer to the OP, I haven't found a way to make my hair stay on my back (when it is long enough, that is) and not flop forward and fly all over the place. I have to restrain it.

julya
September 29th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I think my hair needs obedience school too!

prittykitty
September 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I am still trying to find a way to make my natural curls behave so I can quit with the heat styling to smooth them.

Heidi_234
September 30th, 2009, 12:53 AM
WelshLocks, you can't really train your hair, but your hair definitely trains you :)

You can wear it in a half up, gathering half of your hair, but taking all the front pieces you want to stay back and secure them with little jaw clip, or a little barette or flexi-8 or something of a kind.

meph
September 30th, 2009, 02:52 AM
My hair does this too, and it can be quite annoying. The only solution I have so far is to just wear it up, either an updo or a halfup. I don't think you can train your hair to stay behind your back.. maybe when it gains some more length it won't fall forward that easily any more ?

florenonite
September 30th, 2009, 10:02 AM
My hair's the same. I haven't found a way to train it yet; I think you just need to wait till it's longer and stays there voluntarily.